what do you do for a living?

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
32teeth

Re: what do you do for a living?

Post by 32teeth » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:41 am

i'm a full stack developer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/32teeth/

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:20 am

I am a Regional Director of Operations for a health care exclusive Managed Print Services company. I started my employment with the organization when I was 19 years old and I have only a semesters worth of college education. As a hobby, I tinker with Cisco, Linux / Windows administration, and Network Penetration. When I'm not building hand held gaming consoles I'm building virtual full scale enterprise networks so I can hack and break them. :D

I'd like to eventually shift careers and become a System / Network admin for one of the healthcare systems that's under my umbrella. I really need to start shifting my free to studying for certifications.

tyler335

Post by tyler335 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:54 am

I'm an Electrical Engineer. The company I work for designs and manufactures modular shelters for telecom, solar, oil/gas, government, and fiber networking industries. My focus is on designing fiber regen colocation shelters and medium voltage power conversion stations for utility scale solar farms.

Pretty much, if you need a little house, hit me up...
Check out my latest GBZ build: http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 779#p35779

Image.......Image.......Image

codeman0624

Post by codeman0624 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:32 am

I'm an electrical engineer as well, working in the medical IC design industry. We build chips and systems for CT, ultrasound, and all sorts of other things. I end up doing a lot of circuit board design for work. My hobby is basically the same as what I do for work...maybe I should branch out a little more?!

tronicgr

Post by tronicgr » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:59 pm

I'm an engineering manufacturing liaison for well known drone industry (clients are Nasa and US Gov). In between designing and building testers for flight servos, I have a few side hobbies that include 6dof motion platform simulators (flight and car racing), and retro gaming systems.

I absolutely love my job! I never had a job before in my life that i could not wait to get there early in the morning eager to make another breaktrhough!

RetroRocket

Post by RetroRocket » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:01 am

I'm an Industrial Designer with a background in Mechanical Engineering and market research... Currently on the job hunt as well as I just completed my masters degree.

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:12 am

software engineer that originally studied as an electronic engineer... but that was sooooooooo long ago i've more or less forgotten everything i learned regarding electronics except the basics

neolith

Post by neolith » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:35 am

I'm a graphics designer currently employed as a 3D artist for architectural visualization. These days I am doing all of the SFX, compositing, color correction and grading for our movies though.
In other words – I don't know jack about electronics. And I fear for my safety and everyone's around me once I start soldering. :lol:
– "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." –

EVE-TECH

Post by EVE-TECH » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:43 pm

I'm a robotics engineer and artwork with metal :ugeek:

demodummy

Post by demodummy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:28 pm

neolith wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:35 am
I'm a graphics designer currently employed as a 3D artist for architectural visualization. These days I am doing all of the SFX, compositing, color correction and grading for our movies though.
In other words – I don't know jack about electronics. And I fear for my safety and everyone's around me once I start soldering. :lol:
I'm also a Graphic Designer by trade, but employed as a 3D Artist for an Ad Agency; mostly handling/retouching stills using 3D assets. Small World, huh? What movies have you worked on?

I don't know anything about electronics either and I'm hoping to learn what I can wherever I can. Nice to meet you all!