what do you do for a living?

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
JoeyLYCAN

Re: what do you do for a living?

Post by JoeyLYCAN » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:51 am

I work for a Contract Company doing whatever is needed. My Company is Leadec and currently I work out of GM Lordstown as a Baler Operator. Although that is my main job during production weeks my job can shift to many different things during non Production weeks. Janitorial, Mechanical, Power Equipment Operation, etc. I pretty much do it all, literally haha. It's a decent enough job for now but I really wanna go back to school, I just need to make up my mind on what for!

Cfink

Post by Cfink » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:28 pm

I am an industrial maintenance crew leader. The company i work for produces master alloys for medical and aerospace applications. If you’ve ever flown commercially, our metals are in the planes turbine engines.

Marascon

Post by Marascon » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:10 am

I'm just a lousy Programmer, working for a decent sized company.

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:50 am

I work in a research greenhouse (Bayer CropScience, growing canola only, Brassica napus), I deal with operation and maintenance. So that ranges from watering plants and monitoring fertilizer rates etc..., plant maintenance, spraying pesticides/herbicides/fungicides/, ordering all supplies, and making capital purchases, repairing broken equipment (or hiring out if I cannot repair myself), I will also coordinate with the other technicians, and let them know where they can plant their projects (we have 16 individual 500 sq ft glass greenhouse rooms, 12 100-300 sq ft growth chambers, and 11 smaller reach in growth chambers), and I will keep the greenhouse clean as well. I also deal with the automated control systems for our greenhouses/growth chambers.

It's a pretty cool job, and I get to have a lot of freedom, and I get a lot of variety in my day to day activities.

McGyver

Post by McGyver » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:45 am

Employment: Aircraft systems installation. But I love to solder since childhood. Got it learned by my grandfather before school starts. During the last years I tried myself in TIG welding. All over the years I start some projects or repair household equipments.
Another project: tube amps and turntables.

Artley24

Post by Artley24 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:18 pm

I work as a customer Engineer for a Semiconductor company I enjoy the traveling it gives me.

ZahcStarKiller

Post by ZahcStarKiller » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:49 pm

Paramedic and Volunteer Law Endorcement Officer. I specialize (as a medic) in wildland fire/disasters and rope rescue.

Adim01

Post by Adim01 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:07 am

I'm a student and trying to get a degree as an engineer, and work part-time as a cashier (gameboy zero's are expensive).
As much as I read there are no other students here :D

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:49 am

Adim01 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:07 am
I'm a student and trying to get a degree as an engineer, and work part-time as a cashier (gameboy zero's are expensive).
As much as I read there are no other students here :D
False, i’m working as a Works Supervisor and studying for a bachelor degree in civil engineering... at the age of forty :mrgreen:
Follow me on instagram Image

Adim01

Post by Adim01 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:40 pm

YaYa wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:49 am
False, i’m working as a Works Supervisor and studying for a bachelor degree in civil engineering... at the age of forty :mrgreen:
Wherei study 1/3 of the "class" is in your age range :D
And thoseare the best people of them all they can really teach you something about life what a book can't.
So its never too lete to leran something new :lol: