New members, introduce yourself!

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
R A V I O L I

Re: New members, introduce yourself!

Post by R A V I O L I » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:37 pm

Hello everyone

My name is Matthew. I'm in high school. I love electronics. I started collecting retro games a year ago when I asked my parents for a GBA sp for my birthday. And I've just started work on a Gameboy zero. (ill post a build log soon)

Lunchmoney

Post by Lunchmoney » Mon May 18, 2020 8:59 pm

Hey I'm Louie, I'm a cook from the south and have no experience with anything electronic really, I saw wermys gbz and instantly wanted to build one but have no idea where to begin

schadenfreude

Post by schadenfreude » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:25 pm

Hi I'm Jenn. I have some experience with electronics and soldering and currently I'm working on a Mintypi Lite.

virtvic

Virtvic here!

Post by virtvic » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:53 pm

Hi there everyone!

I'm Virtvic, one of the hosts of the Ten Pence Arcade Podcast - a UK Arcade monthly podcast.

I'm a CNC 5 axis Miller by trade (very handy for making stuff :D )

I have made a ton of controllers lately, for Vectrex, BBC B, Atari 9 pin consoles / computers and others.
Check out victor.marland on Instagram for a range of my stuff...

I have dabbled in making emulator machines with screens, my fave so far is the Pico 8 *actual* machine
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGidNf2pJHM/

I'm pretty good with 3d printing (I have an Ender 3)
I'm pro with cnc stuff (It's my job)
I can follow instructions on making circuits etc, but no so hot with schematics and have no clue about how to make actual pcbs like so of you clever lot on here have

I'm looking forward to maybe making a bare metal emulation machine? I like things to boot immediately, like an original machine...

Mishal21

Post by Mishal21 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:08 am

Hello there, everyone. I've been looking around for a while, but since most of my parts have arrived, I figured I'd introduce myself before getting to work. I'm a new stay-at-home dad with a lot of spare time, so I figured I'd put some of it to good use on this project.