New members, introduce yourself!

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
crispy_tofu

New members, introduce yourself!

Post by crispy_tofu » Tue May 17, 2016 12:58 am

Forums usually have an introduction thread, so I thought I'd start one. :)

I'm a cube of crispy tofu, deepfried and seasoned with salt. I have a brother, stinky tofu, as well as a sister, silken tofu.
Just kidding. :D

I'm Chris, just a noob who's been dabbling around in electronics since the start of last year. I saw the article on the GBZ by @wermy on the Raspberry Pi blog, and was very interested in it, so here I am! Hopefully I can be a helpful member on this forum. :)

Fleder

Re: New members, introduce yourself!

Post by Fleder » Tue May 17, 2016 1:37 am

Well, time to get this started.

I am Fleder (Daniel) from Germany
and joined this forum a while ago as I saw the first video of wermy showing his GBZ.
I said to myself: "time to learn something new" as i have never soldered anything
or managed to buy a Raspberry Pi.

Well, here I am now, trying to help others while doing what I found out I am really into now.
Last edited by Fleder on Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Tue May 17, 2016 7:37 am

crispy_tofu wrote:I'm a cube of crispy tofu, deepfried and seasoned with salt. I have a brother, stinky tofu, as well as a sister, silken tofu.
Just kidding. :D
I thought your brother was crouton?! Ha.

Hey, my name is Jon. I'm an equivalent of a med student. I'm working on my doctorate as a nurse anesthetist, which is the same as an anesthesiologist. I don't actually usually liker people, so I chose a career where I can put the annoying ones to sleep.

I love these projects, I am always trying to find something new to work on and it drives my wife bonkers, but she secretly likes it beecause it keeps me out of trouble. I found wermy because I forgot to press pause on the autoplay feature on youtube. Lucky, huh?

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Tue May 17, 2016 8:18 am

Kilren wrote: I found wermy because I forgot to press pause on the autoplay feature on youtube. Lucky, huh?
Hah, that's funny. :D

My name's Warner. I'm a software developer at a digital agency, working on mostly iOS (iPhone and iPad) apps, with some .NET and web front-end here and there. Software is definitely my stronger suit, I've only really gotten into hardware in the last few years.

I posted the GBZ on Reddit as I have other projects in the past, thinking nothing of it -- I assumed I'd get some reddit karma and a few "attaboy"s out of it. Before I knew it it was blowing up and showing up on places like The Verge and Engadget. :shock:

And now here we are! :D It's so awesome to see the community forming around all this; everyone from those who have never touched a soldering iron before, to electrical engineers miles ahead of me.
ImageImageImageImage

Rod2D2

Post by Rod2D2 » Tue May 17, 2016 9:49 am

I'm Carlos

I'm in Real Estate but I always had an interest in electronics and gaming since I was a kid in the 80's. I used to fix my old NES and tv's when they were broken. I grew up playing all of the old game systems and I'm excited to relive them again. As a matter of fact I still have my original NES displayed in my living room. I'm pretty new to all of this but I'm having a great time learning from this community.

I found @Wermy a while back when I saw his MintyPi youtube video. I was blown away by his creativity. I would have never thought about doing something like that and never thought I could build my own. Once I saw the Gameboy Zero video and found out he was going to do a tutorial I was all in. Thanks to Wermy and everyone for all your help.

Topher

Post by Topher » Thu May 19, 2016 9:40 am

Hi all!

My name is Chris, I work in IT for a healthcare system in our area. Short of replacing various parts on computers, the hardware side is fairly new to me. I bought a Raspberry Pi 3 when they first came out, and set up a nice little media center, but I hadn't really thought of everything this little machine could do. I discovered @wermy when the Chive posted his Game Boy Zero video as a "lust item" and I have been obsessed ever since. I finally snagged myself a zero and I can't wait to get this project started.

80sRetro

Post by 80sRetro » Fri May 20, 2016 6:39 pm

Hello all,

My name is Chad. I am originally from California. Currently living in Colorado. I am a Network / Unix Admin. I have been tinkering with and modding electronics for quite some time. I have a pretty large collection of retro games and consoles.
I first heard about the Gameboy Zero when a friend asked me to build one for him. So hear I am. I am of course also building one for myself. :D

Tolek

Post by Tolek » Sat May 21, 2016 8:11 am

Hi, my name is Paweł (Paul). Last 9 years I was living in Ireland.
Hobby = modding electronics (PCs, Servers - QNAP, Netgear, and all other stuff).
I found that form by looking anything about cartridge mod to put more games on my old Game Boy (DMG-1) cartridge with SD Card ...
and the GB Zero ... yes ... I need that :D. Thank you for video tutorials. And now for buttons PCB :D (need wait for new order), maybe volume/speaker one ... and find Pi Zero in proper price ....

psych0nauts

Post by psych0nauts » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:59 pm

Well my name is psych0nauts (Alan). I live in the USA and have been in computers ever since I was a little kid. I figure out how to break things for a living (aka QA).

I found this site due to watching tons of YouTube videos one day and coming across the GBZ video. I was really intrigued since I have never soldering anything and think this would be a great project to get started with.

steelnation248

Post by steelnation248 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:31 am

Hey guys! My names Jake. I've been following the forum for a few weeks now. I'm pretty excited for the tutorials to finish up. Once all of my parts come in I'll start my project. I figured I'd do a GBZ to start then maybe move on to modifying a GBA or something else once I have a feel for how to get everything working.