New members, introduce yourself!

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
cobblepot

Re: New members, introduce yourself!

Post by cobblepot » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:42 pm

I'm new here. From the Netherlands, Europe. Ancient 80's child looking for some 80's nostalgia. From the Tubes found out about the Gameboy Zero and these boards.

Came here to find out how to build my first own GBZ, have no experience with soldering and baking pi's, other than I used to build my own PC's back in the early 00's from loose components.

Big Batman fan, love Prince's funky tunes, used to be a Van Damme fan and played with He-man, just like any other 80's kid.

JackReacher

Post by JackReacher » Fri May 11, 2018 1:13 am

Hi all
This is JackReacher from Rome, Italy.
I recentrly built a bartop and a retrogaming suitcase both running retropie from a raspberry pi3 b.

Next project will be a gbz. I have been reading a lot with the help of this forum. Needless to say that i still have a lot of questions I hope you guys will help me answer.

See you around!

jpe

Post by jpe » Wed May 16, 2018 12:03 pm

Hello everyone !
JPE from France. I'm new to all this, but I want my GBZ !!! :)
Some parts are mine, others are on their way. I'll read this forum a lot, but I may ask a few questions... ;)
See you !

snizzletoff

Post by snizzletoff » Wed May 16, 2018 2:39 pm

Hello all!

I lurked here for a bit when i came across the mintypi on youtube last year! I was able to score one of the boards helder recently sold and began the project! need to order one more thing then finish putting it together.
Thanks for all the information on this site and support!

DuaneDibbley

Post by DuaneDibbley » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:41 am

Hey everyone! I'm Phil from Australia. I don't really like playing old games but my wife loves them and I enjoy tinkering with electronics so I'm here to build a GBZ for her. It will also mean my purchase of the Pi ZW when it came out wasn't entirely for nothing as it's sat in a drawer since it came out :(

bucky720

Post by bucky720 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:40 pm

Hey guys. I'm Kyle from Virginia, USA. I'm a helicopter mechanic in the Navy for about 5 years now. And up until about 2 years ago was a tech neanderthal lol. I've been reading around the forum for a while now and for some reason I never signed up. I've actually built about 4 Gameboy Zeros now, and 1 failed Pocket build about 2 years ago. I'm currently building a HDMI GBZ, so I should probably start a thread haha :lol: as well as waiting for my PocketPi Fe boards to come in :D So, thank you to Wermy, all the people that engineer all the amazing PCBs and Batteries (Helder I love the Megabat 4.5) and everyone that unknowingly helped me out.
Test... Break... Repeat... :roll:

not_simple_si

Post by not_simple_si » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:27 pm

Hi Everyone! I'm Simon, and I'm from Edinburgh. Big fan of the work you guys have been doing on here. Love the projects. I even just pre-ordered a Circuit Sword Lite. Just trying to order a case mod as well. :) I'm a Product Designer, so could potentially help with some projects and have been thinking about a case re-design of the DMG. CAD, manufacturing, injection moulding and cnc... are all possible. An anodised DMG case? Look forward to chatting here more.

Si

Knaaksnuut

Post by Knaaksnuut » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:03 pm

Hello everyone. I'm Jurian from the Netherlands. I started on a Gameboy Zero project recently and I was using a guide from this website. I'm pretty new to modding and tinkering in general so I was looking for a place where I could ask questions when they came up. Thanks for all the help so far.

Dr_Diddler99

Post by Dr_Diddler99 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:37 pm

Hey everyone! I was looking for something to get into as a hobby/project and stumbled upon Wermy’s first mintipi video and was amazed by it. I’ve already had some experience with gaming PCs, and I can’t wait to start on this new adventure!😁 🤓

MintyJam

Post by MintyJam » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:29 am

Hello all of you!

My name is Jannes (17) and I'm from Holland. A year or so ago I saw a video of the first MintyPi, and I thought: "Wow, that's actually pretty amazing, to fit an entire emulator computer inside of a small mint tin." That was it. :? I liked the video, but never thought if it again... :| A month ago, I was scrolling trough some videos on YouTube (on an other account), and there it was: the first video about the MintyPi! :D I watched it again, liked it again, and directly subscribed to his YouTube account. I saw that Warner (wermy) had made some other versions, so I watched all of his MintyPi videos and all of his "updated parts" videos... I really got excited to see that a version 3 (or 3.0) is on it's way, especially the grey version with the SNES-like buttons. ;) I really want to buy that version (or at least the DIY kit), but I'm affraid my parents don't give in that easy... :cry: I hope I can talk over my parents, because I just have to get one myself! :D Anyways, I like it that the forum is growing so much, and really like all those excited people making and showing off his/her creation.
Small icon-sized "logos" you can use in textShow
mintyPi logo: Image = https://i.imgur.com/SiBgwZY.png
GB CM3 logo:Image= https://i.imgur.com/vDu1oBY.png
PS: Use it as pictures!Show

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.imgur.com/SiBgwZY.png[/img] (mintyPi)
[img]https://i.imgur.com/vDu1oBY.png[/img] (GB CM3)
Image Image
Smart and Creative