New members, introduce yourself!

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
4kb

Re: New members, introduce yourself!

Post by 4kb » Fri May 31, 2019 12:01 am

Hello,

I have been in the handheld scene for a long time (still have my old Tapwave Zodiacs and Gamepark handhelds... All got ruined due to an AC going out in our storage unit though) took a break and some time to grow up and found myself getting into this new scene which has developed. Long are the days of Palm OS devices sadly but RBPi stuff has it's appeal, I can't lie. Though I really enjoy handhelds for their limitations and original games, I've always been keen on emulation, actually it's what led me to fall in love with Neo Geo games in the first place.

Though these days I mostly just play boring puzzle games, I really enjoy tinkering with handhelds and old computers for their sound chips and graphic output. I may have been born in the early 90s but the demo scene and has always been fascinating so I eat that up all day.

So last year during my break helping sell the old family house, I found my old gameboy and instead of trying to find old Amigas I found myself buying a bunch of old gameboys and modding them. And from friends request, I got curious about Gameboy Zeros and found this place. Lately, on a whim, I got some Gaboze Pocaio 2 boards (all three are almost done!) and will probably be lurking for info and asking for help.

Hope to make some more devices in the future but for now I just want to finish these Gabozes and lurk. Seems to be a lot of information here to read through!

Cheers,
-4kb

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri May 31, 2019 2:15 am

Welcome, there are tons of info here so do alot of searching as it's likely here in a thread. Head to our Discord channel to chat live with the majority of our members and staff.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

ghostcafe

Post by ghostcafe » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:39 pm

Hi everyone!

I’ve been lurking for a bit, I bought a Circuit Sword from Kite last summer, but I’m only just now getting to work on truly building the thing. I haven’t posted at all but already through reading a lot of older posts I’ve learned a lot! I’ve also purchased a few parts from other members on here, like Helder’s battery and HoolyHoo’s screen bracket.

I have very little experience doing stuff like this. Last spring, I put together a little RetroPie console, and a couple months later I did a 101 screen swap into a original Game Boy Advance. I haven’t played with either one as much as I thought I would, but I’m super excited about this Circuit Sword build.

Looking forward to learning and doing more while I’m here!

Alexthatonedude

Post by Alexthatonedude » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:47 am

Hi I’m Alex that one dude, I’m new to electronics but always have fascinated since I first seen a mini diy computer I wish to excel and build my own mintypi, and this looks like a friendly community to gets some help and advice for beginners By someone who knows this field

Skulldoggery

Post by Skulldoggery » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:33 pm

Hiya! My name is TJ. I got into the software industry with a job doing video game QA, and now I'm a software engineer at a large company in California. I haven't done much with hardware or home electronics, aside from building myself a desktop computer from scratch last year, but that's about to change.

After I watched Wermy's Game Boy Zero build guide video, I knew right away that I wanted to make one myself. I have three other friends who are just as excited by the idea, so we're doing this as a group project. Thanks in advance to those who have contributed their expertise to this site; it's already been super helpful. Hoping to learn a lot more!

tinkerBOY

Post by tinkerBOY » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:34 pm

Welcome, everyone!
New! tinkerBOY PowerSwitch v1.0 with Safe Shutdown
Game Boy Zero Controllers available @ tinkerBOY.xyz * Support
tinkerBOY Controller v3.0 - built-in usb controller, usb audio, and usb hub
tinkerBOY Controller v2.0 - GPIO buttons and builtin PWM Audio and Amplifier
tinkerBOY Controller v1.1 - simple pcb button
* DPI Adapter - better display for GBZ
* keyboard converters - IBM XT/AT Soarer's Converter | ADB to USB Converter

Rbanev

Post by Rbanev » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:34 am

Hi all, I'm Mike from Frankfurt.
I enjoy hiking and gaming.
I am sick of getting the instant glues bonding with my skin so I decided to use the glue gun on my first plane that I am building. I had bought one some time ago, and had used it a couple of times for different things before. I tested it and it works great on depron. However the glue stick is almost past more than half of the feeder nozzle at the back. The gun is not able to feed the glue stick any more even though quite a bit (from the feeder nozzle to the tip) is still remaining. I guess that is normal?? But then I thought if I would insert another glue stick behind it it should start feeding the previous one. But that is not working. The other stick is not holding inside the nozzle and the previous one is not moving. I am not able to pull the previous one out as well. So I am stuck with an unusable glue gun.
Is my glue gun broke? Or I am doing something stupid??

LilTrublMakr

Post by LilTrublMakr » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:43 pm

Yeah, pretty normal for glue sticks. You can push the 2nd glue stick to move the first one. Some people will glue the 2nd one on when it is getting close to doing that. so the mechanism keeps pushing them both.

Konek

Post by Konek » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:30 pm

Hi everyone,

Signed up after discovered Helder's retroPSU on Youtube and purchased 2. Alway wanted to build a multipurpose portable hand held that can do everything but keep delaying it as lack of good battery charge/play board (75% done). This forum got so much informations make my head spin reading and now see so many features wanted to add don't think can finish anytime soon.

Cheers

GigaCat

Post by GigaCat » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:43 am

Hi!

I'm a tinkerer by nature, so when this new-fangled (at the time) "Raspberry Pi 3" caught my glance, I couldn't help but indulge. I then went on to learn about the Game Boy Zero approximately a year ago, but never quite pulled the trigger until last month. Now that I have, the itch is far too real, and now I want to put a Raspberry Pi in eeeeeeverything.

I'm definitely going to be around awhile, and you guys will see all my neat creations and failures. I genuinely enjoy reading up on others' projects, so I'm looking forward to you guys' works, too.