How do you store your original hardware?

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
winnetouch

How do you store your original hardware?

Post by winnetouch » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:13 am

This could be an interesting topic. I've seen some awesome stuff scattered around the internet and I decided to use one and upgrade it a bit :). I use old audio cassette cases to store my GB, GBC and GBA games. I'm thinking of doing something similar with my SNES games but use VHS tape cases. The problem with those is that they use up too much space. The cases are cheap to come by in thrift stores and flee markets. I got the storage case for free when I got the cassettes so it just adds that extra bit of charm to it :).

EDIT: you can get the templates I used here - http://thirdkoopa.blogspot.si/2014/10/h ... -into.html (they are in paint.net format. If anyone needs them in photoshop format give me a shout out and I'll post them)
And I got the idea here: http://nintendonews.com/features/game-b ... tte-cases/
cassette-cases.jpg
cassette-cases.jpg (580.19 KiB) Viewed 4431 times

atamagaokashii

Re: How do you store your original hardware?

Post by atamagaokashii » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:18 pm

That's pretty cool! I don't have enough of either smaller format games to warrant doing it for myself though, or I wouldn't have made my zero! ;-)

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:53 am

ooh I saw this ages ago on the /r/gameboy subreddit and ever since i've found it almost impossible to happen across tape cases in the usual cheap locations...
I even mentioned 3D printing inserts for the carts to sit in too...

winnetouch

Post by winnetouch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:09 am

abrugsch wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:53 am
ooh I saw this ages ago on the /r/gameboy subreddit and ever since i've found it almost impossible to happen across tape cases in the usual cheap locations...
I even mentioned 3D printing inserts for the carts to sit in too...
We have a used books store in my hometown that also has old tapes. I filled the tape box with the cases and some tapes and got them for like 5 bucks. I even found some factory sealed tapes in the bunch and got them as collector pieces (most of them were local artists but I also found a Queen and Aerosmith factory sealed tape :P)