Creating a ES theme - menu position

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
winnetouch

Creating a ES theme - menu position

Post by winnetouch » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:54 pm

Hy. Don't know if this is the right place to ask this. An Admin can move this to the right spot if it would be better somewhere else. When browsing I came across this post:

https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3667

It looks like this project was abandoned but I see some great potential in it. I'm trying to start something similar but I'm having problems finding out how to move the systems menu (the horizontal menu on the home screen) to the top or bottom of the screen. Does anyone have any pointers here? I've googled for hours and couldn't find anything.

VeteranGamer

Re: Creating a ES theme - menu position

Post by VeteranGamer » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:01 pm

winnetouch wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:54 pm
Hy. Don't know if this is the right place to ask this. An Admin can move this to the right spot if it would be better somewhere else. When browsing I came across this post:

https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3667

It looks like this project was abandoned but I see some great potential in it. I'm trying to start something similar but I'm having problems finding out how to move the systems menu (the horizontal menu on the home screen) to the top or bottom of the screen. Does anyone have any pointers here? I've googled for hours and couldn't find anything.

it depends on what theme your using as your base....

for example in Carbon

if you look at the individual system folders...

there is the theme XML document for that system....

open it using Notepad++
and you'll be presented with this....

from here you should be able to change the Position or the Size and so on...

in some other themes....
you may not have a XML document for each system....
the whole theme may be edited from just the main XML document....

(just using Carbon as an example)

NB: one tip... if you have emulation station installed on Windows, it can make viewing any edits quicker or easier...

winnetouch

Post by winnetouch » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:02 am

EDIT: Managed to get it working ;).

That changes the logo position on the individual system screens. I'm looking for a way to move the horizontal menu where you select the system :P. Underneath that menu is the number of games avaylable.

I'm trying to base it of the pixel theme. This is the section that defines the logo images at least.
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (30.97 KiB) Viewed 5022 times
But for the life of me I can't figure out how to position the logos to the top of the screen and remove the semi transparent background.

I also tried looking at the marioblue theme that has the carousel on top but I can't get it to work on the desktop version of ES:
https://github.com/garaine/es-theme-marioblue

solar

Post by solar » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:14 am

Got it, thanks!
Right now I need some relax. I'm a newcomer and there's nothing special about it. I just want to dragons pokie machine.