X360 Mod

Talk about anything and everything... Just be nice.
Kilren

X360 Mod

Post by Kilren » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:33 pm

I have an old X360 sitting around collecting dust and an extra 1TB HDD doing nothing. I was wondering if anyone had any experience modding these? I remember long ago that it was limited by hardware and which update you were on, but recent stuff is a little less stingy.

It's a phat console on the zephyr board w/ a liteon disk drive. I flashed the dvd long ago, but when I got a new pc a couple of years ago, I lost the ability to write most of the x360 games.

I was looking at the new rjtag and a couple other funky things, and just wanted to put feelers out for who has done it and who has what (stuff to loan, and knowledge to give).

wermy
Site Admin

Re: X360 Mod

Post by wermy » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:49 pm

Kilren wrote:I have an old X360 sitting around collecting dust and an extra 1TB HDD doing nothing. I was wondering if anyone had any experience modding these? I remember long ago that it was limited by hardware and which update you were on, but recent stuff is a little less stingy.

It's a phat console on the zephyr board w/ a liteon disk drive. I flashed the dvd long ago, but when I got a new pc a couple of years ago, I lost the ability to write most of the x360 games.

I was looking at the new rjtag and a couple other funky things, and just wanted to put feelers out for who has done it and who has what (stuff to loan, and knowledge to give).
I have a jtag'd 360. :) It's a 4GB arcade edition though - I believe mine is a "corona" revision. Also have flashed some drives back in the day.
ImageImageImageImage

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:51 pm

wermy wrote:
Kilren wrote:I have an old X360 sitting around collecting dust and an extra 1TB HDD doing nothing. I was wondering if anyone had any experience modding these? I remember long ago that it was limited by hardware and which update you were on, but recent stuff is a little less stingy.

I have a jtag'd 360. :) It's a 4GB arcade edition though - I believe mine is a "corona" revision. Also have flashed some drives back in the day.
Doesn't jtag require a really low update? I'm in the 17xxx region, sort of complicates the jtag

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:54 pm

Kilren wrote: Doesn't jtag require a really low update? I'm in the 17xxx region, sort of complicates the jtag
Honestly I don't remember. :\ Been a few years since I modded it.
ImageImageImageImage

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:58 pm

wermy wrote:Honestly I don't remember. :\ Been a few years since I modded it.
Yeah, quick research says that jtag is only good up to around 7k. There are newer methods that work, but I don't know what to get. Way to much information.

I tried using a Wasabi (for disk drive emulation) but that was a bust a couple of years ago. Since the 360 server days are numbered, I am looking around again.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:48 am

Get yourself a cheap TX Coolrunner on ebay for like $4 or less and get a NandX (be sure it has latest firmware) then get the software J-Runner which has a tutorial built in. Here is a guide
https://community.wemod.com/t/how-to-rg ... x-360/2812

I've done many of these along with flashing DVD drives years ago.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:55 am

Helder wrote:Get yourself a cheap TX Coolrunner on ebay for like $4 or less and get a NandX (be sure it has latest firmware) then get the software J-Runner which has a tutorial built in. Here is a guide
https://community.wemod.com/t/how-to-rg ... x-360/2812

I've done many of these along with flashing DVD drives years ago.
Will read this tonight!