[FOR SALE] microSD-to-Cartridge Breakout Boards aka 'kk_gb_zero' [WORLDWIDE]

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
BadBert

Re: [FOR SALE] microSD-to-Cartridge Breakout Boards aka 'kk_gb_zero' [WORLDWIDE]

Post by BadBert » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:55 am

Just checked your site and found them :P lol

but did not order.....

around $15 for the pcb and reader (assebled), ok, not cheap, but it saves me a lot of work (and maybe some frustration ;) )
but then on checkout:.... $14 shipping and handling....
thats a bit to steep for me, considering the costs of what i order :(

To bad there isn't someone in the EU that fabricates them. (maybe start a group buy, but only netherlands would work for that?)

so i'll be making my own as by Wermy's guide i guess :)
My first GBZ build -=HERE=- -> Became a gift to my little brother!
My 2nd GBZ build -=WIP HERE=- -> going with HDMI!

rob

Re: [FOR SALE] microSD-to-Cartridge Breakout Boards aka 'kk_gb_zero' [WORLDWIDE]

Post by rob » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:13 am

BadBert wrote:Just checked your site and found them :P lol

but did not order.....

around $15 for the pcb and reader (assebled), ok, not cheap, but it saves me a lot of work (and maybe some frustration ;) )
but then on checkout:.... $14 shipping and handling....
thats a bit to steep for me, considering the costs of what i order :(

To bad there isn't someone in the EU that fabricates them. (maybe start a group buy, but only netherlands would work for that?)

so i'll be making my own as by Wermy's guide i guess :)
Hi Bert,

I had the same issue, wanted to order one but the shipping is to high imo. I'm also from the Netherlands so maybe we can order together and split the shipping costs?

BadBert

Post by BadBert » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:18 am

[quote="rob"
Hi Bert,

I had the same issue, wanted to order one but the shipping is to high imo. I'm also from the Netherlands so maybe we can order together and split the shipping costs?[/quote]
Superb idea :D
we'll sort that out via PM then ;)
Any other dutchies here that want to participate? Please PM rob!

kitsch-bent

Post by kitsch-bent » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:57 am

unfortunately, i don't set the shipping costs this high. the postal service does this. since we use paypal for payments processing, we are required to do at least minimal tracking to get Seller's Protection, however, the main reason is that since the item is rigid we cannot send it the basic letter rate. when i try, the sorting facility rejects the packages and they come back to me. I have had a supervisor at my local postal office speak to me about this even. In a not-too-pleasant tone.

i would love for the shipping rates to be lower. if you know of a cheaper Package rate that has basic tracking, which costs less, of course let me know. i can't simply throw it in a letter. this is the cheapest method we can get to comply with the Protection PayPal uses. First Class International Package, i mean...

in other words: the value of an item doesn't determine the cost of a shipping rate. sending an empty mailer this rate would cost the same, the postal service sets the base rate for this method, and this method is the cheapest we can offer due to circumstances outside of my control (PayPal's Protection policy, and the fact it isn't a letter). But, I'm happy to be incorrect about this if anyone knows of a different method to use. First Class International Letter (the other traceable one that is cheaper) is not an option unless the item inside is pliable.
its full of Game Boy Zero stuff!!! -----> -----> -----> http://store.kitsch-bent.com

(^_^) *(^_^)* (^_^) >*(^_^)*< (^_^) *(^_^)* (^_^)

BadBert

Post by BadBert » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:19 am

I know about shippin...

But hey, we ddutchies are organizing a group buy :p lol
so we can split the shipping costs!

kitsch-bent

Post by kitsch-bent » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:20 am

BadBert wrote:I know about shippin...

But hey, we ddutchies are organizing a group buy :p lol
so we can split the shipping costs!
please do! its not an issue, i hope you all can sort something out :)

if it helps, i can internally bag item together in groups and write names on the bags.
its full of Game Boy Zero stuff!!! -----> -----> -----> http://store.kitsch-bent.com

(^_^) *(^_^)* (^_^) >*(^_^)*< (^_^) *(^_^)* (^_^)

BadBert

Post by BadBert » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:02 pm

Cool! We'll figure something out together!

Barbosik

Post by Barbosik » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:11 am

Hi Everyone ,

I have a problem with the SD card reader . The operating system does not want to start . If I use the SD slot of the Raspberry Pi loads the system , however highly normal.

I bent the rev.b board of kitsch .

The solder joints are as follows:

PP8 - VCC
PP18 - DAT2
PP19 - CS
PP15 - DATA_IN
PP14 - SCLK
PP16 - DATA_OUT
PP17 - DAT1
PP5 - GND

I have also been tested as PP6 GND . Result was the same .

What could I have done wrong ? Do you have tips ?

RetroGamingNow

Post by RetroGamingNow » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:35 pm

Prob another silly question but what is the difference in buying it with the decoupling capacitors vs without?

day

Post by day » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:52 am

RetroGamingNow wrote:Prob another silly question but what is the difference in buying it with the decoupling capacitors vs without?
not *really* required here but they would "help prevent power fluctuations and makes the reading/writing more stable (at least in theory)" (quoting IAmOrion). doesn't cost much to add them.

Got some questions as well :

1) the fully assembled (full front shells) comes with the cartridge shells, right ? (just checking)

2) while looking at the wiring picture here http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic. ... t=50#p8792 I was wondering if we would still need the "cartridge reader" part ?

3) rev c has same wiring as pictures from above link ? if not, can you please post the correct thing to wire once we get rev c ?

4) anyone in France or Luxembourg to group order ?

thanks !