[For Sale] GBZ All In One PCB (Pre Orders V2)Sold Out!

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
PotaTox

Re: [For Sale] GBZ All In One PCB (Pre Orders)

Post by PotaTox » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:10 am

Helder wrote:Little update on the Boards, I was supposed to authorize the go ahead but never got the email and therefore there will be a few days delay but the good thing is that I was able too update the board to fix the Analog Stick area so no grinding needed.
So, is this for the first batch, or the second batch?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:26 pm

PotaTox wrote:
Helder wrote:Little update on the Boards, I was supposed to authorize the go ahead but never got the email and therefore there will be a few days delay but the good thing is that I was able too update the board to fix the Analog Stick area so no grinding needed.
So, is this for the first batch, or the second batch?
This is for the coming batches, the first batch (shipping them daily this week) and your board you need to grind unless you get a smaller speaker like a DS speaker.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:16 pm

Nice to see a tracking number after being patient for so long. Thanks, Helder! I have dedicated my weekend to GBZ building (apart from seeing Bourne :D)

Hopefully I can get it all wired up and I'll post some pics for people to see. Happy building guys!

PotaTox

Post by PotaTox » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:22 pm

Thanks Helder! The board just came in, plus an additional headphone and USB jack :D . However, I would like to ask, is the "USB from Pi Zero" an output, or something left over from the design of the one with the hub in it? Also, can I use it without a Potentiometer?

Flowlance

Post by Flowlance » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:30 pm

jermzz wrote:Nice to see a tracking number after being patient for so long. Thanks, Helder! I have dedicated my weekend to GBZ building (apart from seeing Bourne :D)

Hopefully I can get it all wired up and I'll post some pics for people to see. Happy building guys!
You got a tracking number? I haven't gotten one yet. Did you get it emailed?

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:12 pm

Flowlance wrote:
jermzz wrote:Nice to see a tracking number after being patient for so long. Thanks, Helder! I have dedicated my weekend to GBZ building (apart from seeing Bourne :D)

Yeah. But I've been waiting over a month. I was in line for the original audio board that was flawed. He never shipped mine because of it and I've been waiting ever since - which is fine. I'm in no hurry. But I think he's shipping them all week, so I wouldn't worry if your still waiting.

hueblo

Post by hueblo » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:24 pm

jermzz wrote:
Flowlance wrote:

Yeah. But I've been waiting over a month. I was in line for the original audio board that was flawed. He never shipped mine because of it and I've been waiting ever since - which is fine. I'm in no hurry. But I think he's shipping them all week, so I wouldn't worry if your still waiting.

I also ordered an audio board an upgraded to an All in one, he just shipped mine. Patience everyone soon we will have what we need and the Jedi will fall once again.

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:25 pm

PotaTox wrote:Thanks Helder! The board just came in, plus an additional headphone and USB jack :D . However, I would like to ask, is the "USB from Pi Zero" an output, or something left over from the design of the one with the hub in it? Also, can I use it without a Potentiometer?

The pi zero only supports one usb out. So you must connect from the pi (pp22, and pp23 plus 5v and ground) to the "usb from pi zero" port, which is input for the us. Hub. If you don't, the Atmega chip won't work, and you'll get no extra USB ports.

As for the potentiometer, you don't "need" it, but it helps a lot. In the emulation station main screen, if you hit start, you'll see sound options that will allow you to adjust the volume manually. But once you're in game, it's stuck on whatever volume you are set to, unless you either quit back to the main menu, or have your potentiometer working properly.

jeffy1021

Post by jeffy1021 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:46 pm

One could also connect 5v and gnd directly to "power strip" vs the pi0

PotaTox

Post by PotaTox » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:02 pm

jermzz wrote:The pi zero only supports one usb out. So you must connect from the pi (pp22, and pp23 plus 5v and ground) to the "usb from pi zero" port, which is input for the us. Hub. If you don't, the Atmega chip won't work, and you'll get no extra USB ports.
Thanks for the reply, but I bought the one without the hub.

Now, after working with it a little bit, I have another question: Do I provide power through the vcc and gnd under "ISP"?

Also, unrelated to this board, I don't seem to be able to get the GPIO pins to output sound. Can someone maybe put a modified and confirmed working config.txt file on pastebin or something?