[SHIPPED] PRS-TECH Micro SD Cart board with Advanced Filtering

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Post Reply
prerunnerseth
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 5:36 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 229 times

[SHIPPED] PRS-TECH Micro SD Cart board with Advanced Filtering

Post by prerunnerseth » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:25 am

Ok Folks, Seems there is a lot of interest in ordering these again. I will do things a little different this time. I will keep the pre-order open for 2 weeks from today (August 9th) and will get as many ordered as possible and will order an amount based on how many are bought. This means it will take 3-4 weeks to get your boards. you can always run your GBZ on the Pi zero card slot until you get it. I feel like they are worth the wait. We will need a minimum of 15 preorders in the two weeks to order a batch. If we don't meet that number I will refund everyone's money.

Since I've already placed an order for 100 of these, I'll keep this open until i reach 95. I want to have a few spares. Then Ill work on another batch

Ordered: 95

Sold out for this Batch look for preorder 3.0 thread
Last edited by prerunnerseth on Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:34 am, edited 27 times in total.

User avatar
Ganreizu
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 8:20 am
Has thanked: 168 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: [PRE-ORDER 2.0] PRS-TECH Micro SD Cart board with Advanced Filtering

Post by Ganreizu » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:33 am

Thank you for 2 week grace. I needed some time to find out if i need 2 more boards.

gizmo
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 3:06 am
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: [PRE-ORDER 2.0] PRS-TECH Micro SD Cart board with Advanced Filtering

Post by gizmo » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:34 am

Yay, pre-ordered! I was browsing the forum at exactly the right time for once! :)

larsen2011
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:37 am
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: [PRE-ORDER 2.0] PRS-TECH Micro SD Cart board with Advanced Filtering

Post by larsen2011 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:13 am

Ordered 2, Thank you!

User avatar
KrxXxiT
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:13 am
Location: Croatia
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: [PRE-ORDER 2.0] PRS-TECH Micro SD Cart board with Advanced Filtering

Post by KrxXxiT » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:18 pm

I ordered 1, thanks.

User avatar
a3k4
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: [PRE-ORDER 2.0] PRS-TECH Micro SD Cart board with Advanced Filtering

Post by a3k4 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:51 pm

What are the differences between this board and @kitsch-bent's MicroSD cartridge board? The kk_gb_zero_b2 for $15.50.
My wiring diagrams and schematics for Helder's boards and graceful shutdowns.

User avatar
UrbanDROID
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:48 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: [PRE-ORDER 2.0] PRS-TECH Micro SD Cart board with Advanced Filtering

Post by UrbanDROID » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:05 pm

Any pictures of the layout of the board? Is the micro sd card slot on the edge of the card or in the center? top or side?

User avatar
kitsch-bent
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 4:15 pm
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: [PRE-ORDER 2.0] PRS-TECH Micro SD Cart board with Advanced Filtering

Post by kitsch-bent » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:05 pm

a3k4 wrote:What are the differences between this board and @kitsch-bent's MicroSD cartridge board? The kk_gb_zero_b2 for $15.50.
this one requires some extra filtering because (at least from my understanding) the pins chosen on the edge connector inside the console instroduced some sort of issue in reading/writing to the microSD card. there was some sort of interference which was occurring, but i'm not sure exactly the reason. hence, there was a redesign/fix (i.e., filtering).

apart from that, there may be other differences like orientation of the SD socket or some such.... can't tell without a pic or details. only in regards to the need for filtering to avoid the conflict that was happening with the edge connector (which, to my understanding, the edge connector still needs to be removed so I'm unsure whats going on, tbh)...

perhaps OP can fill in on what the conflict is with the original console's board... i dunno, other than it needed some corrective measure to be taken.
its full of Game Boy Zero stuff!!! -----> -----> -----> http://store.kitsch-bent.com

(^_^) *(^_^)* (^_^) >*(^_^)*< (^_^) *(^_^)* (^_^)

Image

prerunnerseth
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 5:36 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 229 times

Re: [PRE-ORDER 2.0] PRS-TECH Micro SD Cart board with Advanced Filtering

Post by prerunnerseth » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:23 pm

kitsch-bent wrote:
a3k4 wrote:What are the differences between this board and @kitsch-bent's MicroSD cartridge board? The kk_gb_zero_b2 for $15.50.
this one requires some extra filtering because (at least from my understanding) the pins chosen on the edge connector inside the console instroduced some sort of issue in reading/writing to the microSD card. there was some sort of interference which was occurring, but i'm not sure exactly the reason. hence, there was a redesign/fix (i.e., filtering).

apart from that, there may be other differences like orientation of the SD socket or some such.... can't tell without a pic or details. only in regards to the need for filtering to avoid the conflict that was happening with the edge connector (which, to my understanding, the edge connector still needs to be removed so I'm unsure whats going on, tbh)...

perhaps OP can fill in on what the conflict is with the original console's board... i dunno, other than it needed some corrective measure to be taken.
There was nothing wrong with the board or the layout. The extra filtering eliminates the need to do the wiring perfect and or find a SD card that works with it. Pretty much everything works as long as there arent any shorts or opens If it was simply the layout I would have changed the layout instead of adding a bunch of extra components.

Please stay out of my thread talking about my product when you don't understand it.
Last edited by prerunnerseth on Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
a3k4
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: [PRE-ORDER 2.0] PRS-TECH Micro SD Cart board with Advanced Filtering

Post by a3k4 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:33 pm

prerunnerseth wrote:
kitsch-bent wrote:
a3k4 wrote:What are the differences between this board and @kitsch-bent's MicroSD cartridge board? The kk_gb_zero_b2 for $15.50.
this one requires some extra filtering because (at least from my understanding) the pins chosen on the edge connector inside the console instroduced some sort of issue in reading/writing to the microSD card. there was some sort of interference which was occurring, but i'm not sure exactly the reason. hence, there was a redesign/fix (i.e., filtering).

apart from that, there may be other differences like orientation of the SD socket or some such.... can't tell without a pic or details. only in regards to the need for filtering to avoid the conflict that was happening with the edge connector (which, to my understanding, the edge connector still needs to be removed so I'm unsure whats going on, tbh)...

perhaps OP can fill in on what the conflict is with the original console's board... i dunno, other than it needed some corrective measure to be taken.
There was nothing wrong with the board or the layout. The extra filtering eliminates the need to do the wiring perfect and or find a SD card that works with it. Pretty much everything works as long as there arent any shorts or opens If it was simply the layout I would have changed the layout instead of addiNguyen a bunch of extra components.

Please stay out of my thread talking about my product when you don't understand it.

So sorry, didn't mean to cause conflict here! So @prerunnerseth this is a good solution for people like myself who likely won't do the soldering perfectly? Do you mind sharing a couple photos?
My wiring diagrams and schematics for Helder's boards and graceful shutdowns.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest