[SOLD OUT] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Box

Re: [Pre-Orders for batch 3 OPEN] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border

Post by Box » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:46 pm

Got mine in the mail today.

Here is it on a case from AliExpress and my original Gameboy "13NT" case, as well as a picture of my original's internals in another AliExpress case.
SpoilerShow
20170603_181707.jpg
20170603_181707.jpg (4.28 MiB) Viewed 9056 times
20170603_182644.jpg
20170603_182644.jpg (5.1 MiB) Viewed 9056 times
As you can see, there is a slight gap, but it's not bad at all.

Thanks again Day!

Billy Blaze

Post by Billy Blaze » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:38 am

hey @day,

thanks for all the hard work you did to provide such a neat opportunity to the community. the gorilla glass screen looks and feels splendid. very delicious! I'm absolutely satisfied with the product.
of course there is a gap, but I was expecting it since it was disclaimed all along.
I'm using a Chinese aftermarket case:Show
because it was mentioned before, has anybody any experience with using some color matching silicone to fill in the edge around the border? I'd be very interested in such a solution. brief reports are very appreciated!

SuperNova

Post by SuperNova » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:23 am

Hey, do you think you will do another batch of these eventually? They look great!

atamagaokashii

Post by atamagaokashii » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:30 pm

Billy Blaze wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:38 am
hey @day,

thanks for all the hard work you did to provide such a neat opportunity to the community. the gorilla glass screen looks and feels splendid. very delicious! I'm absolutely satisfied with the product.
of course there is a gap, but I was expecting it since it was disclaimed all along.
I'm using a Chinese aftermarket case:Show
because it was mentioned before, has anybody any experience with using some color matching silicone to fill in the edge around the border? I'd be very interested in such a solution. brief reports are very appreciated!
What rom are you playing in the pics?

Glyph

Post by Glyph » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:07 pm

Hello guys

First of all, I wanted to apologize if my last words may have hurt Day or someone else in this forum.
I might have react a bit too fast while I thought, from my own gameboy experience, that all original DMG case were strictly identical. This, and another worst story with another different project I have, happening at the same time, made me have some bad thoughts and words.
I am sorry Day, I can't imagine how hard it was to achive all you've done for the community, and I don't want to put you in troubles.
As I said, the glass is pretty cool and it will put a very nice finish to our build, because of you Day, so thank you very much.

I think of painting the bottom and maybe the edges of the gap in black, to kinda fade the gab in black ! I don't plan to fill it, as I am affraid to have a messy result. But to avoid the dust to stuck in it, maybe a 3D print can do the job, but it can be complicated.
I look forward to see some result and inspiration here !
Here is my glass in a centered position with the case I plan to use :
Attachments
20170604_214903.jpg
20170604_214903.jpg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 8974 times

SunWolf

Post by SunWolf » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:51 pm

If anyone is still unhappy with their Gorilla Glass send me a PM. I'd like to buy two or three.

devsfan1830

Post by devsfan1830 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:57 pm

Man the "gap" complaints seem totally unfair. Like others said he clearly warned of potential size variations. Im still waiting for mine (Virginia, USA) but looking at the photos thats a totally reasonable gap. I ordered mine knowing full well it may not ve exact. A 1mm gap around the edges is not enough to throw a fit over. Using PayPal's dispute system to rip money out of his pocket when he sold these basically at cost is cruel if not borderline fraudulent. The worst issue i see is if you are fitting this to a case you already cut the window out on. Well then, tough! They're a dime a dozen on eBay. Get another case and make a new cut. Easy as that. It's this kind of crap that ruins it for everyone else. The guy offers a service that few would even attempt to offer and you blow up at him when it's not within .0000001 of your specific aftermarket case? Shame.

Edit: As a matter of fact I was poking around the forums and saw this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2158

Seems hes using someone else's glass plain glass and made his own vinyl border instead of Day's screen printed version. Check the edges. Gaps! So clearly its not his fault, but either a matter of variations in cases OR perhaps glass is far harder to make it exact. Perhaps its cut hot and shrinks a bit when cooled? To get a perfect fit would be costly iteration which I'm sure Day wanted to avoid to make this stuff remotely affordable. So again. Be glad he did this at all.
Last edited by devsfan1830 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

atamagaokashii

Post by atamagaokashii » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:05 am

Just got mine (Ca, USA) and it looks awesome! Just need Dex's battery and I an start my gbz! Thanks Day!

FireFoxGR

Post by FireFoxGR » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:30 am

SuperNova wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:23 am
Hey, do you think you will do another batch of these eventually? They look great!
+1 Here. I think a lot of people would be in for another batch!

@day, please do consider it, disclaimers are there for people to read them!

Billy Blaze

Post by Billy Blaze » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:00 am

atamagaokashii wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:30 pm
Billy Blaze wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:38 am
previous messageShow
hey @day,

I'm using a Chinese aftermarket case:Image

What rom are you playing in the pics?

It's a Super Mario World rom hack by Yashum called Call of Cthulhu. check this video footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PT7RyFzIxo

As I'm a game modder myself I'm pretty interested in fan-made creations like this. and there are a bunch of superb and unique rom hacks, mods and homebrewed games out there. if you're interested make sure to visit my thread where I recommend a couple of notable fanmade games which run perfectly on the GBZ: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3188&p