[SOLD OUT] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
AustenFM

Re: [Pre-Order] 1mm Gorilla Glass with Silkscreen border

Post by AustenFM » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:22 am

Hey Day! Completely understand where you're coming from, and didn't intend to imply you change the design you already had in place. Just wanted to put my two cents in for possibilities in the future~ You should definitely stick with 'game boy zero' this first batch as I agree it'd hit a wider audience and should guarantee a successful preorder.

Quick question regarding the silk screened image. Will it be screened on the front of the glass(outside, exposed to the world) or will it be screened in reverse on the underside of the glass, similar to how Dominator fixed his screen surrounds? Thanks!

day

Post by day » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:29 am

AustenFM wrote:Hey Day! Completely understand where you're coming from, and didn't intend to imply you change the design you already had in place. Just wanted to put my two cents in for possibilities in the future~ You should definitely stick with 'game boy zero' this first batch as I agree it'd hit a wider audience and should guarantee a successful preorder.

Quick question regarding the silk screened image. Will it be screened on the front of the glass(outside, exposed to the world) or will it be screened in reverse on the underside of the glass, similar to how Dominator fixed his screen surrounds? Thanks!
yeah no worries at all @AustenFM :) this is exactly the purpose of the thread, get ideas for next batches and try to answer questions that everyone might have in mind ! loved your proposition and would love to get to a batch 2 of course.

About the silkscreen, very good question, I am planning on having it on the 'inside', i.e. the side closest to the screen, i.e. similar to how dominator fixed his surrounds. I think the effect will be better AND that it will be more resistant. So yes it will be screened in reverse on the underside.

uke

Post by uke » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:55 pm

Ordered!

@day I am wondering if you could put a lower customs price in the envelope or something, to lower the chances of the item being delayed. I'm from ArgentinA. Can you do that? 5usd is fine.

Zach

Post by Zach » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:02 pm

Hey Day,

Will you let us know when you think you'll get close to the 100 order minimum? I'd like to order one but I'm still looking elsewhere so I don't want to order yet in case I end up with 2 of them. Thanks :)

Zach

day

Post by day » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:45 pm

uke wrote:Ordered!

@day I am wondering if you could put a lower customs price in the envelope or something, to lower the chances of the item being delayed. I'm from ArgentinA. Can you do that? 5usd is fine.
There should not be any price displayed on the envelope, it should look just like I am sending you a letter :)
Zach wrote: Will you let us know when you think you'll get close to the 100 order minimum? I'd like to order one but I'm still looking elsewhere so I don't want to order yet in case I end up with 2 of them. Thanks
Yes of course, i'll provide updates.

Fleppensteijn

Post by Fleppensteijn » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:53 am

Just placed an order, it looks so awesome! Let us know when you think it will go to production.

Camble

Post by Camble » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:25 am

day wrote:There should not be any price displayed on the envelope, it should look just like I am sending you a letter :)
You will probably have to fill in a customs declaration slip for each international package, which details the quantity, contents, and value. If you send as a gift and keep the value quite low, the recipient won't incur a charge. I think most countries have a set value, above which they charge import duty on.

Dr. Tortenkopf

Post by Dr. Tortenkopf » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:39 am

Ordered as well.

Regarding customs: You should also be fine if you declare it as a product sample. Which it is.
29$ should be below customs pretty much anywhere. I wouldn't worry too much about that. At least to the EU.
But things might be different in Argentina.

day

Post by day » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:53 pm

yes I will check with my post office, but I am almost sure I will be able to send the package without any custom declarations, simply as if I am sending a post card to you guys.

at the moment we reached a bit more than 20%, it is coming smoothly ! glad to see that ! I really hope we can get to min order quantity soon, the factory is only waiting for my go :)
I really thank you for your trust and on top of that I thank the first ones for their patience !

I'll continue to post updates as much as I can and if you have any further questions, please let me know !
Last edited by day on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SidSilver

Post by SidSilver » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:34 pm

I'll buy one for sure, if i do a 2nd GBZ.
For now, I don't have money to spend :lol: