[FOR SALE] Game Boy Zero Screen Frame

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
alcore23

[FOR SALE] Game Boy Zero Screen Frame

Post by alcore23 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:47 pm

This is a frame for the screen that I designed to use on my personal Game Boy Zero project based on the project by sudomod, I added support for the extra two buttons and It will be a platform for other two layers that will hold up the raspberry pi zero and the powerboost board. I recommend to use epoxy to have a clean and strong adhesion.

PRINTED PART SHIPPED ON PRIORITY MAIL VIA USPS
eBay

STL FILE TO PRINT ON YOUR OWN VIA PINSHAPE
PinShape

Pictures:
Attachments
IMG_0825.JPG
IMG_0825.JPG (1.44 MiB) Viewed 11090 times
IMG_0833.JPG
IMG_0833.JPG (2.04 MiB) Viewed 11090 times
IMG_0834.JPG
IMG_0834.JPG (2.02 MiB) Viewed 11090 times
IMG_0835.JPG
IMG_0835.JPG (2.07 MiB) Viewed 11090 times
IMG_0836.JPG
IMG_0836.JPG (2.23 MiB) Viewed 11090 times
Last edited by alcore23 on Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

jonlimitless

Re: [FOR SALE] Game Boy Zero Screen Frame

Post by jonlimitless » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:17 pm

alcore23 wrote:This is a frame for the screen that I designed to use on my personal Game Boy Zero project based on the project by sudomod, I added support for the extra two buttons and It will be a platform for other two layers that will hold up the raspberry pi zero and the powerboost board. I recommend to use epoxy to have a clean and strong adhesion.

PRINTED PART SHIPPED ON PRIORITY MAIL VIA USPS
COMING SOON

STL FILE TO PRINT ON YOUR OWN VIA PINSHAPE
PinShape

Pictures:

I got a question, have you thought about multiple break out for different sizes on screens. Some of these back up camera tend to sometimes be bulky on the side or even the top and bottom. Maybe a way to do sized break outs on height adjustments could be a general thought? Another comes to mind on building a simple way to build a bridge across the top so the screen's board and screen are touching while in the Game Boy? I really like the idea and would love to see more structures pressure fitting parts together instead of common ideas on 1 big board to rule them all.

alcore23

Post by alcore23 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:01 pm

I got a question, have you thought about multiple break out for different sizes on screens. Some of these back up camera tend to sometimes be bulky on the side or even the top and bottom. Maybe a way to do sized break outs on height adjustments could be a general thought? Another comes to mind on building a simple way to build a bridge across the top so the screen's board and screen are touching while in the Game Boy? I really like the idea and would love to see more structures pressure fitting parts together instead of common ideas on 1 big board to rule them all.
Those are great ideas and definitely something that I may try to do in the near future. When I designed this frame I did it around the parts I already had and I wanted an all around frame that would also provide more area of structure for additional layers and the pats for the case screws.

Maybe eventually as more people produce reviews on my design I will be able to modify it and make of more general use.

clayborne

Post by clayborne » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:06 pm

Any time frame on when you will be making these available?

alcore23

Post by alcore23 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:49 am

clayborne wrote:Any time frame on when you will be making these available?
I have already started printing a few frames. I want to have at least ten available before I put the link out, just because I would want the person that buys it to get it shipped as quick as possible (just like I would want to if I was the buyer). I believe by Monday I should be putting them up for sale.

On the other hand I haven't been able to figure out how to use PayPal to make the transaction directly through them (like I have seen other people do on the sudomarket) so I think that I will use eBay.

Thanks for your patience and support.

alcore23

Post by alcore23 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:50 am

clayborne wrote:Any time frame on when you will be making these available?
Post updated with link to eBay. Thank you

scbailey94

Post by scbailey94 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:03 pm

Hi would anyone in the UK with a 3D printer be able to print one of these for me? Let me know cost etc and I can send you the money via PayPal or something :) cheers!
Check out my Instagram www.instagram.com/sb.retromods/ to see more of my Game Boy Zero builds :D

clayborne

Post by clayborne » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:58 pm

Hoped you would be selling top half that holds the shell together with it as well. After seeing your build and hearing you would be offering them up I got pretty stoked as your build looks really clean so far. I could see paying 12 bucks for both halves, but will have to sleep on paying that for just for just the frame.

jonlimitless

Post by jonlimitless » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:10 am

@alcore23 If you make any progress make sure to notify me, I buy at least 1 of every part the forums to help support peoples. I'd love to see what else you can come up with to help the community.

djbriane

Post by djbriane » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:29 am

So I downloaded the STL files and printed them - they fit great in the original DMG case!

However, a word of caution to anyone with one of the aftermarket cases (like the black one from Wermy's custom build). It seems the inner dimensions of those cases are slightly narrower than the original case which makes this part too wide to fit properly (I dont have a caliper so I can't get a precise difference but seems to be around 1/2 mm narrower).

Since my 3d modeling skills are pretty limited (and I don't have a printer myself - had to use 3dhubs.com) I'm planning to modify the bracket with some sandpaper / dremel but thought I'd give a heads up to anyone considering this for their project.

Also, I'd recommend printing the bracket at something like 100 microns, I had mine printed at 200 microns and it's a bit flimsy in the controller bracket area (I think it should still work but it doesn't look as robust as the photos here).

Brian