[Sold Out] Safe Shutdown v1.0 for BangGood/GearBest/Generic power Supply

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
VeteranGamer

Re: [Pre-Order] Safe Shutdown v1.0 for BangGood/GearBest/Generic power Supply

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:59 pm

penguinsfan16 wrote:I mean im def. interested and id be looking to buy 3 of them... but the price has me scared of some right now to be honest.

but look at the difference in cost compared to a adafruit alternative (powerboost + safe shutdown) the cost isnt that bad considering it makes shutdowns seem factory (just a flick of the switch) and you have a better chance of preserving your SD card

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:06 pm

RobbsyB wrote:
VeteranGamer wrote: the difference between the 2 is the obvious one looks great and the other looks like a 2euro frankenstein ...
Just wondering why a breadboard solution has to look like frankenstein?
VeteranGamer wrote: plus not everyone ones to start making parts and just want to install and go
Get the SAIO board then.

compared to these boards the breadboard will always look like a frankenstein....

when youve done your 2euro job, share and enlighten us, im open to changing my opinion...
until then it sound frankenstein to me (blobs of solder, roughly cut breadboard, wonky chips) but that me... beautys in the eye of the beholder

ive pre ordered this board for a reason, but thanks for SAIO suggestion, but i bet you've made a way cheaper alternative with your trusted breadboard.

RobbsyB

Post by RobbsyB » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:35 pm

VeteranGamer wrote: blobs of solder and wonky chips
:D
Cambles marketing dept has everything under control here. Go for it!

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:47 pm

RobbsyB wrote:
VeteranGamer wrote: blobs of solder and wonky chips
:D
Cambles marketing dept has everything under control here. Go for it!

look i've ordered it, so im already sold on the product....

i dont see you proving me wrong on the frankenstein theory...

also its really poor to come on someone sales thread and have a go at the pricing, coming up with alternatives or talking about reverse engineering, if your ok with price order it.... if not or make your own altenative and if you wanna share it fine if not keep it to yourself

this thread is for people to order the product

the more people that order it.... the quicker i might get hold of mine

RobbsyB

Post by RobbsyB » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:04 pm

Ok. One last response.
VeteranGamer wrote:its really poor to come on someone sales thread and have a go at the pricing
Maybe you did not read his post, but Camble was asking on peoples general opinion / reason for lack of interest.

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:24 pm

RobbsyB wrote:Ok. One last response.
VeteranGamer wrote:its really poor to come on someone sales thread and have a go at the pricing
Maybe you did not read his post, but Camble was asking on peoples general opinion / reason for lack of interest.

this should closes the matter....

" Is there a lack of interest, or would people prefer if I had stock before commiting to buy?"

at no point does it say throw your two pence or two cents or in your case 2euro about the pricing and how cheaper a frankensteined version would be....

its whether there is interest in the product and it being on pre order or are people waiting for him to have stock of it before making a decision...

now you can commit on if your interested or not, but this isnt the thread to start talking about alternatives or if hes asking for the wrong amount considering the other option....

it shows alot that the time youve been on this forum the first thing you post is having a go at a products pricing in the products pre order thread

thanks for the opinion.... looking forward to seeing your safe shutdown

Camble

Post by Camble » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:20 am

Thanks for the replies. I do appreciate the comments on price. When I first started producing these boards, I carefully considered price. I have a tendency to under-estimate on price, so had to consider what people would consider reasonable while still being able to cover part and assembly costs.

This version has more expensive components to get round the lack of enable pin on the generic power supplies, and to make it worth while, I need to have quite a few assembled. There's not much else I can do to keep costs down. Supplying the boards without switches wouldn't make much difference, and I'd rather people didn't have to source such an essential part.

I'll be going ahead with the order at the end of the month whether I get enough pre-orders or not, so should have some extra boards, but it's difficult to judge how much demand there will be. I guessed more people would have generic power supplies because they were cheaper than the PowerBoost, but now I'm not so sure.

RxBrad

Post by RxBrad » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:49 am

Ordered one last night. Any chance I can get it with the switch not soldered on? I'm actually planning to use it in a Gameboy Advance shell.

Thanks!
Image Image

Camble

Post by Camble » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:19 pm

Update: The order process has been started! I'll update as the boards are being assembled. Anyone can still place an order for now.