[Sold Out] Safe Shutdown v1.0 for BangGood/GearBest/Generic power Supply

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
DrMeet

Re: [For Sale] Safe Shutdown v1.0 for BangGood/GearBest/Generic power Supply

Post by DrMeet » Sat May 05, 2018 6:23 am

Hi guys,

when I start the script (python ~/Safe-Power-Monitor/safe_power_monitor.py) the following error appears, with and without "sudo". anyone have an idea?

thank you very much!

EDIT - SOLVED-: I use another retropie image...and it works fine.
Attachments
version.png
version.png (12.33 KiB) Viewed 9736 times
Safe-Power-Monitor.png
Safe-Power-Monitor.png (22.89 KiB) Viewed 9736 times
My first build: Black "beauty" - RPI3B

DrMeet

Post by DrMeet » Sun May 06, 2018 9:48 am

Merlin wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:21 am
I received my Safe Shutdown board,I installed the script and it works.
I haven't changed anything in the script,I only setted "AdafruitPowerBoost = False"
But I have an issue!
I don't understand why I can't see the low battery alert and/or countdown for shutdown.
Everytime when battery goes low,I don't notice it and then system slows down fearfully!
I looked in the forum but I didn't fint an answer!
I think it's the same issue reported from Vamuss in the previous page.
Any help?
Hey Merlin,

have you found a solution? I have the same problem! See my build in the signatur for details...
My first build: Black "beauty" - RPI3B

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Sun May 06, 2018 12:25 pm

There isn't a solution at the moment (besides disabling the battery monitoring from the script).
I think camble is working to fix the script but I have not tried the 1.0.2 yet.

onixid

Post by onixid » Mon May 07, 2018 1:31 pm

You can issue this command and see if it fixes the error:

Code: Select all

$ sudo touch /root/Safe-Power-Monitor/log.txt

crto

Post by crto » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:38 pm

Hey guys, new here. Very excited about my first GBZ build.

I have a question about the wiring of the Safe shutdown board (generic type board). I understand the wiring at the beginning of this post, looks pretty simple to me.

My question is how to integrate tinkerBOYs Game Boy Controller v2.1 board into this wiring.
In his wiring guide it says that the PowerBoost (from Adafruit in that case) is connected to the 5v and GND at the bottom part of the right board "wing". If I understand correctly the safe shutdown wiring, I don't need to do these connections. I only have to connect the GPIO pins from RPi to my GB Controller v2.2 and that's it. All the power management wiring is taken care in the safe shutdown wiring diagram. GB Controller get's the power through the 5v and GND connection to the RPi.

One more quick question. I do need to connect the Pro Micro on my GB Controller to my RPi with a micro usb cable right (here's the wiring diagram)?

Anyways thanks for the answers, I'm super excited about my GBZ, can't wait to receive all the parts and finally put it together.

Also a HUGE thanks to everybody that put so much effort in the GBZ - this is really an amazing community here.

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:32 pm

On Safe shutdown board, square pins are 5V output (labeled PP1 and PP6). You can connect those pins on the controller board (and then to rpi) or on the rpi (and then to the controller board),is the same.
About pro micro, I think that micro usb connector is for simplify wiring.
However in case you need an external usb port for your gbz, then you need a usb hub because rpi has only one usb port and this port will be used by pro micro.
Good luck with your build.

crto

Post by crto » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:50 am

Merlin wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:32 pm
On Safe shutdown board, square pins are 5V output (labeled PP1 and PP6). You can connect those pins on the controller board (and then to rpi) or on the rpi (and then to the controller board),is the same.
About pro micro, I think that micro usb connector is for simplify wiring.
However in case you need an external usb port for your gbz, then you need a usb hub because rpi has only one usb port and this port will be used by pro micro.
Good luck with your build.
Thank you for your reply Merlin. I think I understand what you mean.
Would you verify the attached wiring, if everything is ok? It is only showing the power wiring - no gpio connections from safe shutdown board to RPi - I understand those. And also, the power-strip is optional. Not really sure what would I use it for, don't think I have the necessity.

Yes I know that I'll need a hub for having both pro micro and and external usb port available. I'm planning to do that. Thanks for the heads up.

PS: I checked out your GBZ build. Very nice, such clean wiring. I'm inspired to try doing the same.

EDIT: removed my wiring example that was incorrect, so that somebody else would not make the same mistake.
Last edited by crto on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:20 pm

Personally I think that power strip is unuseful if there aren't too many devices to power in.
About your schematic, it is right but pay attention that rpi zero is upside down and those pins aren't 5v and ground!
I drew a new one:

Or an alternative (is the same but i prefer this):

crto

Post by crto » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:40 am

Merlin wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:20 pm
Personally I think that power strip is unuseful if there aren't too many devices to power in.
About your schematic, it is right but pay attention that rpi zero is upside down and those pins aren't 5v and ground!
I drew a new one:

Or an alternative (is the same but i prefer this):
Thank you again Merlin. Missed the detail that RPi is in different orientations on those schematics.

I agree with you, 2nd option looks much better, I'll do it this way.

Grazie mille Merlin:)

NPlayer

Post by NPlayer » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:45 am

Hi!

I'm building my firs GBZ, I'm on the final stages. I have this setup wired correctly, exactly as the wiring image of the first page. Battery is 4.1V, Output from the psu board is 5.01V. Battery is charging because led from psu board changes from red to green. I don't have any script running, but I encountered a problem.

When I switch on the safe shutdown board, GBZ switches on. Although battery is fully charged, when I switch off the safe shutdown board, everything switches off. Voltage output to the power rail is 0.00V. So my problem is that I don't kwno what could be wrong. Could the safe shutdown board be defective? How can I test it? Or is it that this is the intended behaviour without the script installed and I am just an idiot :lol: ? For the record, only with battery I get the same behaviour. It switches off instantly.

Thank you all!