GBZ for sale on ebay

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
jermzz

GBZ for sale on ebay

Post by jermzz » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Lphillimore

Re: GBZ for sale on ebay

Post by Lphillimore » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:19 am

Nice build! Are you allowed to sell it loaded with ROMs?

Dont want a fellow modder getting busted!

Francis

Post by Francis » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:37 pm

great build! where did you get that screen protector? I really dig it

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:07 pm

Lphillimore wrote:Nice build! Are you allowed to sell it loaded with ROMs?

Dont want a fellow modder getting busted!
Well, I know emulators and roms are not illegal. Per Ebay's TOS, you can not sell anything copyrighted. That being said, I assume as long as I don't disclose to the public what roms are actually on it, I don't think I can get in trouble. Despite Mario 3 being plastered all over the pics. lol. I seen a bunch sell that explicitly said what games were on them. I don't think it's an issue really unless someone reports it. Then I'm sure Ebay would close the auction.

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:12 pm

Francis wrote:great build! where did you get that screen protector? I really dig it

Thanks! I'm getting a bit better each time. My wiring is getting good enough now to where I don't even have any issues closing the case. I love building these things. Next I'm going for a game gear, if I can find a broken one for a good price. Seems like a fun, more roomy project.

The screen protector is from kitsch-bent.com. They're only like 3 bucks and they look great with the all black rim. Plus adhesive is already applied, so it's really easy to install.
Attachments
IMG_4419.JPG
IMG_4419.JPG (1.63 MiB) Viewed 8831 times

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:59 pm

That is super nice and clean.

My next build which I'm just starting will utilise a standard PCB and Teensy etc. like this.

(Waiting for more AIO 2.2 or Kite's second batch.)

This gives me a great reference into where I should place things!

Did you add your SD directly into the Pi relying on WiFi to adjust going forward?

Just wondering what's in your cart slot on the back...dummy cart?

Cheers

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:14 pm

Lphillimore wrote:That is super nice and clean.

My next build which I'm just starting will utilise a standard PCB and Teensy etc. like this.

(Waiting for more AIO 2.2 or Kite's second batch.)

This gives me a great reference into where I should place things!

Did you add your SD directly into the Pi relying on WiFi to adjust going forward?

Just wondering what's in your cart slot on the back...dummy cart?

Cheers
I find the card reader to be unreliable. And I see no real reason to pull the sd card out unless you totally corrupt the image. Everything you need to be done can be done from a USB port really.

So in the empty space I'll either put the powerboost, or leave it empty. I put 4 buttons on the back in a different place than wermy does. I put them closer to the middle where your fingers sit. It's really uncomfortable for me to hit the tactical buttons when they're in the screw holes. I stagger them where you index fingers naturally fall when holding the system. So those buttons go where the card reader would go anyway.

I also have a couple boards coming from Kite :D been a long wait, huh?
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (165.36 KiB) Viewed 8810 times

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:19 pm

True - I think next time ill just use a dummy cart or like you say, put the Powerboost inside - the SD Card adapter was cool in my opinion and hasn't let me down yet but just means less space to work with inside. Plus I live in Australia (moved from UK) so getting it here works out pretty pricey.

Defo a great shout on moving the buttons too, I went with the standard location first time round but like you say, not really ergonomic and a bit of a pain to dremmel down. Will look to follow your lead on this next time.

Unfortunately I missed the boat on Kite's first batch so eagerly awaiting the next lot. Also waiting for Helder to re-open his AIO thread to try and acquire a repaired AIO. Have a couple of the standard button only PCBs and happy to use these going forward as it makes things a bit quicker.

Did you use an audio filter on this build? Cant see one, only the amp?

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:38 am

I do love helder's AIO as well. But honestly I like using the teensey since it's a keyboard it makes everything easy. Retropie recognizes keyboards separate of controllers. Maybe it's just me, but I imaged my SD card when I had helders board, and as I planned to make more gameboys I wanted to just flash that image to every Sd card instead of redoing all the configs and loading roms again. But for some reason with the atmega chip the Gameboy's controller never gets recognized after I flash my SD card and I'm stuck on the home screen unable to move. I guess because technically it's a different controller and player 1 controller only works for menu navigation? I dunno, but with the teensey I don't have that problem because they're just keyboard presses. Other reasons as well.

No audio filter. I've used with and without. One gameboy actually sounded worse. The others sounded the same. Doesn't seem to cut any noise for me, but maybe I was not doing it right. Anyway, they sound fine without it. A little hiss with volume all the way up, and almost unnoticeable hiss with the volume low. All goes away in game. so I didn't use it, it's just more room for other stuff not having one.

abrugsch

Post by abrugsch » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:23 am

jermzz wrote:Thanks! I'm getting a bit better each time. My wiring is getting good enough now to where I don't even have any issues closing the case. I love building these things.
Super tidy build there! :thumbup: (this board needs a thumbs up smilie)