[For Sale] $7 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $20 (Worldwide) SOLD OUT

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
PotaTox

Re: [For Sale] $5 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $14 (Worldwide)

Post by PotaTox » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:45 pm

Do you have any plans for the all in one board? What updates are you going to add? This will probably help people think of ideas for things you should add.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: [For Sale] $5 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $14 (Worldwide)

Post by Helder » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:06 am

PotaTox wrote:Do you have any plans for the all in one board? What updates are you going to add? This will probably help people think of ideas for things you should add.
I don't plan to add anything else to this as it covers plenty of things already and the size is close to it's limit for case space.

Yes the 3 boards I have coming have the audio pads fixed and labeled.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:31 am

Spleen21 wrote:First of all forgive me if i have it all wrong. Just trying to offer up ideas.

I was thinking if there were any left over I/O pins on the atmega (not sure how many you've used so far), perhaps they could be broken out and used for anything the user might need. Perhaps LED's, or extra switches/buttons. I was thinking perhaps the USB port pads could be shifted across a wee bit and some general purpose I/O pads could be placed next to them for easy access.

Again, I've never designed a pcb before, let alone one in such a confined space so excuse me if im just not getting it. This board is already fantastic and saves the rest of us a huge amount of work and space inside the GB.

I will be ordering!

Thanks again
Even more importantly than work, it saves space! No amp, no teensy, no usb hub. That's huge. The only things taking up space really will be the power boost and the screen's controller board. So much space to add cool spacious stuff. I just ordered the 640x480 screen from ebay. I already have my first gbz up and running, but the next one will truly be epic thanks to master helder :)

username 123

Post by username 123 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:36 pm

jermzz wrote:
Spleen21 wrote:First of all forgive me if i have it all wrong. Just trying to offer up ideas.

I was thinking if there were any left over I/O pins on the atmega (not sure how many you've used so far), perhaps they could be broken out and used for anything the user might need. Perhaps LED's, or extra switches/buttons. I was thinking perhaps the USB port pads could be shifted across a wee bit and some general purpose I/O pads could be placed next to them for easy access.

Again, I've never designed a pcb before, let alone one in such a confined space so excuse me if im just not getting it. This board is already fantastic and saves the rest of us a huge amount of work and space inside the GB.

I will be ordering!

Thanks again
Even more importantly than work, it saves space! No amp, no teensy, no usb hub. That's huge. The only things taking up space really will be the power boost and the screen's controller board. So much space to add cool spacious stuff. I just ordered the 640x480 screen from ebay. I already have my first gbz up and running, but the next one will truly be epic thanks to master helder :)
Care to share the eBay link to that screen?

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:46 pm

username 123 wrote:
jermzz wrote:

I will be ordering!

Thanks again
Care to share the eBay link to that screen?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/222137248549

I don't take credit for finding it. Another member found it. apparently many eBay sellers claim their screens are full vga resolution but they are not. This one is proven and runs out of the box on 5v. Only downfall I see as of now is that although it fits, the controller board is very big. Thus why it's nice we have so many less components with helder's board. It's more doable it seems. Will find out soon i guess.

This screen and helder's board would make the Cadillac of GBZs :)

Tamasco

Post by Tamasco » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:52 am

Helder wrote:Either this weekend or by the following Monday or Tuesday. Roughly a week from now and there will be one with just the audio and atmega for those who don't need the usb hub but those I will have only 10 of them.

This is what the new all in one will look like:

@Helder, I really need this all in one! Which this, we wouldn´t need the usb dac and the usb hub? You know I need a hub :lol:

Which PSP joystick is the correct one?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:46 am

Any Analog Stick can be used but this one is small and easy to solder to:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/3713748968 ... noapp=true

The board only has USB hub not the DAC or rather the USB Sound Card.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

gargoyle67

Post by gargoyle67 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:15 am

@Helder,
Please don't forget I want x2 all in one boards when they go live next week ? :)

foxy

Post by foxy » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:21 am

Helder wrote: The board only has USB hub not the DAC or rather the USB Sound Card.
But there is support for the PWM audio, right?
So no need for a DAC or USB Sound Card afaik.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:23 am

foxy wrote:
Helder wrote: The board only has USB hub not the DAC or rather the USB Sound Card.
But there is support for the PWM audio, right?
So no need for a DAC or USB Sound Card afaik.
Right it has the PWM filter and the Amplifier, the USB hub with 4 connections but one is hard wired to the Atmega for controller/analog stick so 3 free ones for whatever you want to use over USB.