[For Sale] $7 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $20 (Worldwide) SOLD OUT

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Lanceomni

Re: [For Sale] $5 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $14 (Worldwide)

Post by Lanceomni » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:27 am

I hope you ordered enough boards. I've been checking the forums twice a day to make sure I get in on the first run. :)

Tjfreund

Re: [For Sale] $5 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $14 (Worldwide)

Post by Tjfreund » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:44 am

I'd also like to reserve 2 of the All-in-one PCB's.

Regards,
Tom

Brett82

Post by Brett82 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:31 am

sorry helder can you forget my request for the boards with audio from previous post only read beginning pages and last page of thread I would like 2 all in one boards to uk when you have them. you are the Gameboy pi god :shock:

foxy

Post by foxy » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:33 am

Is reservation possible by posting here?
I don't think so, but if it is, then I'd like to reserve one all-in-one board as well. :D

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:41 am

I believe they are first come first serve once he posts that they are back in stock ready to ship. Much like getting pi zero and adafruit products lol

Boondoggle

Post by Boondoggle » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:05 am

It would be nice if those of us who purchased boards with the design defect were assured a spot in line with the new boards. Don't get me wrong, I know the issue was pretty easily addressable and I sincerely appreciate all the work Helder has done to make it right. I would just prefer the ability to buy one of these new boards over any partial refund.

I hope that doesn't read bitchy. It wasn't intended to be.

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:17 am

Boondoggle wrote:It would be nice if those of us who purchased boards with the design defect were assured a spot in line with the new boards. Don't get me wrong, I know the issue was pretty easily addressable and I sincerely appreciate all the work Helder has done to make it right. I would just prefer the ability to buy one of these new boards over any partial refund.

You did receive a product. Although flawed, was still usable. There are those of us who never got a product at all because he didn't ship them and have been waiting weeks. I would personally never ask for a refund, but a product plus a partial refund if it so suits you seems sufficient. You can still progress forward on your build.

Boondoggle

Post by Boondoggle » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:55 am

jermzz wrote:
Boondoggle wrote:It would be nice if those of us who purchased boards with the design defect were assured a spot in line with the new boards. Don't get me wrong, I know the issue was pretty easily addressable and I sincerely appreciate all the work Helder has done to make it right. I would just prefer the ability to buy one of these new boards over any partial refund.

You did receive a product. Although flawed, was still usable. There are those of us who never got a product at all because he didn't ship them and have been waiting weeks. I would personally never ask for a refund, but a product plus a partial refund if it so suits you seems sufficient. You can still progress forward on your build.
I'll respectfully disagree, but it's a moot point as it's entirely Helder's jurisdiction. I wouldn't ask for a partial refund because it's really an inconsequential amount of money, it was sold in good faith, it's easily fixed, but most importantly because I'd like to support Helder in any way possible as I really appreciate the work he's doing. Also, why would I progress forward on my build if the possibility of purchasing an all-in-one board changed just about every aspect of the build?

I'm sorry you didn't get a board jermzz. I only got one because I was in the right place when Helder put the last two ones back up for sale. If you'd like to continue progressing on your build PM me and I will cut you a great deal on a "sufficient" board. ;)

aruipal

Post by aruipal » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:59 am

:o I'd also like to reserve one of the All-in-one PCB's.
Regards.

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:20 am

Boondoggle wrote:
jermzz wrote:

I'll respectfully disagree, but it's a moot point as it's entirely Helder's jurisdiction. I wouldn't ask for a partial refund because it's really an inconsequential amount of money, it was sold in good faith, it's easily fixed, but most importantly because I'd like to support Helder in any way possible as I really appreciate the work he's doing. Also, why would I progress forward on my build if the possibility of purchasing an all-in-one board changed just about every aspect of the build?

I'm sorry you didn't get a board jermzz. I only got one because I was in the right place when Helder put the last two ones back up for sale. If you'd like to continue progressing on your build PM me and I will cut you a great deal on a "sufficient" board. ;)
That's exactly the reason I believe people who got the old "flawed" if you can even call it that, board shouldn't get a freebie line cut for the new board. If it was the same board redesigned to fix the issue, then sure. Being that it's a complete redesign with new added features, everyone who has a board should be in the same boat. Everyone is going to want one regardless of if they already have a board, and whether it has the audio issue or not. Basically, either way you probably would buy this board anyway.

No worries buddy. I already have one from the very first batch. My GBZ is alive and well. I'm building a few for some local people, mostly friends who don't feel they have the skills to build one themselves. I can wait, but thank you kindly for the offer :)