[For Sale] $7 Game Boy Zero Controller PCB W/ Optional Audio $20 (Worldwide) SOLD OUT

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
prerunnerseth

Re: [For Sale] Game Boy Zero Controller PCB for USA Buyers

Post by prerunnerseth » Tue May 10, 2016 10:49 am

Rod2D2 wrote:
prerunnerseth wrote:
Hoot wrote:
Fingers crossed on this one!
The Only issue with making a cart board with a card edge and the reason why I converted to a pin header is that card edge fingers where they make repeated mechanical contact with other pins will need to have the heavy gold plating. This heavy gold plating adds significant cost. The immersion gold like used on the button PCBs which only make contact with a soft carbon pad will wear away with only a couple insertions. I would be willing to make one if i had enough interest. assuming Helder Isn't already planning on it. I won't make one if he wants to.
I see, thank you for the info. It may be too expensive to make then. I would be interested if the cost is still reasonable.
Its reasonable if you buy enough.

uke

Post by uke » Tue May 10, 2016 12:15 pm

made my order!

yeah, no import taxes when the value is lower than $50 so shouldn't be an issue. Even less when it's something as thin as a board!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue May 10, 2016 3:42 pm

I'll let prerunnerseth do the carts since he has the design already and we agreed upon it, no need to have a battle over it.

Now for anyone internationally wanting to buy my boards wait till I have the link setup for it, if you buy using the USA link like 2 people have done it I will only ship them once I have $8 total for shipping not $3 like the USA links.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue May 10, 2016 9:43 pm

So a bit of an update. First batch is getting shipped tonight so hopefully by Friday I'll have them but if not Monday is a definite.

All sold out of 2nd batch except for the few boards I plan to offer to people outside the USA.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » Tue May 10, 2016 11:49 pm

prerunnerseth wrote: The Only issue with making a cart board with a card edge and the reason why I converted to a pin header is that card edge fingers where they make repeated mechanical contact with other pins will need to have the heavy gold plating. This heavy gold plating adds significant cost. The immersion gold like used on the button PCBs which only make contact with a soft carbon pad will wear away with only a couple insertions. I would be willing to make one if i had enough interest. assuming Helder Isn't already planning on it. I won't make one if he wants to.
How much would you estimate it would cost?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed May 11, 2016 12:31 am

He has posted a thread in this subforum with all that info. Please keep this thread on topic of the title, thanks.

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Wed May 11, 2016 11:43 am

When will the second batch be coming? :0

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed May 11, 2016 12:43 pm

I'm assuming Friday it will be shipped out of China and get here the following Wednesday but this an assumption and will only know once I get a notification email from them.
Please be patient as I can't make things go any faster.

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Wed May 11, 2016 11:05 pm

I'm jumping on the bandwagon. Any plans for a third order already? Realize that you're swapped with the second order not even mailed yet.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed May 11, 2016 11:29 pm

It's definitely a possibility but I want to get these out to people first then setup a third batch.
Seems that someone is planning a group buy of my version boards from OSHPark so can probably be an option for you if you don't want to wait.