mintyPi 3D-Printed Parts

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
Holliday86

Re: [Pre-order] mintyPi 3D-Printed Parts

Post by Holliday86 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:38 am

I've ordered and the $10 shipping was added so seems to be working now :)

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:49 am

Wermy can i ask why you dont give the stl files. Because i have a 3d printer. With the versions befor you gave the stl files but now i dont see them.

Greets Mike
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

Holliday86

Post by Holliday86 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:31 am

Hey, there was a post a little while back saying that they would be releasing the stl but not for a few weeks. The guys need to regain the money that they've invested into this project and they primarily do this by selling fabricated parts - and donations

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:00 am

cobramike wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:49 am
Wermy can i ask why you dont give the stl files. Because i have a 3d printer. With the versions befor you gave the stl files but now i dont see them.

Greets Mike
See here:

http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3095

TheDeviantZen

Post by TheDeviantZen » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:29 am

yeah... would be much more cheaper if we could print the parts ourselves :( but I understand why you are not giving the stl files to the community.
F*ck, unscrupulous people always have to ruin everything.
Last edited by TheDeviantZen on Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:06 am

cobramike wrote:

Greets Mike
Hey,
Yep, as someone else mentioned, it's a direct result of this: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3095
It sucks, and kind of goes against the whole maker community spirit for these kinds of projects in my opinion, but I wasn't sure what else to do to try and prevent someone from literally having a business overnight from all our work.
So the best compromise I could think of was to wait a while before releasing them. That way people who are able to WILL get to print their own sets, they will just have to wait a bit. Hope that's reasonable!
ImageImageImageImage

PIXeL_92

Post by PIXeL_92 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:36 am

wermy wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:06 am
cobramike wrote:

Greets Mike
Hey,
Yep, as someone else mentioned, it's a direct result of this: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3095
It sucks, and kind of goes against the whole maker community spirit for these kinds of projects in my opinion, but I wasn't sure what else to do to try and prevent someone from literally having a business overnight from all our work.
So the best compromise I could think of was to wait a while before releasing them. That way people who are able to WILL get to print their own sets, they will just have to wait a bit. Hope that's reasonable!
Hey Wermy,

Shame to hear about this and it has ruined it for yourself and a few of us. You say you will release the STL files at some point is that a sure thing ?

I know it might sound selfish or rude but I have a printer at home that I could print out two sets I have purchased from Helder that would cost me a fraction of the $60+Shipping for the two sets from you. Just the two boards have pretty much wiped out whats left of disposable income out this month.

Don't get me wrong it's great what you are doing, myself and I am sure the community appreciates it. I am more then happy to make a donation to yourself / the site if they do get released, just otherwise it makes this build a lot more expensive for me and it will have to be done over a couple of months.

Again I don't mean for this to sound like I am being a dick I just suck at wording stuff.

Cheers bud
Needs parts for your Gameboy Zero or even just normal Gamboy mods, head over to http://www.deadpanrobot.co.uk/ and use the discount code RGREPAIRS for a 10% discount code. Loads of great products at affordable prices.

Instagram - http://instagram.com/robsgamerepairs

Mikethesith200

Post by Mikethesith200 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:18 am

Any chance you'll provide STLS? Can't really spare $100 on this project and half that cost is the 3d printed parts.

wermy wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:09 pm
Hey guys,
I'm taking pre-orders for the 3D-printed parts to put together the mintyPi project! I have both the 2.4" screen versions for the sets that Helder is selling, as well as 2.2" versions if you happened to get ahold of the 2.2" screen I was using early on and are happy with that size.

The main kit comes with all 3D-printed parts you need for the case, including the necessary screws:
IMG_3046 sm.jpeg
IMG_3047 sm.jpeg
IMG_3048 sm.jpeg

Colors available are Peppermint (red), Spearmint (green), Cinnamon (maroon) and Wintergreen (teal):
(the image below shows an older version of the models, which didn't have the logo yet)

mintyPi2FlavorsFilament.jpg

The colored parts are printed in PLA from Push Plastic, and the black parts (which need to be tougher) are printed in a polycarbonate/PBT blend also from Push Plastic (they may look a little rougher, but they are covered by the colored pieces).

I'm aiming to ship these out around the same time that Helder starts shipping his sets in a few weeks.

Price is $30 + shipping/paypal fees (this covers your paypal buyer protection). I looked at services like Shapeways, and they were asking for upwards of $40 for the whole set, so that price wasn't pulled from thin air. :) These take several prints from multiple types of filament, so they take quite a bit of effort to put together!

I'll have a guide up soon showing up to assemble everything.

There may be a bit of sanding/filing required on a couple spots to make them feel nice with your buttons! There is an annoying amount of variability in radius between button sets from different manufacturers, so if they are too narrow for your buttons you may need to sand the button holes out a bit, and the button wells may need a bit of filing to keep the buttons from catching on them. It only takes a few minutes, and isn't always necessary, I just wanted to make sure to point it out. I'll show how to do it in the video guide soon.

Paypal buttons are over on the market:
http://market.sudomod.com/mintypi-3d-printed-parts-set

Edit: Fixed the market link. ;)

codacious

Post by codacious » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:22 am

wermy , I ordered the teal and I really like the button colors you used with the teal. Could you tell me where you got them? Thanks!