[FOR SALE] microSD-to-Cartridge Breakout Boards aka 'kk_gb_zero' [WORLDWIDE]

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
username 123

Re: [FOR SALE] microSD-to-Cartridge Breakout Boards aka 'kk_gb_zero' [WORLDWIDE]

Post by username 123 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:58 am

What does the decoupling capacitor do?

IAmOrion

Re: [FOR SALE] microSD-to-Cartridge Breakout Boards aka 'kk_gb_zero' [WORLDWIDE]

Post by IAmOrion » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:30 pm

username 123 wrote:What does the decoupling capacitor do?
I believe it helps prevent power fluctuations and makes the reading/writing more stable (at least in theory)

"A decoupling capacitor is a capacitor used to decouple one part of an electrical network (circuit) from another. Noise caused by other circuit elements is shunted through the capacitor, reducing the effect it has on the rest of the circuit."

kitsch-bent

Post by kitsch-bent » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:51 pm

IAmOrion wrote:
username 123 wrote:What does the decoupling capacitor do?
I believe it helps prevent power fluctuations and makes the reading/writing more stable (at least in theory)

"A decoupling capacitor is a capacitor used to decouple one part of an electrical network (circuit) from another. Noise caused by other circuit elements is shunted through the capacitor, reducing the effect it has on the rest of the circuit."
beat me to it....

there is a decent enough run down on them on wikipedia
its full of Game Boy Zero stuff!!! -----> -----> -----> http://store.kitsch-bent.com

(^_^) *(^_^)* (^_^) >*(^_^)*< (^_^) *(^_^)* (^_^)

username 123

Post by username 123 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:58 am

Thanks for the spoon feed guys :D

dboSS

Post by dboSS » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:29 am

I want to buy the board with SD socket already soldered on it, but I dont want the clear plastic case. What option should I choose?

kitsch-bent

Post by kitsch-bent » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:51 am

dboSS wrote:I want to buy the board with SD socket already soldered on it, but I dont want the clear plastic case. What option should I choose?
pcb/socket (assembled)
its full of Game Boy Zero stuff!!! -----> -----> -----> http://store.kitsch-bent.com

NyaSu

Post by NyaSu » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:41 am

kitsch-bent wrote:pcb/socket (assembled)
Hello [mention]kitsch-bent[/mention]

I bought mine before this option, is there any guide for how to do so? The inside part does not look easy...

dboSS

Post by dboSS » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:31 pm

NyaSu wrote:

I bought mine before this option, is there any guide for how to do so? The inside part does not look easy...
Hi,
Would you like to take the picture of what does it look like?

kitsch-bent

Post by kitsch-bent » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:51 pm

NyaSu wrote:

i don't think there is a guide...

but, the best way (assuming you don't have a hot air setup) would be to first solder one of the corners, then the other three to anchor it, then use a thin tip on your solder iron and some thin gauge solder to be able to access the pins on the inside. the cutouts in the metal help with this, greatly. otherwise, you'd have to have a reflow over or hot air pencil or some such...

dboSS

Post by dboSS » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:53 pm

When will the new version restock?