[FOR SALE] microSD-to-Cartridge Breakout Boards aka 'kk_gb_zero' [WORLDWIDE]

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
kitsch-bent

Re: [FOR SALE] microSD-to-Cartridge Breakout Boards aka 'kk_gb_zero' [WORLDWIDE]

Post by kitsch-bent » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:26 pm

Flowlance wrote:
mattfl wrote:This may seem like a silly question, but I ordered the PCB and card slot unassembled thinking it'd be pretty easy to assemble myself. Am I correct in thinking all I need to solder are the 4 corners of the card adapter onto the PCB itself or do each of the 8 pins in the card slot need to be soldered as well, and if so, how the heck do I do that? I've never put anything together like this before so I'm completely clueless here. Thanks!
You are supposed to solder through the two small cutout holes in the metal shielding. That was impossible for me however, but I noticed you could take the metal shelding off entirely, this makes it much easier to solder the 8 pins. When I got the shielding off, I held it in place with some hot glue temporary, soldered, removed hot glue, put the shielding back on then soldered the corners.
correct! the metal shielding *will* come off. but be gentle so it doesn't distort so it goes back on easy again :) but, yeah.... thats one way to do it. can't say i suggest this as the standard approach.... taking things apart is always iffy.... but to each their own!
its full of Game Boy Zero stuff!!! -----> -----> -----> http://store.kitsch-bent.com

(^_^) *(^_^)* (^_^) >*(^_^)*< (^_^) *(^_^)* (^_^)

mattfl

Re: [FOR SALE] microSD-to-Cartridge Breakout Boards aka 'kk_gb_zero' [WORLDWIDE]

Post by mattfl » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:50 am

kitsch-bent wrote:
Flowlance wrote:
mattfl wrote:This may seem like a silly question, but I ordered the PCB and card slot unassembled thinking it'd be pretty easy to assemble myself. Am I correct in thinking all I need to solder are the 4 corners of the card adapter onto the PCB itself or do each of the 8 pins in the card slot need to be soldered as well, and if so, how the heck do I do that? I've never put anything together like this before so I'm completely clueless here. Thanks!
You are supposed to solder through the two small cutout holes in the metal shielding. That was impossible for me however, but I noticed you could take the metal shelding off entirely, this makes it much easier to solder the 8 pins. When I got the shielding off, I held it in place with some hot glue temporary, soldered, removed hot glue, put the shielding back on then soldered the corners.
correct! the metal shielding *will* come off. but be gentle so it doesn't distort so it goes back on easy again :) but, yeah.... thats one way to do it. can't say i suggest this as the standard approach.... taking things apart is always iffy.... but to each their own!
So ya i totally hosed mine, but no biggie.

So, I want to order the pcb/SD card already soldered and ready to go. Is there an option for that on your site? I'm good with the SD card being in the middle of the PCB too.

kitsch-bent

Post by kitsch-bent » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:55 am

mattfl wrote:
kitsch-bent wrote:
Flowlance wrote:

So, I want to order the pcb/SD card already soldered and ready to go. Is there an option for that on your site? I'm good with the SD card being in the middle of the PCB too.
yep, sure thing. an 'assembled' option in the drop down menu is what you're wanting. but, if you'll give me maybe 10 minutes from now, I'll have them up without the shell too, this is not currently an option. it will just be a pcb/socket, and assembled. currently the fully-assembled includes the shell too, but after getting some emails about this it seems people would like an assembled option without the shell too.

so, give me 5-10 minutes.... you'll see something like "pcb/socket (assembled)" in the drop-down shortly...
its full of Game Boy Zero stuff!!! -----> -----> -----> http://store.kitsch-bent.com

mattfl

Post by mattfl » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:01 am

kitsch-bent wrote:
mattfl wrote:
kitsch-bent wrote:

yep, sure thing. an 'assembled' option in the drop down menu is what you're wanting. but, if you'll give me maybe 10 minutes from now, I'll have them up without the shell too, this is not currently an option. it will just be a pcb/socket, and assembled. currently the fully-assembled includes the shell too, but after getting some emails about this it seems people would like an assembled option without the shell too.

so, give me 5-10 minutes.... you'll see something like "pcb/socket (assembled)" in the drop-down shortly...
Awesome man! Thanks!

mattfl

Post by mattfl » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:37 am

Just placed my order for pcb/socket assembled :)

Flowlance

Post by Flowlance » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:23 am

I'd love if the case was black or some other solid color 8-)

mattfl

Post by mattfl » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:48 am

Flowlance wrote:I'd love if the case was black or some other solid color 8-)
Nothing a bit of spray paint/plasti dip can't fix :)

kitsch-bent

Post by kitsch-bent » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:55 pm

everything clear, when painted from the inside, looks sort of incredible. i love this effect...

but, more to your point: more colors will be coming. including the color of colors, black

jmbrnt

Post by jmbrnt » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:27 pm

Anyone in the UK wanna split some shipping on some of these bad boys?

Flowlance

Post by Flowlance » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:22 pm

kitsch-bent wrote:
everything clear, when painted from the inside, looks sort of incredible. i love this effect...

but, more to your point: more colors will be coming. including the color of colors, black
Amazing! 2 orders from you so far. Probably will be more in the future :) Do you have anything new upcoming? Something GBZ related to be specific :D