Archived - Kite pre-order

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
kite

Re: [PRE-ORDER] Circuit Sword, Circuit Sword Lite + Circuit Gem - OPEN

Post by kite » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:26 am

FlashyFrank wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:51 pm
wildBcat wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:29 am
I finally got one!! Does anyone know of the better screen can work with the pi zero? It wasn’t listed as an optional accessory, but I don’t see why it couldn’t work. I would’ve bought one with it if I knew for sure.
I think there might be an altercation that needs to be made to the board. I thought I remembered reading about it in another thread once. Im sure Kite can comment better on this.
Well remembered. I had put the possibility to support the HD LCD onto the CSL PCB, however I do not plan to support it all :) it will not work by just 'plugging it in' if that's what you were hoping!

TefaTBob

Post by TefaTBob » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:07 am

@kite Is there a change-log for the Gem hardware? I see the LCD is different. What's the change there, or anything else?

kite

Post by kite » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:17 am

TefaTBob wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:07 am
@kite Is there a change-log for the Gem hardware? I see the LCD is different. What's the change there, or anything else?
There are no noticeable changes, that image is an older prototype that used a different screen (and I've not re-taken the photo).

Live2slay

Post by Live2slay » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:58 am

Awesome got mine in! So glad you included the alternative option now for the backboard with a volume wheel instead of an hdmi port. I never used the hdmi anyway and changing the volume using the mode button is a pain! Anyway thanks Kite!
Spartans never die, ..... unless 343 takes over the franchise :lol:

sandog

Post by sandog » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:03 pm

What buttons and silicone pads does everyone recommend also is there any STL's for brackets for the fan and power switch?

UPDATE: Found the STL's in the Design Sharing section.

rumblepen

Post by rumblepen » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:14 pm

the sword no longer comes with a fan, correct? also, since there's already a built in mini-hdmi port, why make the backboard with the additional hdmi port the default and not the one with the volume wheel?

gambino37

Post by gambino37 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:32 pm

The circuit sword still comes with a fan. It's the lite that you are thinking of that doesn't have a fan. And the HDMI is on the pi zero. No way you can access that when it's in a case.

GraciousNuts

Post by GraciousNuts » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:46 pm

ORDERED!!!!!!! For my first GBZ 8-)

kite

Post by kite » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:14 am

rumblepen wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:14 pm
the sword no longer comes with a fan, correct? also, since there's already a built in mini-hdmi port, why make the backboard with the additional hdmi port the default and not the one with the volume wheel?
gambino37 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:32 pm
The circuit sword still comes with a fan. It's the lite that you are thinking of that doesn't have a fan. And the HDMI is on the pi zero. No way you can access that when it's in a case.
The Circuit Sword (with CM3+) no longer comes with the fan. The discounted Circuit Sword (with CM3 (not the new + version)) still comes with the fan. Both come with a heatsink. Fan is no longer included (with CM3+) because that compute module+ has far better thermal characteristics. You can still buy the fan from aliexpress or otherwise (search for 30x30x3mm fan) if you wanted to add it anyway :)

The HDMI back board is included as standard and the analog wheel is optional. Just depends on your preference.

andershp

Post by andershp » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:19 am

kite wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:14 am
The Circuit Sword (with CM3+) no longer comes with the fan.
That's awesome! Passive cooling FTW.
Do you supply proper adhesive for the heatsink? Or have any recommendations? I know for a fact from another build that the tape that usually is thrown on the back of these heatsinks often have an insulating effect, making the pi hotter with the sink than without! :o :D
My "Bubble Bobble" Themed Bartop Arcade: https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/107 ... cade-build