Archived - Kite pre-order

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
FireFoxGR

Re: [PRE-ORDER] Circuit Sword, Circuit Sword Lite + Circuit Gem - OPEN

Post by FireFoxGR » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:36 am

Hi Kite, I am wondering if there are any changes from the previous version of Circuit Sword

BTW, Great work as always!

sztojanov

Post by sztojanov » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:37 am

order done! :!:

MrErickson

Post by MrErickson » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:02 am

kite wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:16 am
MrErickson wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:39 pm
One question for you, or anyone that has done this already, I followed the link to OSHPark from your github for ordering 3 of the Back Boards you send out with the CS kits. There is a note in your github that says OSHPark's default thickness is 1.6mm where the boards should be 1mm thick if I'm reading it right. I didn't see anywhere in the OSH Order process to change the thickness, it was basically order and proceed to checkout from OSH's website. Am I missing something?
I'm pretty sure there is a dropdown somewhere before purchase where the thickness can be selected (it increases the cost i think). Otherwise it probably shouldn't make a difference, it just depends if the adapter (3D printed) requires it a certain thickness (which I don't know if is true or not)
I'll give it another look tonight and if I had to trim a little off a 3D printed part that's not a big deal. Thanks again Kite!

kite

Post by kite » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:07 am

spacemishka wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:52 am
Is it possible to have build guide for the sword lite :)?
Yep, https://github.com/kiteretro/Circuit-Sw ... Sword-Lite
FireFoxGR wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:36 am
Hi Kite, I am wondering if there are any changes from the previous version of Circuit Sword

BTW, Great work as always!
Nope it's the same, I'm removing some unused solder pads and bits but no functionality is being changed other than including a CM3+

diko_d

Post by diko_d » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:47 am

@Kite, quick question on the Circuit Sword order options.
If my preference would be to buy the kit with the CM3+, but do actually buy the HD screen myself and use the alternate back board, it seems like the only option you have is to still buy the entire kit even with the lower res screen and original back board and add the additional cost of the HD screen adapter and the alternate back board.
Just wondering why isn't there an option of the kit with the alternate parts and no original back board or screen?
I would assume that might be a cheaper option instead of getting unnecessary parts.

FenderGreg

Post by FenderGreg » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:38 am

Total noob questions here;
Is that a sort of mini raspberry pi 3 you're doing with it? If so what are people hoping it helps with, better emulation or more reliable?
With accessories, is that pretty much all you need to build a Gameboy?
I was looking at a raspberry pi zero build but just wanted to know how much more the other can give?
Cheers for any help

rumblepen

Post by rumblepen » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:42 am

the cm3 is stripped down pi3. all other functionality is incorporated into the csword board.

a pi3 is far more capable than a zero, so you can emulate more systems better.

kite

Post by kite » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:55 am

diko_d wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:47 am
@Kite, quick question on the Circuit Sword order options.
If my preference would be to buy the kit with the CM3+, but do actually buy the HD screen myself and use the alternate back board, it seems like the only option you have is to still buy the entire kit even with the lower res screen and original back board and add the additional cost of the HD screen adapter and the alternate back board.
Just wondering why isn't there an option of the kit with the alternate parts and no original back board or screen?
I would assume that might be a cheaper option instead of getting unnecessary parts.
Hi, if I allowed for that sort of customising it makes the whole ordering and packing process much more complicated, also the order links will get more complicated and need more explaining. It's far simpler to have a base product and have additional things to extend functionality. Hope that makes sense. Thanks for the feedback though

Thinos

Post by Thinos » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:53 am

Hi Kite,

I just bought a sword from you yesterday but I remembered today that I will move from my current location soon and that I will not be able to catch the parcel. Is it possible for me to change the shipping adress for my parent's one?

Thank you for your reply,

Love your work!

kite

Post by kite » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:09 pm

Pre-order closes tomorrow! (Sunday) :)
Thinos wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:53 am
I just bought a sword from you yesterday but I remembered today that I will move from my current location soon and that I will not be able to catch the parcel. Is it possible for me to change the shipping adress for my parent's one?
Yep, please send me an email with your old address and the new one and I'll update it my end