[Recommendation] VGA Screen from WankedaStore

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
chiz

[Recommendation] VGA Screen from WankedaStore

Post by chiz » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:06 pm

For anyone looking for a 3.5 LCD screen for their GBZs, I recommend considering getting a VGA (640x480) resolution esp. from WankedaStore over at eBay.

I too joined the 'VGA club" and wanted to have a higher resolution screen for my next build but the unit that I got in the mail had color banding issues due to a damaged flex cable which may have been damaged during shipping. Naturally, I contacted the seller, WankedaStore, describing the issue (with photos) and they got back to me the next day. We were constantly in communication since then as we arrange a replacement unit and they bent over backwards until I'm satisfied with the purchase. I just feel that they deserve the commendation for their excellent customer service. Kudos to Grace from WankedaStore! *thumbs up*

I know this screen is more costly compared to the 3.5in backup camera screen but this screen has better resolution and runs off 5v without any mods required. You're also sure you get the screen acc. to specs and not need take chances on getting a smaller board LCD or one that runs off 5v without mods. Plus you get excellent customer service from WankedaStore should you have any problem with your purchase.

P.S.
I already got the replacement screen and this time it's got no damage whatsoever. They improved on their packaging.

username 123

Re: [Recommendation] VGA Screen from WankedaStore

Post by username 123 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:30 pm

I'll be getting a high red lcd for my next build. Hopefully find a better price though.

chiz

Post by chiz » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:10 pm

username 123 wrote:I'll be getting a high red lcd for my next build. Hopefully find a better price though.
Tip: read the Full VGA resolution thread on how you may be able to get a good deal ;)

pixelplus

Post by pixelplus » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:07 am

username 123 wrote:I'll be getting a high red lcd for my next build. Hopefully find a better price though.
I hope it's okay to put in another alternative, I dont know if it's the best offer but I got mine from this seller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VGA-AV-Controll ... SwXj5XGY5s

they accepted an offer of $76 with free shipping. Many sellers have up to $30 shipping costs. Since I'm still waiting for my screen I can't say anything about their customer service though, but thats worth a lot so thanks to chiz for sharing your experience with WankedaStore.

I will absolutley consider them if I build another.

dboSS

Post by dboSS » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:24 am

pixelplus wrote:
I hope it's okay to put in another alternative, I dont know if it's the best offer but I got mine from this seller

they accepted an offer of $76 with free shipping. Many sellers have up to $30 shipping costs. Since I'm still waiting for my screen I can't say anything about their customer service though, but thats worth a lot so thanks to chiz for sharing your experience with WankedaStore.

How long have you been waiting? I'm planning to buy from them as well.

pixelplus

Post by pixelplus » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:56 am

dboSS wrote:
How long have you been waiting? I'm planning to buy from them as well.

Only since July 6 so I don't expect it to arrive yet. But they do give you a tracking number. Just checked with china post and my screen is at Peking terminal outbound for Sweden as we speak but it has also been there since July 9 ;) In my experince most packages from China arrives about 3-4 weeks after placed order.

Enix

Post by Enix » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:32 am

pixelplus wrote:

I got it from them at 75.00. :)

jeffy1021

Post by jeffy1021 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:03 pm

Thanks for the tip @chiz. I also ordered a screen from this seller based on the recommendations I saw in the full vga resolution thread. It arrived to the US (west coast) in about 3 business days from China via DHL. I haven't had a chance to test the screen yet but should have some time this weekend.

chiz

Post by chiz » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:41 pm

Yeah this is my shipping experience as well -- I got the screen in 3days via DHL. The shipping cost they're asking is for expedited DHL shipping that's why it's a bit high. I thought it's bec. of the insurance or something but really for the shipping speed.

pixelplus

Post by pixelplus » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:40 am

chiz wrote:Yeah this is my shipping experience as well -- I got the screen in 3days via DHL. The shipping cost they're asking is for expedited DHL shipping that's why it's a bit high. I thought it's bec. of the insurance or something but really for the shipping speed.
Thats good to know! My display has just arrived at the border some 13 days after placed order (@dboSS) and surley a couple more days to clear customs. The high shipping cost really makes sense now :)