Kite's boards additions

timemaster

Kite's boards additions

Post by timemaster » Mon May 06, 2019 10:33 am

This thread is meant to gather all addition which I have created for Kite's boards. My goal is to get them into Kite's upstream one day :)

Circuit Sword Firmware + buttons debounce
- Increases button responsiveness

CS_FIRMWARE.ino.with_bootloader.leonardo.hex

Super AIO Firmware + buttons debounce

SAIO_v2a_20190506_1_V06C.hex

PCSX Rearmed for Raspberry Pi Zero with 320x240 DPI driven
Uses patched release of PCSX Rearmed (non-Libretro) to play some more PlayStation games without any performance problems! - tested on Worms Armageddon
- For Super AIO, Circuit Sword Lite, Circuit Gem

Howto:
Change git repository address in RetroPie-Setup/scriptmodules/emulators/pcsx-rearmed.sh

Code: Select all

gitPullOrClone "$md_build" https://github.com/notaz/pcsx_rearmed.git
to:

gitPullOrClone "$md_build" https://github.com/timemaster5/pcsx_rearmed.git saio
and then run update pcsx-rearmed from source in retropie-setup script

Buttons Mapping for PCSX Rearmed without Retropie
This is needed to run PCSX Rearmed without Retropie integration to map your gamepad buttons provided by Kite's Board to correct key presses.

Howto:
Download pcsx-for-kite.s-boards.tar.gz and unzip it to your /

Should be working out of the box with PCSX rearmed upgraded from source code (see above).

Configuration:
Global configuration for all games is in /opt/retropie/configs/psx/pcsx-rearmed.keymap
Per-game configuration is stored with game in /home/pi/retropie/roms/psx/gamename.keymap
Additional configuration and scripts are in /home/pi/joymap-0.4.2/pcsx.*

Credits to @sgtgrumbles for pointing me out to LinuxJoymap project which is needed to correctly map buttons and axes if you're not using Libretro version of your emulator.
Last edited by timemaster on Sun May 19, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

timemaster

Re: Kite's boards additions

Post by timemaster » Mon May 06, 2019 10:33 am

reserved

timemaster

Post by timemaster » Mon May 06, 2019 10:34 am

reserved

andershp

Post by andershp » Mon May 06, 2019 11:18 pm

timemaster wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 10:33 am
This thread is meant to gather all addition which I have created for Kite's boards. My goal is to get them into Kite's upstream one day :)

Button responsiveness / less input lag is very much on my radar, since I'm quite sensitive to this.
Sorry for my ignorance, but can you please explain your thread a bit more? How do this piece code work, what is kite's take on it (why is it not part of kite's firmware in the first place) and how do non-coders install this?

Is it possible to install on other builds also? (check my signature)
My "Bubble Bobble" Themed Bartop Arcade: https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/107 ... cade-build

timemaster

Post by timemaster » Sun May 19, 2019 2:16 pm

andershp wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 11:18 pm
timemaster wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 10:33 am

Button responsiveness / less input lag is very much on my radar, since I'm quite sensitive to this.
Sorry for my ignorance, but can you please explain your thread a bit more? How do this piece code work, what is kite's take on it (why is it not part of kite's firmware in the first place) and how do non-coders install this?

Is it possible to install on other builds also? (check my signature)
Hey,
there is no much to say I am afraid. Buttons responsiveness is achieved by software debounce function which is already mentioned above and slightly increased the rate of button reads. Code updates are visible on my GitHub.

This thread is meant to help current owners using Kite's boards to play their games slightly more convenient way. At least in my case, it was my biggest pain. Otherwise, these boards are perfect and now I am very happy and can play all games very precisely.

Also, anyone can get some ideas from my Github and continue to modify them to achieve even better results.

How to flash Kite's boards is described on Kite's Wiki. Here for the Circuit Sword:
https://github.com/kiteretro/Circuit-Sw ... -Sword-FAQ

You just need to ensure that the update script will use this downloaded version instead of the original one.

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Fri May 24, 2019 1:58 pm

Been trying to get pcsx-rearmed to work on the CSO. I installed from binary and have been trying to load Spyro, a rom I know works. I just get a sort of rainbow screen (see pic) the IR emu doesn’t work either, it just kicks me back to the menu screen.

I first had an issue I couldn’t update the emulation station package or the emulator. I had to update all of retropie first. Then I was able to update emulation station package and the pcsx-rearmed emulator from source successfully. Still doesn’t work

Any idea how to fix this?
Attachments
17E57F26-B6FD-4EA4-BD39-FD1A7884949F.jpeg
17E57F26-B6FD-4EA4-BD39-FD1A7884949F.jpeg (4.12 MiB) Viewed 9947 times

kite

Post by kite » Sat May 25, 2019 2:46 am

Make sure nothing changes the display output mode. Some edit HDMI settings, any editing of those will stop the internal screen working. You may have luck in the 'one time reboot to hdmi' and you might find it works?
Stock clearance - CLOSED: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12064
Kite's Mailing List: https://goo.gl/forms/e97uUvPOfUxPWdz82
Kite's FAQ: https://kiteretro.com/faq/

ImageImageImageImageImage

timemaster

Post by timemaster » Sun May 26, 2019 2:43 am

On CS board, you can use lr-pcsx version of Playstation Emulator. Can you check if it behaves the same?

sgtgrumbles

Post by sgtgrumbles » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:34 pm

Resurrecting this old thread in case someone in the future runs into this...

The framebuffer mode needs to be changed before pcsx-rearmed starts, then reverted back after it finishes. I typically do this as part of the run command.

/opt/retropie/configs/psx/emulators.cfg:

default = "pcsx-rearmed"
pcsx-rearmed = "pushd /opt/retropie/emulators/pcsx-rearmed; fbset -g 320 240 640 480 16 ; ./pcsx -cdfile %ROM%; fbset -g 320 240 320 240 8 ; fbset -g 320 240 320 240 32 ; popd"

timemaster

Post by timemaster » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:45 am

This is interesting, thanks! It means you can run the original unpatched version with this change, right?