How to setup Retropie?

gizmo

How to setup Retropie?

Post by gizmo » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:10 am

I've got my gbz aio working finally and all seems great. However I don't understand how to get Retropie working? Perhaps I'm looking at this from an odd perspective but the software install doesn't seem to be standard?

All I have on my sd card is a series of files and an overlays folder? When I've installed Retropie in the past there's the usual folders such as config, bios and most importantly 'retropie' inside which will be various console names ready to place roms inside them?

I've also tried inserting a usb drive with a 'retro pie' folder created on it. What's supposed to happen is that retropie sees this and creates the required directory structure on the usb stick. But this doesn't happen either? :?

Could someone tell me what I'm supposed to do to get my gbz to run roms?

Any advice much appreciated.

millski

Re: How to setup Retropie?

Post by millski » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:39 pm

The Pi file system can’t be read on a Windows pc, except the Boot partition (overlays and random files etc).

If you follow the link to kites circuit sword faq it tells you how to add a wpa_supplicant file and connect it to WiFi - then on your pc connected to the same network type \\RETROPIE in to the file explorer address bar and you’ll have all those bios/rom folders to transfer stuff to. https://github.com/kiteretro/Circuit-Sw ... d-Lite-FAQ

The usb connector runs through the same connectors as the volume pot on a cs lite, and only one can run at a time - you have to open up the case and flick a switch to use the usb. Better instructions on kites faq page again.

gizmo

Re: How to setup Retropie?

Post by gizmo » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:15 am

Brilliant, thank you!

Now I just need to work out how to change the aspect ratio so that the games are displayed 1:1. I've gone into Retropie's Configuration Editor and configured the basic libretto emu for the snes to 256x224 but my games all still load up in full screen?? Does anyone know if there is some file kite is using which forces full screen, which I need to turn off?