CSO Freezes when idle

User avatar
kite
Posts: 924
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 4:30 am
Location: UK
Has thanked: 236 times
Been thanked: 305 times
Contact:

Re: CSO Freezes when idle

Post by kite » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:29 am

Emailed both of you now :) lets sort you out a replacement to get you going and i'll debug both

smoothoperator
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:59 pm
Location: Michigan, USA
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: CSO Freezes when idle

Post by smoothoperator » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:40 pm

kite wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:52 am
When this happens does a USB keyboard allow any interaction?
Transferring large files over as a share? Can you try using WinSCP instead?

If this has recently happened, please collect the messages log file https://github.com/kiteretro/Circuit-Sw ... e-log-file as I'm expecting to see some kind of kernel panic/dump.
Kite, I captured the messages log file from my recent 3 psx games download freeze up. How would you like me to get it to you?

User avatar
kite
Posts: 924
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 4:30 am
Location: UK
Has thanked: 236 times
Been thanked: 305 times
Contact:

Re: CSO Freezes when idle

Post by kite » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:37 am

you can put them into pastebin and then link here

smoothoperator
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:59 pm
Location: Michigan, USA
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: CSO Freezes when idle

Post by smoothoperator » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:09 pm

kite wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:37 am
you can put them into pastebin and then link here
Here you go kite. I think I did it right :?

https://pastebin.com/PTY8c1ue

User avatar
kite
Posts: 924
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 4:30 am
Location: UK
Has thanked: 236 times
Been thanked: 305 times
Contact:

Re: CSO Freezes when idle

Post by kite » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:42 am

Thanks, there is nothing obvious that I can see in that log, everything looks really good in fact.. if it were something wifi related you'd usually get some kind of kernel messages in there.. there is something that I might be able to do, I need to make a new main image again to apply it.. I'll report back here when I've made a new image to try, note that it will be probably a few weeks at most, hopefully sooner.. but I hope in the meantime it's not a deal breaker! Instead, try putting your files on a USB stick, inserting, mounting on /mnt or something (unless it auto does it) and copy the files using cp

smoothoperator
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:59 pm
Location: Michigan, USA
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: CSO Freezes when idle

Post by smoothoperator » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:52 pm

kite wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:42 am
Thanks, there is nothing obvious that I can see in that log, everything looks really good in fact.. if it were something wifi related you'd usually get some kind of kernel messages in there.. there is something that I might be able to do, I need to make a new main image again to apply it.. I'll report back here when I've made a new image to try, note that it will be probably a few weeks at most, hopefully sooner.. but I hope in the meantime it's not a deal breaker! Instead, try putting your files on a USB stick, inserting, mounting on /mnt or something (unless it auto does it) and copy the files using cp
Not a big deal. Just something that happens that I thought I would let you know about if you wanted to try and dig into it. Take your time on that image. No hurry as I'm sure your very busy :)

Dukana
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:45 am
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: CSO Freezes when idle

Post by Dukana » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:14 am

I've got the same problem. In fact, it seems to start freezing after a minute even if it's not idle!

Here's the log:
https://zerobin.net/?e68a76c83a172e45#T ... hxkoTl7To=

c_hri_s
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:35 pm
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: CSO Freezes when idle

Post by c_hri_s » Wed May 02, 2018 2:59 am

Kite has replaced my CSO and CM3 module which I installed yesterday.
I still see the issue with the new hardware, leading me to believe it's a software and/or pi issue.

I've created an issue here: https://github.com/kiteretro/Circuit-Sword/issues/43
Dukana wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:14 am
I've got the same problem. In fact, it seems to start freezing after a minute even if it's not idle!
I suspect this is another issue as this isn't the behavior most people on the thread see. Perhaps worth opening a separate thread to diagnose.

User avatar
kite
Posts: 924
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 4:30 am
Location: UK
Has thanked: 236 times
Been thanked: 305 times
Contact:

Re: CSO Freezes when idle

Post by kite » Wed May 02, 2018 8:36 am

Could you guys please try a new SD, preferably a different brand or different supplier? Long shot.. but it's surprising seeing as we replaced both sides on yours! I tested before shipping and couldn't reproduce on either the one you sent me, or the one I sent out!

EDIT: I need to make a new image using the latest version (using stretch) which may help here, haven't had enough time to test it yet

c_hri_s
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:35 pm
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: CSO Freezes when idle

Post by c_hri_s » Wed May 02, 2018 8:39 am

I've tried three different sandisk cards all with the same outcome - I don't have any other brands to try, though.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest