Retropie & CS Lite

thundachiken

Retropie & CS Lite

Post by thundachiken » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:19 am

Guys, I have a Retro pie image that works great on my RP3. Do you see any issues taking the SD card and using it for my circuit sword lite GB Zero? Will this be plug-and-play?

kite

Re: Lite

Post by kite » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:47 am

You would need to apply some other settings (like to enable the DPI LCD, and install the battery monitor) but otherwise it might work.. when you receive it i suggest starting out with the pre-made image just to make sure it all works fine and then try messing with other things. ALL the code used will be put up on github so technically you could do anything with that :) the code for the CS (with CM3) is already on github, I haven't uploaded for the CS Lite (with pi zero) yet, that will happen a little closer to the time of shipping :)

TLDR: No it will not be plug and run, but it is technically possible with some tweaks on your end.
Stock clearance - CLOSED: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12064
Kite's Mailing List: https://goo.gl/forms/e97uUvPOfUxPWdz82
Kite's FAQ: https://kiteretro.com/faq/

ImageImageImageImageImage

thundachiken

Re: Retropie & CS Lite

Post by thundachiken » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:06 pm

Thanks for your reply Kite. I’m new to this and appreciate the help.

I got in on your latest group buy for the lite. Looking forward to receiving it!

jungb

Post by jungb » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:51 am

kite wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:47 am
You would need to apply some other settings (like to enable the DPI LCD, and install the battery monitor) but otherwise it might work.. when you receive it i suggest starting out with the pre-made image just to make sure it all works fine and then try messing with other things. ALL the code used will be put up on github so technically you could do anything with that :) the code for the CS (with CM3) is already on github, I haven't uploaded for the CS Lite (with pi zero) yet, that will happen a little closer to the time of shipping :)

TLDR: No it will not be plug and play, but it is technically possible with some tweaks on your end.
hi kite
can you tell me how to install the battery monitor on you CSL Board,thx

jungb

Post by jungb » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:22 am

kite wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:10 am
jungb wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:51 am
kite wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:47 am

TLDR: No it will not be plug and play, but it is technically possible with some tweaks on your end.
hi kite
can you tell me how to install the battery monitor on you CSL Board,thx
I haven't tested this myself, but it should work: https://github.com/kiteretro/Circuit-Sw ... stallation
thx for you reply kite

but i want to know you use dpi 666 and use 74hc165 for gpio control,do you use SPI to control the 74hc165?
and how do you handel battery monitor? i want to use ads1015 ,but dpi666 already use SDA and SCL pin
many thx

kite

Re: CS Lite

Post by kite » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:32 am

jungb wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:22 am
thx for you reply kite

but i want to know you use dpi 666 and use 74hc165 for gpio control,do you use SPI to control the 74hc165?
and how do you handel battery monitor? i want to use ads1015 ,but dpi666 already use SDA and SCL pin
many thx
DPI is used for LCD, software bit-banging is used to read the registers, and the power management microcontroller is running my own custom code to handle the safe shutdown power states and uses a custom "1 wire like" protocol to send the battery voltage to the pi :) If I had more time i would have actually implemented the 1 wire protocol.. if anyone has sample code i'd be interested in seeing it ;)
Stock clearance - CLOSED: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12064
Kite's Mailing List: https://goo.gl/forms/e97uUvPOfUxPWdz82
Kite's FAQ: https://kiteretro.com/faq/

ImageImageImageImageImage

jungb

Post by jungb » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:57 am

kite wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:32 am
jungb wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:22 am
thx for you reply kite

many thx
DPI is used for LCD, software bit-banging is used to read the registers, and the power management microcontroller is running my own custom code to handle the safe shutdown power states and uses a custom "1 wire like" protocol to send the battery voltage to the pi :) If I had more time i would have actually implemented the 1 wire protocol.. if anyone has sample code i'd be interested in seeing it ;)

thx for you reply kite

i know dpi666 for lcd
but pi doesn't have adc gpio pin,how do you get voltage AD?
and you say microcontroller?what chip type do yiu use?can you tell me ?
many thx?