Problem with buttons

Killar

Problem with buttons

Post by Killar » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:44 am

Hi :)
I just received my kit the other day. it works great.. i am very happy with it.
BUT, i have a problem with my d-pad and start button..
when i press the start button, it recognizes 2-3 button pushes in a split second. the d-pad not so much

i got the newest version of the cm3 board.
I use buttons and rubber membranes from retromodding.com (not the cheap ones). The contact pads on the board and rubber membranes have been cleaned without any improvement. i even tried different membranes from 2 cheap chinese vendor. no change :(

Killar

Re: Problem with buttons

Post by Killar » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:38 pm

i will try the kapton tape solution tomorrow.
i already tried with four different sets of buttons and conductive rubber pads no change..
it happens to the START, SELECT, and the d-pad at some angels.. i will post a video tomorrow. i am at work now:)
if nothing happens, i would be glad for the software solution, when you got the time, i am a patient man :)

kite wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:15 am
Hm that's a little annoying, it's only the start button?

Could you just try some other cheaper buttons and see if that does anything? :P

Also, maybe worth a shot, you see on the buttons there are two little black circles that do the contact making.. and on the CSO PCB there are kinda two similar circles in the same place? Well, if you get a piece of kapton tape and apply it to one of the circles on the CSO PCB (so that your button is now only pressing with ONE of those black conductive pads) this may help the situation! (well, we'll see from your results!)

The last option is for me to put some kind of de-bouncing in the code.. that is something that i can do but i won't be able to for at least a few weeks realistically!