Failing to boot

FarS1GHT

Failing to boot

Post by FarS1GHT » Fri May 10, 2019 7:41 pm

Hello,

I have a circuit sword lite that seems to no longer want to boot. I haven't used it in a few months and today I charged it and turned it on. Screen comes on but nothing happens. Just black. I have tried this with power and without.

When plugged in:
CHRG: Blue
PG: Red
Plugged in power button pressed:
CHRG: Blue
PG: Red
BL_OK: Red
3v3: Red
PON: Red
Screen turns on, just black. I can hear the speaker turn on as well. Without power and only on battery I get red on BL_OK, 3v3, and PON as well as screen and speaker on. At one point I tried a micro SD card from my Pi3 and I saw a green light flashing under the left micro USB port on the compute board. No boot probably because it couldn't anyways without the proper image. Since then no more green lights or anything.

Ideas? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

FarS1GHT

Re: Failing to boot

Post by FarS1GHT » Sat May 11, 2019 10:15 am

I believe I discovered the issue. There micro SD card reader looked raised on one side of the compute module. I pressed it down firmly and powered on. Boots!

So now I need to figure out how to seat the reader better on the board so it doesn't happen again.

kite

Re: Failing to boot

Post by kite » Mon May 13, 2019 2:50 am

This can happen if the screen bracket is not super glued or epoxy glued. If you are using hot glue it will very slowly move over time and could pull the sd slot (check where it aligns on the outside and if the plastic ends up pushing it). If any of that makes sense!
Stock clearance - CLOSED: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12064
Kite's Mailing List: https://goo.gl/forms/e97uUvPOfUxPWdz82
Kite's FAQ: https://kiteretro.com/faq/

ImageImageImageImageImage