Super AIO - Updating to latest Retropie image?

Todd5314

Re: Super AIO - Updating to latest Retropie image?

Post by Todd5314 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:28 pm

Dividion wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:19 am
Todd5314 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:11 pm
Well - I used the Raspberry Pi imager to go to 4.4 to try and fix my issues from thread https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic ... 51&t=10424.

It booted once, then I turned off and thought safe shutdown ran. Then I turned it back on and it went through the scan disk procedure. It asked me to press enter (which I couldn't) so I turned it off and thought I'll go back to 1.3 from 2017-2018.

Now the SD card won't format, Windows fails, Raspberry Pi Imager fails, I can't even delete the partitions.

I am sure I am doing something wrong, but just in case, figured I would post.
Did you check the SD card with the diskpart tool? (running a command prompt as admin and then diskpart) If you can't fix it with diskpart, that card's probably shot.

If you're not familiar with diskpart, it has useful commands like:
list disk, select disk #, list part, select part #, delete part, then once all the partitions are deleted you can: create part primary
At that point you should be able to use an imager like etcher to write a new image to it.
Yeah tried that. I think the card is shot. So odd as it was working fine with an older image before I re-imaged. I'll grab another one tonight and try it again.

Todd5314

Post by Todd5314 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:50 pm

OK - New card fixed it, but I still encountered the check-disk with the 4.4 version. I went back to the 4.3 version as that worked for me.

ltpitt

Post by ltpitt » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:50 am

Hi all!

I tried Kite's new release but I get the same problem of the other poster.
So I tried your instructions and everything works as a charm with Retropie 4.6.

I have only one problem, when I boot the gameboy the saio-osd.py is not running.
If I connect via ssh and run it works without problems but at reboot it will not start automatically.

My crontab -e:

Code: Select all

@reboot /usr/bin/nice -n 19 /usr/bin/python /home/pi/Super-AIO/release/saio/saio-osd.py
If I run from command line:

/usr/bin/nice -n 19 /usr/bin/python /home/pi/Super-AIO/release/saio/saio-osd.py
It works with no problems.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Edit:
Not elegant but I solved it using flock:

@reboot /usr/bin/flock -n /tmp/fcj.lockfile /usr/bin/nice -n 19 /usr/bin/python /home/pi/Super-AIO/release/saio/saio-osd.py
* * * * * /usr/bin/flock -n /tmp/fcj.lockfile /usr/bin/nice -n 19 /usr/bin/python /home/pi/Super-AIO/release/saio/saio-osd.py

ltpitt

Post by ltpitt » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:11 am

Hi everyone!

Was anyone successful in updating their SuperAIO?
On mine best case scenario I end up with a non working mame4all / psxrearmed :/

Please give me hope! :)

devsfan1830

Post by devsfan1830 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:06 am

I cant get the damn sound working anymore on the latest version of RetroPie (as of this post 4.7.11). No combination of settings in the sound options in emulation station works. Retropie config gives me a on-board audio disabled or not present.

devsfan1830

Post by devsfan1830 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:08 am

Scratch that. The pre-release image from the SAIO github does indeed work properly. Sound, OSD, the works. I do however seem to have an issue when I try updating retropie. When I run it it get a wall of text that appears to be compiler errors and warnings and after leaving it go for nearly a day it was still churning it out. Nothing frozen, just a ton of text thats kinda hard to make out on such a small screen. I cant tell if there's a problem updating OR if this thing is trying to physically compile each and every updated package for the pi zero. For now I'm just going to use the image as is. Seems to work fine. If anyone has any insight into whats going on I'm curious to know.

devsfan1830

Post by devsfan1830 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:11 am

FIXED IT AGAIN! I have updated my method (Page 1 of this thread) for installing the SAIO OSD and Shutdown on a clean image of Retropie. At the time I have done this on Retropie 4.7.1. An extra config file is needed to be made with the same contents of the asound.conf to get sound running. Not sure if newer raspbian versions now ignore asound.conf and require .asoundrc in the home directory instead but doing that worked. This method also seems to prevent the issue in the pre release image from the SAIO github where setting a video splash breaks the OSD and shutdown script. Also, through several restarts via the power switch I no longer get a disk check.

wedgestar

Post by wedgestar » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:54 am

I'm trying to do a fresh install 4.7.1, I was only able to get to step 2, my game pad is not detected, I can't configure anything to get in and setup wifi and ssh. The pre made image Kite has everything works fine there so I know is all good if i wanted to just use that.
It seems like there is no usb support, I've plugged in a keyboard and it doesn't detect that, I've also re-imaged just for the sake of doing it and no go.
Any help would be much appreciated Thanks