Circuit Sword Mode Button menu always on

7m-gtte

Circuit Sword Mode Button menu always on

Post by 7m-gtte » Sun May 10, 2020 6:25 pm

I am having an issue when i turn my Circuit Sword on, the config menu is always on.

I tested the button an there is continuity when it is clicked.

I check to make sure there was not a short. Let me know if you have any idea whats happening.

Here is a picture of the button.

7m-gtte

Re: Circuit Sword Mode Button menu always on

Post by 7m-gtte » Sun May 10, 2020 8:05 pm

Well i thought i fixed it but, it displays the mode menu even without a mode menu bottom installed.

7m-gtte

Post by 7m-gtte » Mon May 11, 2020 5:29 pm

Well i thought i thoroughly checked for a short but it seems the power switch board is shorted some how. Even though when i test it looks fine.

I manually jumped the power ground without the switch board and it works fine.

7m-gtte

Post by 7m-gtte » Fri May 15, 2020 12:03 pm

Does anyone have a better idea of how to test the issue with the Power switch board?

7m-gtte

Post by 7m-gtte » Mon May 18, 2020 12:15 pm

Using the 'power button' on the main pcb works fine, as does the 'mode button' on the main pcb.

Unplugging the ribbon cable, 'power button' on the main pcb works fine, as does the 'mode button' on the main pcb.

If i measure the voltage on the back board "hdmi board" at the blue wire with it powered off, battery plugged in, and power switch board unplugged. I get 3.75 volts.
Green power wire shows 4 volts.

If i plug in the Power Switch board the voltage on the blue wire goes to 1 volt with the main pcb off. Also it stays at 1 volt when powered on by Power Switch.

I did also test plugging in the volume wheel pcb as well. Same issue.

When i do a continuity test on just the Power Switch board is does not beep but gives a numeric value. 1.5

If i measure the resistance of the connector at where the blue wire would be. I get 9k Ω. But seems to vary and not read at all sometimes, which is strange.