All in One PCB Support Thread

chanh55

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by chanh55 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:46 pm

Helder wrote:
chanh55 wrote:Wifi works now! Transferring ROMs now... 500 kb/s. :shock:

If I don't wire up a volume wheel will the sound still work? Maybe through the headphone jack and HDMI?
No unless you use some wires in the pot pads, go look 3 pages back to see the diagram @Mischief made.
Like this? I matched the color too just to be sure. :D
Attachments
1.png
1.png (5.52 MiB) Viewed 8903 times

bassholio

Post by bassholio » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:03 pm

Yes
- Seth
-------------------
RetroHandhelds

paeblits

AIO 2.2 - No Audio

Post by paeblits » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:52 pm

I'm so close to finishing the build w the AIO 2.2. Everything works except audio. I get nothing out of the speaker, but when I plug in headphones I get a lot of loud static noise.

I've done/tried the following:
1. wired it up based on the wiring diagrams on another post. See image for reference.
2. updated my /boot/config.txt to contain

Code: Select all

max_usb_current=1
dtoverlay=pwm-2chan,pin=18,func=2,pin2=13,func2=4
disable_audio_dither=1
3. changing audio options in Emulation Station

I haven't:
1. modified /boot/cmdline.txt because I don't know if I need to yet.

I apologize for my terrible solder skills. Please see images below for how I have my wiring set up.

JTR91

Post by JTR91 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:26 pm

@paeblits: use thet 2 files provided in the first post.

I used a shielded usb-cable to hook up the switch to the pi but still no usb 2.0 wifi. Did anybody managed to get this working?

Also when i plug in hdmi to the pi zero, the the screen with the analog video turns off, but my tv still gets no signal. Any ideas, guys? i already tried several configs but not luck there. Strange thing: Same retropie-image, same sd card with a pi a+ works perfektly on hdmi T_T

paeblits

Post by paeblits » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:11 pm

JTR91 wrote:@paeblits: use thet 2 files provided in the first post.
Just tried it and it did not work. What's odd is that my USB devices stopped being detected too. Once I reverted back to the original config.txt and cmdline.txt my USB devices worked again. I'm reverting for now.

chanh55

Post by chanh55 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:29 pm

Both wires on my speaker is white... Which one is positive or it doesn't matter?

paeblits

Post by paeblits » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:52 pm

chanh55 wrote:Both wires on my speaker is white... Which one is positive or it doesn't matter?
It does matter. I used the video to see which is positive and which is negative.

shozumi@gmail.com

Re: AIO 2.2 - No Audio

Post by shozumi@gmail.com » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:04 pm

2 things I see from your pic.

1) On your volume wheel Pot 1 - 4 wires are reversed. This should go straight across. Not sure if this will just reverse the way you turn to lower/raise volume or if this will make it not work.
http://i.imgur.com/HmfM5Nn.jpg

2) Your PWM 0 and PWM1 wires are in the wrong pins on the RPi Zero
PW1 (your yellow wire) should be on the right column, 4th from the bottom (where you have solder)
PWM0 (your green wire) should be on left column, 6th from the top
http://i.imgur.com/YX6m9ny.jpg

chanh55

Post by chanh55 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:20 pm

paeblits wrote:
chanh55 wrote:Both wires on my speaker is white... Which one is positive or it doesn't matter?
It does matter. I used the video to see which is positive and which is negative.
Thanks! I just copied the wiring of a pic someone posted earlier and the sound works. Can barely hear it but it works...

paeblits

Re: AIO 2.2 - No Audio

Post by paeblits » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:27 pm

shozumi@gmail.com wrote: 1) On your volume wheel Pot 1 - 4 wires are reversed. This should go straight across. Not sure if this will just reverse the way you turn to lower/raise volume or if this will make it not work.
http://i.imgur.com/HmfM5Nn.jpg
I blindly wired them like you said and how it is shown in the video and it worked. This still confuses me because other wiring diagrams show the pins going to different places on the volume wheel.

shozumi@gmail.com wrote: 2) Your PWM 0 and PWM1 wires are in the wrong pins on the RPi Zero
PW1 (your yellow wire) should be on the right column, 4th from the bottom (where you have solder)
PWM0 (your green wire) should be on left column, 6th from the top
http://i.imgur.com/YX6m9ny.jpg
Thanks. I should have just followed the video more closely. I had the impression that those two rows on the pi zero were like power and ground rows.

An interesting and important note for others putting their Game Boy Zeros together. I overwrote config.txt with the one provided on the first page of this post, but I did not overwrite cmdline.txt because I found that this messed with my USB ports and did not detect my keyboard. Helder should mention this on in the first post if it isn't already.

Thank you so much to all for the support!