All in One PCB Support Thread

hueblo

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by hueblo » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:38 pm

msykos wrote:I have a simple fix for the usb issue, I wired the usb signal wires to a switch. Now I just move the switch to give usb control to the aio or the usb port. I can switch back and forth with power on, it goes from one to the other seamlessly. With the usb port active my Wi-Fi, keyboard, memory stick and usb joystick all work now. I'll just keep the switch in the battery compartment and turn the usb port on when I want to add games or scrape an image.

I see it in the picture but I need to understand, the switch allows communication from either the aio or an external usb hub right? The wifi does not work if you have the AIO hooked up to the hub along side the wifi and the usb storage? (Usb hub hooked up to the pi0 that is)

I have the targus usb hub that wermy had in his video and my wifi works if it's hooked up along side the AIO as described above.

KaiKona808

Post by KaiKona808 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:17 am

hueblo wrote:
msykos wrote:I have a simple fix for the usb issue, I wired the usb signal wires to a switch. Now I just move the switch to give usb control to the aio or the usb port. I can switch back and forth with power on, it goes from one to the other seamlessly. With the usb port active my Wi-Fi, keyboard, memory stick and usb joystick all work now. I'll just keep the switch in the battery compartment and turn the usb port on when I want to add games or scrape an image.

I see it in the picture but I need to understand, the switch allows communication from either the aio or an external usb hub right? The wifi does not work if you have the AIO hooked up to the hub along side the wifi and the usb storage? (Usb hub hooked up to the pi0 that is)

I have the targus usb hub that wermy had in his video and my wifi works if it's hooked up along side the AIO as described above.
Works like you described. The switch will allow you to flip between the AIO when you want to game and a hub when you need to use wifi/keyboard to work in the Pi0. A quick workaround for those of us still having issues getting the AIO with a hub wired to it to work nicely with wifi. For some adding a couple lines of code and twisting the data wires worked. Others are still having issues getting wifi to work when the AIO is wired to a hub. Helder's new 2.0 board includes an EMI filter to help rid the noise issue plaguing the v1.4 board.

xne0n

Helder's GBZ AIO PCB v1.4 Issue

Post by xne0n » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:18 pm

Hi everyone,
I properly received the GBZ AIO PCB v1.4 from Helder but I've some issues with it :

I'm at the beginning of my Game Boy Zero Build
So I only wired up the "USB From Pi Zero" of the AIO to the OTG of the Pi to test the controls, and nothing else, but it wasn't working.

So then I've test the conductivity with my multimeter , I don't know if it's normal but there is conductivity with the following pin :

GND <=> D +
GND <=> D -
GND <=> 5V
D - <=> D +
D+ <=> 5V

So maybe the problem come from this ?
Can you help me ?

I already email Helder but since is very busy I wanted to ask you guys if maybe the problem come from a mistake that I've made :? .

PS : Sorry for my English I'm just a nineteen year's old french guy that loves electronics :D

KaiKona808

Re: Helder's GBZ AIO PCB v1.4 Issue

Post by KaiKona808 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:44 pm

xne0n wrote:Hi everyone,
I properly received the GBZ AIO PCB v1.4 from Helder but I've some issues with it :

I'm at the beginning of my Game Boy Zero Build
So I only wired up the "USB From Pi Zero" of the AIO to the OTG of the Pi to test the controls, and nothing else, but it wasn't working.

So then I've test the conductivity with my multimeter , I don't know if it's normal but there is conductivity with the following pin :

GND <=> D +
GND <=> D -
GND <=> 5V
D - <=> D +
D+ <=> 5V

So maybe the problem come from this ?
Can you help me ?

I already email Helder but since is very busy I wanted to ask you guys if maybe the problem come from a mistake that I've made :? .

PS : Sorry for my English I'm just a nineteen year's old french guy that loves electronics :D
If you share a pic of your wiring that might help diagnose. Sometimes it is something simple that is missed. One of my biggest issues getting the Pi to recognize the AIO was a corrupt Retropie image on my SD card.

msykos

Post by msykos » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:36 am

To test your board just hook up like this.
Green to D+ and PP22
White to D- and PP23
Red to 5v and PP1
Black to GND and PP6
Plug your power cable into the pi, then program the button layout.
That's all I have wired except for the volume wheel and head phone jack.
You will need to hookup a micro HDMI to the pi and tv to see anything.
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-09-26-11-24-22.png
Screenshot_2016-09-26-11-24-22.png (584.71 KiB) Viewed 9425 times
20160924_135554.jpg
20160924_135554.jpg (5.94 MiB) Viewed 9425 times

SwingeyP

Post by SwingeyP » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:40 am

A quick question.

I have my GBZ all wired up and everything seems to work ok so far.
I am now focusing on audio. At present I have no sound. I don't have the volume wheel but I remember reading somewhere you could just link this out.

Can you tell me what the links are? Like pot1 to pot 3, pot 2 to pot 4???? etc.... I tried to find the thread but couldn't.

I have added the line to config.txt for PWM and wired up the jack and speaker as per the wiring diagrams.

Regards - Paul
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[color=#8000BF][b][size=85]https://www. ... b][/color][/size][/size]

hueblo

Post by hueblo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:30 am

SwingeyP wrote:A quick question.

I have my GBZ all wired up and everything seems to work ok so far.
I am now focusing on audio. At present I have no sound. I don't have the volume wheel but I remember reading somewhere you could just link this out.

Can you tell me what the links are? Like pot1 to pot 3, pot 2 to pot 4???? etc.... I tried to find the thread but couldn't.

I have added the line to config.txt for PWM and wired up the jack and speaker as per the wiring diagrams.

Regards - Paul
If I'm not mistaken you short pot 2 to pot 3 and short pot 1 to pot 4. Hook up the speaker - to switch and speaker + to either left or right.

DarrylUK

Post by DarrylUK » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:21 am

I have a bit of a peculiar problem. I had a working pot, then I broke a leg off when manhandling it. I've put a new one on and I don't get volume control, then I've replaced again and again, no luck.

The sound works fine and sounds great. I'm just wondering if there is anything else I could have done to cause the pot not to work. I suppose I may have 3 bad pots but it seems unlikely. I'll test the pots standalone when I can to rule that out but I thought I'd ask.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:10 pm

DarrylUK wrote:I have a bit of a peculiar problem. I had a working pot, then I broke a leg off when manhandling it. I've put a new one on and I don't get volume control, then I've replaced again and again, no luck.

The sound works fine and sounds great. I'm just wondering if there is anything else I could have done to cause the pot not to work. I suppose I may have 3 bad pots but it seems unlikely. I'll test the pots standalone when I can to rule that out but I thought I'd ask.
Maybe the pinout is different from the first one you had? Have a datasheet for it?
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

DarrylUK

Post by DarrylUK » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:55 pm

I'll have a look. It was a pack of 5 which is strange.