All in One PCB Support Thread

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by Helder » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:12 pm

day wrote:
Helder wrote:First post explained how to get wifi working but just solder a wire to each of the 22 ohm resistors. They are the located right above the atmega32U4 chip on the far right of the components there.

I'll post a picture soon.

Hey Helder !
Sorry, was this for jsawhite or for me ?
Also, on the picture you posted, basically you mean two wires, one from the D+ and one from the D- (that are on the far right usb) ?
Why is the 5v in read ? And this will fix wifi for everyone you mean ?

Thanks !
The diagram wasn't for you but the USB fix was as well, have socket on the board or use wires to a socket then plug in a keyboard. If you did the usb fix not all keyboard will work for you in this mode unfortunately and check that you don't have a short of some kind and that the power supply might not be outputting enough power for all of this.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Mad_Duke

Post by Mad_Duke » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:36 am

Hi Helder!

I have a short question. I'm using a Raspberry Pi3 and I have the audio out of course. Can you tell me where can I solder it directly to the AiO board so that I skip the PWM but still use the amplifier and, pots for volume controls etc. It's your 1.4version.

I've put everything inside. Now just need to solder the things and that's it. Can't wait (finally... :)

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:54 pm

Mad_Duke wrote:Hi Helder!

I have a short question. I'm using a Raspberry Pi3 and I have the audio out of course. Can you tell me where can I solder it directly to the AiO board so that I skip the PWM but still use the amplifier and, pots for volume controls etc. It's your 1.4version.

I've put everything inside. Now just need to solder the things and that's it. Can't wait (finally... :)
Wire the Right output to the Volume Wheel pin 1 and Left output to Volume Wheel pin 2. You can wire everything else as in the wiring diagrams on first post links.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Mad_Duke

Post by Mad_Duke » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:54 pm

Helder wrote:
Mad_Duke wrote:Hi Helder!

Wire the Right output to the Volume Wheel pin 1 and Left output to Volume Wheel pin 2. You can wire everything else as in the wiring diagrams on first post links.
So Pot 1 and Pot 2 it is. Thanks a lot ;)

ocmoho

Post by ocmoho » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:44 pm

Tried all the fixes, nothing works. Kinda sucks not being able to use my AIO because of the USB issues, wouldnt have ordered if i had known that there was this much trouble just getting some devices to work at all, much less 1.1 speeds.

msykos

Post by msykos » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:47 pm

I feel your pain, and the new board has the same issues, saw a post were Helder said the chip he used does not play nice with the pi, asked what people wanted to do, wait for a new chip or put up with a product that does not work as it was intended. Nobody really complained so he used the same chip.
I added a switch( located in the upper left part of the battery compartment) to the usb wiring from the pi, so I could send the signal were it needs to go: either the aio or the upper usb hub. For me my usb key board did still work with the usb from the aio so I added a second usb hub to the battery compartment.
With the switch up I only get usb to the usb hub(aio not connected) this way all my usb devises work, keyboard, Wi-Fi and memory stick.
Down position I get usb to the aio and the hub in the battery compartment, that way I can use the keyboard to map the aio keys in the mame games.
Attachments
20160920_165734.jpg
20160920_165734.jpg (5.41 MiB) Viewed 8608 times
20161009_231116.jpg
20161009_231116.jpg (6.15 MiB) Viewed 8608 times

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:40 am

Everyone who complained about the fixes not working often didn't follow the directions or used in compatible wifi cards and keyboards but once they did follow directions it often worked.

It's true not all keyboards work and not all wifi cards work then again not all usb hubs work 100% either (blame it on the Pi) but I've had success along with many others with the 1.1 speed fix.

jeff_lequeux

Post by jeff_lequeux » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:50 am

Hello, I'm struggling with audio: I cant't get any sound.
I edit my config.txt and add : dtoverlay=pwm-2chan,pin=18,func=2,pin2=13,func2=4
My wiring seems good:

Do you have any ideas how to get audio?

msykos

Post by msykos » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:52 am

I had to make that line of text its own line, not add it to the end. Then my audio worked fine. Hopefully that helps. You can also try just wiring up the speaker to make sure the issue is not in the jack.
Attachments
20160924_153025.jpg
20160924_153025.jpg (5.94 MiB) Viewed 8504 times

jeff_lequeux

Post by jeff_lequeux » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:11 am

the dtoverlay line is already on it's own line....
I also try to change the jack for the original GB GMG one, with no luck :(
I also try to change the volume wheel for the original GB GMG one, with still no luck :(