All in One PCB Support Thread

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by Helder » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:22 pm

bassholio wrote:the sound is up in ES. What is the audio output that should be selected? 3.5mm? I nixed the ground. Still nothing.
Take the SD card and put it in a PC and put the 2 files from the links in the first post and overwrite the ones you edited. I think there might be an issue with how they are edited since the wiring looks ok now.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

bassholio

Post by bassholio » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:59 pm

I'll try it tonight. Thanks. I had tried that before and when shutting down it asked for a password.
- Seth
-------------------
RetroHandhelds

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:34 am

Got my aio today and all is working had an issue with wifi but added “dwc_otg.speed=1” (without quotes) to cmdline.txt and that sorted it and best of all my old Microsoft wireless keyboard still worked :D

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:15 am

One thing I have noticed on mine is that I had to turn the volume up to 100 in alsamixer to get sound it's still a little quiet but not too quiet, will be trying the volume in retroarch and see if that helps.

Dukana

Post by Dukana » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:22 am

What is this for?
1478960224132-1004085764.jpg
VCC JP2
1478960224132-1004085764.jpg (1.9 MiB) Viewed 8812 times

rdazjeff

Post by rdazjeff » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:12 am

Dukana wrote:What is this for? 1478960224132-1004085764.jpg
Program the Atmega !

hesh.monster

Post by hesh.monster » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:57 pm

IMG_20161112_184802.jpg
IMG_20161112_184802.jpg (2.31 MiB) Viewed 8792 times
Just got my board today and it looks great except for the damage caused by the postal service :x Is this salvageable? I have soldering experience but when they popped the jack off its pulled a couple traces loose as well.

Edit: I looked closer and it's actually pulled the copper portion clean off the board too...

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:20 am

Not sure this is an issue but the sound is rather quiet on the speaker side I have turned the volume in alsamixer up to 100 and it's ok but too quiet when the tv or other noises in the area of play, when using the headphones it is really loud, I have changed the speaker just in case but still the same, any way of fixing/boosting the sound from the speaker?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:43 am

hesh.monster wrote:IMG_20161112_184802.jpg
Just got my board today and it looks great except for the damage caused by the postal service :x Is this salvageable? I have soldering experience but when they popped the jack off its pulled a couple traces loose as well.

Edit: I looked closer and it's actually pulled the copper portion clean off the board too...
It is salvageable and I have posted an image at the end of the fist post with points on where to solder to. Also if you scrape the races you can solder to them which I circled in Orange.

Mischief wrote:Not sure this is an issue but the sound is rather quiet on the speaker side I have turned the volume in alsamixer up to 100 and it's ok but too quiet when the tv or other noises in the area of play, when using the headphones it is really loud, I have changed the speaker just in case but still the same, any way of fixing/boosting the sound from the speaker?
I used 200 ohm resistors to quiet the speaker and headphone just slightly because the headphones were really loud but it also affects the speaker. It sounded fine for me but if it sounds too low replace the resistors circled in green with 10ohm resistors, they can be normal through hole resistors.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:15 am

Helder wrote:
hesh.monster wrote:IMG_20161112_184802.jpg

It is salvageable and I have posted an image at the end of the fist post with points on where to solder to. Also if you scrape the races you can solder to them which I circled in Orange.

Mischief wrote:Not sure this is an issue but the sound is rather quiet on the speaker side I have turned the volume in alsamixer up to 100 and it's ok but too quiet when the tv or other noises in the area of play, when using the headphones it is really loud, I have changed the speaker just in case but still the same, any way of fixing/boosting the sound from the speaker?
I used 200 ohm resistors to quiet the speaker and headphone just slightly because the headphones were really loud but it also affects the speaker. It sounded fine for me but if it sounds too low replace the resistors circled in green with 10ohm resistors, they can be normal through hole resistors.
Thanks will give it a go :D