All in One PCB Support Thread

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by Helder » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:51 pm

doomydoomer wrote:First off, Helder - amazing work with this board. This isn't my first electronics/Raspberry Pi project but this has been the easiest thanks to this AIO. Unfortunately, I'm having a dreaded WiFi adapter problem that seems outside the norm and I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction.

Problem:
When my WiFi adapter is connected, it's causing a constant underrun in the alsa lib. On boot, a start job has issues raising the network, eventually fails, and boots into Emu Station. In the RetroPie WiFi setup, no Access Point is listed (obviously since the network couldn't be raise on boot) and the adapter isn't connected to the previously setup Access Point.

Here's the terminal error that constantly runs:
alsa lib pcm.c:7843:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred

Things I've tried:
  • I've moved the WiFi adapter to each USB port (1-3) - no change.
  • Tested each USB port with my Logitech Keyboard - they all work with my keyboard.
  • Tested the WiFi adapter in another Pi (Pi3 in my PiStation project) - works.
  • Searched this thread and forum for similar issues - surprisingly none.
  • Searched google for known issues with Ralink RT5370 interfering with alsa lib - nada
Important info:
I'm using a Canakit USB dongle that's really a Ralink RT5370. This adapter was purposely setup before I started the project and was working before I even got the AIO. I've also made sure to set USB to 1.1 in the cmdline.txt file and max USB in the config.txt file. All soldering points are correct, all soldering points are solid (no breaks or shite solder points), and Data wires are twisted and shielded. The AIO Hub is confirmed to work with my USB Logitech Keyboard without issue.

Any help is appreciated.
Pictures help as many people assume all is good but you never know and instead of editing the files for USB 1.1 use the files I have on the bottom of the first post. If there is a space missing or in the wrong place it won't work properly.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

doomydoomer

Post by doomydoomer » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:33 pm

Helder wrote:If there is a space missing or in the wrong place it won't work properly.
Yup, that's what it was. I had a line break (new line) in the cmdline.txt file for the USB speed. Thanks Helder.

chanh55

Post by chanh55 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi Helder,

My volume wheel only has 3 pins, will this work with your board or do I need to get a 5 pin one?

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:54 pm

chanh55 wrote:Hi Helder,

My volume wheel only has 3 pins, will this work with your board or do I need to get a 5 pin one?
3 pin is mono you need a 5 pin

chanh55

Post by chanh55 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:30 pm

Board isn't reading usb stick? Can't transfer ROMs... Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:41 am

chanh55 wrote:Board isn't reading usb stick? Can't transfer ROMs... Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Use wifi as it's faster and easier with the usb 1.1. You can get those mini usb wifi cards for $7 or less on ebay or Amazon.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

chanh55

Post by chanh55 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:23 am

Helder wrote:
chanh55 wrote:Board isn't reading usb stick? Can't transfer ROMs... Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Use wifi as it's faster and easier with the usb 1.1. You can get those mini usb wifi cards for $7 or less on ebay or Amazon.
I got a couple wifi dongles sitting around. When I plug them in the keyboard and gamepad stops working. Usb workaround?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:38 am

chanh55 wrote:
Helder wrote:
I got a couple wifi dongles sitting around. When I plug them in the keyboard and gamepad stops working. Usb workaround?
Did you use the files I posted on the first post of the thread? Logitech keyboards work fine on 2.0 mode and 1.1 so try using one of those branded keyboards.

chanh55

Post by chanh55 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:05 pm

Wifi works now! Transferring ROMs now... 500 kb/s. :shock:

If I don't wire up a volume wheel will the sound still work? Maybe through the headphone jack and HDMI?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:21 pm

chanh55 wrote:Wifi works now! Transferring ROMs now... 500 kb/s. :shock:

If I don't wire up a volume wheel will the sound still work? Maybe through the headphone jack and HDMI?
No unless you use some wires in the pot pads, go look 3 pages back to see the diagram @Mischief made.