All in One PCB Support Thread

Mischief

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by Mischief » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:20 am

Sorry if it's been asked I have looked and couldn't find an answer, Will there be a fix for working USB 2.0 in a future revision?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:38 pm

Mischief wrote:Sorry if it's been asked I have looked and couldn't find an answer, Will there be a fix for working USB 2.0 in a future revision?
I will have to use a whole different hub chip for this to be fixed in the future, unless the Pi has updated drivers for this hub chip but as it is now the Pi is super picky on hub chips.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:31 am

Helder wrote:
Mischief wrote:Sorry if it's been asked I have looked and couldn't find an answer, Will there be a fix for working USB 2.0 in a future revision?
I will have to use a whole different hub chip for this to be fixed in the future, unless the Pi has updated drivers for this hub chip but as it is now the Pi is super picky on hub chips.
Can it be swapped with another chip? as in can I swap it for a different chip without the need to change other components?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:43 pm

Mischief wrote:
Helder wrote:
Can it be swapped with another chip? as in can I swap it for a different chip without the need to change other components?
No, each chip has it's own pinouts and required components.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

noebl1

Post by noebl1 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:54 pm

After seeing the video quality on my 640x480 display of Composite vs VGA, I really wanted to go the VGA route. However, my excitement for better video quality was soon dashed when I (sadly) realized I hit a snag as the VGA GERT 666 board takes both the PWM pins normally used for the PWM audio.

Are the PWM0 and PWM1 pins on the AIO 2.2 board just Left/Right input? I was wondering if I could get away with a cheap USB 1.1 sound card and use those connections as inputs? Thanks!

Evendrop

Post by Evendrop » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:37 pm

Hey helder, i hope you might be able to offer advice. so far I have tried everything to get the AIO 2.2 working with my pi, i have soldered and soldered until i cant solder any more. I have not been able to get the pi to recognise the AIO no matter what, I tested the board when it arrived and it worked find. I played doom and had fun with it, it worked well, the usb hub wasnt tested at that stage i will admit so i dont know if that was buggered at the start. Now the whole thing is together no matter what i try, no gamepad is detected on retropie. the wiring is fine, its the same as when it was working. ive ran through it with others and they have confirmed it is correct to your wiring diagram.

Now things i've tried after reading almost every page of this support thread:
- I have twisted the wires going between the pi and the d+ and D- on the AIO
- I have put retropie back on the sd card numerous times, 4.1 and 4.02 and 3.0. completely formatting the SD each time
- I have put ferrite beads on the data wires to reduce noise
- I am using the powerboost 1000c and it is hooked up according to yours and cambles wiring diagrams
- I have had it work for split seconds at a time but it feels like the hub or the atmega keep dropping out. I cant connect anything to the hub at all, it refuses to allow any of the keyboards ive tried work, including one of the recommended ones and nothing connects to the pi through the AIO.
- also to note i have tried resetting the retropi configurations and it works without the AIO attached with an xbox controller or a Keyboard so its definitely the AIO

tomorrow when I go to work ( i work at essentially the Australian radio shack) I'm picking up a isp programmer in an attempt to reprogram the board and see if that helps. In the mean time is there any other suggestions for things to try in order to get the pi to recognise the AIO?

thanks heaps.
Your support and work on this AIO still amazes me how much effort you put into this thing.

Cheers Even.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:47 am

Only thing that comes to mind is too much current coming into the board and the fuse tripping. Before programming it try it out on a pc through usb.

noebl1

Post by noebl1 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:36 am

@helder
I think I found the answer to my question about PWM0/1 being left/right input after doing some Google searches. Also did some basic tracing on your board, and looks like it goes to an audio amp circuit. Any issues with it been overdriven by a USB sound card? Have a couple small/cheap linux compatible ones coming in to try out. Thanks!

Metallicis

Post by Metallicis » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:12 pm

Having an issue with the pwm audio. I thought at first maybe I soldered the wires on wrong on the potentiomer but I double/triple/quadruple checked that and it seems fine. There is a low humming sound coming from the speaker that increases in volume as I turn the dial. I edited the file as directed in this thread, and still nothing. I also ensured HDMI wasn't set to override as the primary audio output. I have spent a few days now trying to trouble shoot this but to no avail.

I am using an aftermarket speaker if that matters.

Something tells me its a software issue though I am not sure about that. I wired everything up according to the wiring diagram and made SURE they are correct.

I'm using the white AIO (v2.2?).

Any help is much appreciated.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:10 pm

noebl1 wrote:@helder
I think I found the answer to my question about PWM0/1 being left/right input after doing some Google searches. Also did some basic tracing on your board, and looks like it goes to an audio amp circuit. Any issues with it been overdriven by a USB sound card? Have a couple small/cheap linux compatible ones coming in to try out. Thanks!
You can use the usb audio no problem in place of the PWM, simply solder the Left and Right to the top 2 pins on the volume wheel and the pins 3-5 go as normally in the guide on the first post.

Metallicis wrote:Having an issue with the pwm audio. I thought at first maybe I soldered the wires on wrong on the potentiomer but I double/triple/quadruple checked that and it seems fine. There is a low humming sound coming from the speaker that increases in volume as I turn the dial. I edited the file as directed in this thread, and still nothing. I also ensured HDMI wasn't set to override as the primary audio output. I have spent a few days now trying to trouble shoot this but to no avail.

I am using an aftermarket speaker if that matters.

Something tells me its a software issue though I am not sure about that. I wired everything up according to the wiring diagram and made SURE they are correct.

I'm using the white AIO (v2.2?).

Any help is much appreciated.
Please post the image of the setup you have and have you used my config file I left a link to in the bottom of the first post? Another thing to test the wiring is to omit the volume wheel and use jumper wires from RIN to ROUT and LIN to LOUT to be sure it's not the wiring, test headphones too.