All in One PCB Support Thread

144TECH

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by 144TECH » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:21 pm

Okay, i already thought that..(offcourse i meant the mono speaker output) i have alot of these volume wheels here (3 pins) and i still have such a little 2.5w amp (mono) so i guess i just pick the speaker output and connect it to the input of the mini mono amp combined with the 3 pin volume wheel. if it's gonna be crappy i'm gonna end up getting a double channel volume wheel (5pin)

Greetings
* Very Rare * GBZ 640x480 v3 Stock Looks 6000MAH
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4863

pogo

Post by pogo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:03 am

Hi all

Does anyone else have / had the problem that USB seems to work until the point where Emulation Station is loaded?
During boot, I can e.g. toggle Num Lock without issues. As soon as Emulation Station loads, Num Lock does not work anymore. During key assignment, all the buttons etc are recognized properly. But when it comes to assigning something to the unused buttons, the keyboard just does not work. Quitting ES, the keyboard again works without issues on the shell.
I've tried Retropie 4.1 and 4.0.2, with and without the config line for USB1 speed.

I really don't know what else I can try at this point, so I would be grateful for any ideas...
This is my second build, the first one works fine (though it didn't use the AOI board) so I'm not a total noob.

Thanks
Martin

noebl1

Post by noebl1 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:32 pm

@helder Just an update on my USB Audio card... works absolutely fine as you said soldering to the PWM inputs on your board. Only "issue" I found is the audio output on the speaker seems a bit low, so may pick up the adafruit amp (however enough juice left in the Adafruit Powerboost 1000C as already pushing it a bit I found with all the peripherals.) However the headphone jack is perfect so I think the alsa mixer values being maxed is working there.

For other's that go this method, make sure to mute the mic input in the alsa mixer or you'll get stray noise. :)

Evendrop

Post by Evendrop » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:48 am

Helder wrote:
Evendrop wrote:
Helder wrote:The fuse is in place after the power strip to prevent high current spikes killing parts on the board. It's rated at 500mA but has never been an issue for anyone , have you connected the board to a pc to see if it's programmed as a usb controller?
so after wiring the AIO up to a usb socket i had laying around. i tried using it from the input holes on the AIO and the output holes just in case, nothing, nothing showed up at all, only a flicker of a device not recognised. I did a current check as well on it with it plugged in via usb and on my batteries, 500mA+ again, disconnected the screen, down to 200mA, I had it plugged into my monitor via HDMI and it was still not detecting the board, not even a flicker of it working, almost like the board has its lights on but no one is home. do you suggest an attempt at reprogramming yet in case I have somehow bricked it.
I tried with the screen i have disconnected too, that didn't make a difference either current was still at ~200mA in that config too and the comp didnt pick it up either.

edit-
oh christ!!! so i just closed everything to shut down my comp. i got a million notifications of "usb not recognised"..... oops. so a reprogram is in order i suppose then, I'll update when i get the chance to reprogram if this is whats messed up on it any suggestions other than powering my screen separately from the AIO e.g. making my own power strip and have that run next to the AIO powerstrip then running the AIO from that and the screen?
Try a reprogram and also be sure the D+ and D- are wired correctly when testing the controller on a PC. If a reprogram isn't working we can arrange a swap as long as there aren't any traces or pads burned/ripped off.
alright...... so after a night of trying to get this thing working, the reprogram didnt change a thing, still nothing, seemed like the board didnt want to connect to my programmer either at first took lot of work and fiddling to have avrdude tell me the board was there. i tried using with and without the analog stick hexs, I havent tried your other method through the Aruino IDE and a usb cable stripped bare to it, but I figured as its not working after getting a full write to the chip it must just not be working. whats next?

p.s i guess I am that unlucky 1% :(

144TECH

Post by 144TECH » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:55 pm

Got the Red Board installed , gamepad buttons all working great.. now when i attach a (usb) keyboard on hub1 hub2 or 3, i get no response. if soldered directly to the pi data + and data - it works perfectly (thus having no button pcb on that moment) so if i want to make changes in raspi config or retropie, i can't connect a keyboard.
Now i know that if you want to use a wifi dongle it needs to be reprogrammed as said in your tutorial.. but a keyboard should work ?! i got 5v on the usb hub ports just measured. any help to get it to work is welcome!
I think i oversee something.. Or the whole hub doesn't work at all. i'm very dissapointed for now.

Greets

Edit: been busy with the stuff for nearly the whole day, up to the middle of the night. but it does not work.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:53 pm

Try the usb1.1fix, it should work if the keyboard is compatible with the hub. The Pi is picky on it's hubs and also the keyboards it takes through the hub. There is a list of known keyboards on the first post.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

144TECH

Post by 144TECH » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:36 pm

@ Helder,
Copied the config.txt and cmdline.txt to the sd card (old files overwritten) , tried 4 keyboards but it won't work.
I doubt it will work :shock: i can't get it to work, even one keyboard is one from the first post (the mini wireless kb)
I also powered the board correctly, and not from the pi to prevent power drops. but no i really can't get it to work.
When i plug it in i see the kb's led blinking for a second, after that it's just dead..
Any idea what to do now? and i have a question, why did you build in such a 1.1 usb and not like usb 2.0 or something i don't get that. anyway some help is welcome. but i'm afraid i have to send it to you so you can check it out.

Greets

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:44 pm

144TECH wrote:@ Helder,
Copied the config.txt and cmdline.txt to the sd card (old files overwritten) , tried 4 keyboards but it won't work.
I doubt it will work :shock: i can't get it to work, even one keyboard is one from the first post (the mini wireless kb)
I also powered the board correctly, and not from the pi to prevent power drops. but no i really can't get it to work.
When i plug it in i see the kb's led blinking for a second, after that it's just dead..
Any idea what to do now? and i have a question, why did you build in such a 1.1 usb and not like usb 2.0 or something i don't get that. anyway some help is welcome. but i'm afraid i have to send it to you so you can check it out.

Greets
Try a logitech keyboard as those seem to work no matter what,and also Rertopie 4.02 seems to be the most stable as people have had issues before and when using this version it fixed USB/Keyboard issues.

The usb hub chip was chosen because in the early hayday of the external hubs it was the most compatible people confirmed to work with but unfortunately the Pi is picky of which hub chips work properly with it and there is nothing wrong with the chip but the drivers to make this work properly. I plan to test other hub chips to see which is more compatible with the Pi but that isn't going to fix the current boards until the Pi has proper drivers or whatever it needs to work properly.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

144TECH

Post by 144TECH » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:00 pm

Okay, will try that. But if it doesn't work, is there any guarantee or something ? i'll let you know tomorrow if i succeeded, i hope so.. and really that it works with 2 usb gamepads for multiplayer.. without this it's not much fun right. Thank you for your response.

Greets :mrgreen:

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:27 pm

144TECH wrote:Okay, will try that. But if it doesn't work, is there any guarantee or something ? i'll let you know tomorrow if i succeeded, i hope so.. and really that it works with 2 usb gamepads for multiplayer.. without this it's not much fun right. Thank you for your response.

Greets :mrgreen:
If you can't make it work send it back to me and if the board isn't physically damaged I'll refund you and pass it along to someone who has more experience working with the board so it's not a total loss for either of us.