All in One PCB Support Thread

xfcrowman

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by xfcrowman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Tomatoflames wrote:
xfcrowman wrote:
144TECH wrote:I like to see that too, or a video from it.
I'm at work now, but I did take a photo of the GBZ before closing it up last night. You can't see the resistors well (they're right on top of the speaker, unfortunately), but the mini-board I made was pretty basic.

I soldered the two resistors to the perfboard - one side of the resistor went to R15 or R16. I used solder to combine the other two sides, and then ran a wire from there to "Speaker -". Hopefully this makes sense. I will try to take another photo later tonight, but then I will be giving the GBZ to my brother-in-law: it's a gift from my sister to him :)
Makes sense. I'll give it a shot and report on how it works out.

Also, I noticed your pic shows power supply to the Pi comes from the row of power pads at very bottom of the AIO. Is there a benefit to using those pads instead of how it's shown on Helders wiring diagram, using the pads further up?

Thanks
Thanks tomatoflames, I hope that it works for you too. I never needed to do this, but you might also want to try changing the audio from stereo to mono. If you want to try, add this line to /boot/config.txt:

dtoverlay=pwm,pin=18,func=2

and delete: dtoverlay=pwm-2chan,pin=18,func=2,pin2=13,func2=4

It's nice if you can have stereo, but in the end mono sound is certainly better than the choppy stuff. Lastly, I picked those bottom pads for 5V and ground out of laziness - I didn't feel like shortening the cables again :lol:

144TECH

Post by 144TECH » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:25 pm

Yes, but now you got a stereo amp that's only loaded on a single channel. it's made for stereo for the jack. fixing it in mono is an easy job but i don't think Helder built in a stereo amp to end up in mono.
Looking forward for your video.
* Very Rare * GBZ 640x480 v3 Stock Looks 6000MAH
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4863

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:26 pm

144TECH wrote:@Helder

I've dissasembled everything, and cleaned the pads.
What i've done now is, providing the board with 5volts, and connected it to my PC.
It says ''usb device found'' and then it says ''unknown device''
Ok it says now usb composite generic 2.0 hub or something, but says the hardware meight not working click here blablabl
I think it's in the hub, like i said 2 weeks ago, from there till now the same results.
I'm out of options.
anyway button keypad workss fine (teensy) and the pam works too.. thats what i know (on the zero)
but still can't connect keyboard, or copy roms or anything, maybe the pi is dead or something, if it isnt this
http://pho.to/Aap3a
The chip you used, there's an issue working with pi zero 1.2 vs 1.3 i've read this (the pm i sent you) i used a pi zero 1.2, bought a 1.3 now new pi zero, this is my last attempt. waiting for a useable answer from you. thanks
Last thing to attempt is reflow the usb hub chip to make sure there are no cold solder joints, just make sure the iron tip is nice and clean and heat each pin till you see the solder melt. Also try to reflow the small 12MHz oscillator to the top of the chip and see if that helps.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

144TECH

Post by 144TECH » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:30 pm

okay, i will give that a try. i already ordered the same chip in case it's flipping so i can replace it.
The atmega32u4 is fine, and the pam is fine. i already suspected that crystal. idk what's goin on i will fix it.
thanks for answer. it should do the trick. dont worry i can solder ipc.
I let you know when it workx.

HoarseHorace

Post by HoarseHorace » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:23 pm

xfcrowman wrote:
144TECH wrote:I like to see that too, or a video from it.
I'm at work now, but I did take a photo of the GBZ before closing it up last night. You can't see the resistors well (they're right on top of the speaker, unfortunately), but the mini-board I made was pretty basic.

I soldered the two resistors to the perfboard - one side of the resistor went to R15 or R16. I used solder to combine the other two sides, and then ran a wire from there to "Speaker -". Hopefully this makes sense. I will try to take another photo later tonight, but then I will be giving the GBZ to my brother-in-law: it's a gift from my sister to him :)
Is that:
R15 to Speaker-
R16 to Speaker+
with 75 ohm?

@144TECH
What editor are you using to modify the config/command files with? notepad was giving me all sorts of fits, with some similar problems to yours, but notepad++ seems to work without issue.

144TECH

Post by 144TECH » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:36 am

You can open it with good old wordpad if you have it, this way the txt's are presented in another way. (any other prog will be fine too) you could also download the two txt files (first page of this topic) editing them is easy.

dklutie24

Post by dklutie24 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:26 am

I cannot get any audio out of my speakers or headphone jack....

I have a picture of the wiring with pin 18 going to pmw 1 and 13 to pmw 0, and the speaker seems to be connected as well. I get no audio at all out of the speaker and i'm only getting massive static and hissing out of the headphone jack. I don't know if I messed up the wiring or what. I also changed the config file and just used [mention=]Helder[/mention] file for enabling audio on the page.

Any help would be appreciated. Everything is working perfect except for this and hoping to finish the project up by the end of the weekend!
Attachments
Photo Jan 19, 8 34 27 AM.jpg
Photo Jan 19, 8 34 27 AM.jpg (1.93 MiB) Viewed 8622 times

Francis

Post by Francis » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:34 pm

Hey, Helder. I received your board today and i have to commend you for the amazing work. This single board will save me lots of time! :D

I have a question:
Do you have a wiring diagram for pi3 instead of the pi zero? I searched the forums, but I cannot find anything. (maybe I didn't look hard enough. I apologize if that is the case.)
Again, thank you for this board!

Best regards,
Francis

dklutie24

Post by dklutie24 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:26 pm

Okay so wired up the cart reader so I could test the speakers and figure that out and now the pcb isn't being read. So not only is the speakers not working the pcb is not working anymore...

@Helder have any thoughts?!?! Really need some help here :(

Edit: Made a fresh image of retropie and now nothing will power on. I'm assuming a short on the cart reader side. Going to resolder and will give update...

New to this and really don't know too much about this and don't want to give up! Help if you can!

scgonzal

Post by scgonzal » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:49 pm

I have the latest 2.2 board with working audio and USB hub. My game pad is detected and games run fine! My only problem is that, in the retropie-setup, or any settings menu, the controls do not work. Any thoughts what this could mean?
(Sorry can't post any pictures of the board at the moment)