All in One PCB Support Thread

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by Helder » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:23 pm

dklutie24 wrote:Okay so wired up the cart reader so I could test the speakers and figure that out and now the pcb isn't being read. So not only is the speakers not working the pcb is not working anymore...

@Helder have any thoughts?!?! Really need some help here :(

Edit: Made a fresh image of retropie and now nothing will power on. I'm assuming a short on the cart reader side. Going to resolder and will give update...

New to this and really don't know too much about this and don't want to give up! Help if you can!
Installing the cart reader isn't going to make the speakers work. If you get no audio at all it's a wiring issue or a config.txt error. There is a wiring diagram on the first post of this thread that is easy to follow for wiring the audio. Check that image and compare it to your wiring.

scgonzal wrote:I have the latest 2.2 board with working audio and USB hub. My game pad is detected and games run fine! My only problem is that, in the retropie-setup, or any settings menu, the controls do not work. Any thoughts what this could mean?
(Sorry can't post any pictures of the board at the moment)
Use a keyboard while in those menus and reconfigure the controls and assign the controls to the controller. What version of Retropie are you using? Try 4.02.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

dklutie24

Post by dklutie24 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:01 am

I installed cart reader because pi was already mounted and didn't want to rip it up if I didn't have to. I have the speaker wires correctly done on the diagram and have resoldered a couple times. Could the headphone jack having a cold joint be an issue for all the audio?

As far as the config.txt to get audio to enable to I just add a line with no # and leave it? I just downloaded the config file on the support thread. Should I just add lines instead?

enemone

Post by enemone » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:59 am

enemone wrote:@helder I unfortunately stripped 2 pads from the channel inputs on the volume wheel pads on the board, and I also stripped the positive pad for the speaker. Do you know of any way that I can regain sound?

Post a picture of the damage and I'll indicate some alternate points.[/quote]

Please see the attached photos of the damaged areas
20170119_235152.jpg
Volume wheel pads damage d
20170119_235152.jpg (4.55 MiB) Viewed 7788 times
20170119_235211.jpg
Speaker positive pad damaged
20170119_235211.jpg (4.34 MiB) Viewed 7788 times

scgonzal

Post by scgonzal » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:31 am

Helder wrote:
dklutie24 wrote:Okay so wired up the cart reader so I could test the speakers and figure that out and now the pcb isn't being read. So not only is the speakers not working the pcb is not working anymore...

@Helder have any thoughts?!?! Really need some help here :(

Edit: Made a fresh image of retropie and now nothing will power on. I'm assuming a short on the cart reader side. Going to resolder and will give update...

New to this and really don't know too much about this and don't want to give up! Help if you can!
Installing the cart reader isn't going to make the speakers work. If you get no audio at all it's a wiring issue or a config.txt error. There is a wiring diagram on the first post of this thread that is easy to follow for wiring the audio. Check that image and compare it to your wiring.

scgonzal wrote:I have the latest 2.2 board with working audio and USB hub. My game pad is detected and games run fine! My only problem is that, in the retropie-setup, or any settings menu, the controls do not work. Any thoughts what this could mean?
(Sorry can't post any pictures of the board at the moment)
Use a keyboard while in those menus and reconfigure the controls and assign the controls to the controller. What version of Retropie are you using? Try 4.02.
I currently am using 4.02 and have reflashed the image. Sorry, I'm a noob, but when I get into the settings with the keyboard, do i put in a command to change the configuration? Or is there a specific settings menu to go to, to change the button configurations to the gameboy?

biokenx

Post by biokenx » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:10 pm

because my aio 2.0 gamepad disconnects after 5 minutes while playing?

dklutie24

Post by dklutie24 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Still needing some help with this audio issue. I'm not entirely sure how to check for shorts with a multimeter. Could someone give me some instruction on how to do so???

I also accidently pressed my finger up against the c7 capacitor while the unit was on and running and it made the hissing stop. With that information I'm assuming it would be a short. But again don't know how to check. Can anybody help with the information provided about how to find it or because of the capacitor.

Please help @Helder! This is the only thing I need to fix for the project to be done!
Last edited by dklutie24 on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

blameblaine

Post by blameblaine » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:26 am

@helder

The newest board just arrived, and I've completed another build with the vga screen! I have one question about the board and the button presses. When pressing almost all of the buttons, they seem slightly unresponsive. To get actions to occur, I have to make sure to press down hard to guarantee a response. Have you heard of this issue before? I've looked all over the forums, but I never see anything about the responsiveness of the button presses.

I'll try to just clean the board and buttons with isopropyl alcohol, but please advise on any other methods!

Thanks for everything!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:06 pm

dklutie24 wrote:Still needing some help with this audio issue. I'm not entirely sure how to check for shorts with a multimeter. Could someone give me some instruction on how to do so???

I also accidently pressed my finger up against the c7 capacitor while the unit was on and running and it made the hissing stop. With that information I'm assuming it would be a short. But again don't know how to check. Can anybody help with the information provided about how to find it or because of the capacitor.

Please help @Helder! This is the only thing I need to fix for the project to be done!
Could be a cold solder joint, try reheating each side of the capacitor on C7 and see if that fixes it.
blameblaine wrote:@helder

The newest board just arrived, and I've completed another build with the vga screen! I have one question about the board and the button presses. When pressing almost all of the buttons, they seem slightly unresponsive. To get actions to occur, I have to make sure to press down hard to guarantee a response. Have you heard of this issue before? I've looked all over the forums, but I never see anything about the responsiveness of the button presses.

I'll try to just clean the board and buttons with isopropyl alcohol, but please advise on any other methods!

Thanks for everything!
I replied to you in a PM but to those wondering it's likely the button membranes on the X and Y overhanging into the screen frame, most people cut a part of the top of the membrane to fix this issue.
biokenx wrote:because my aio 2.0 gamepad disconnects after 5 minutes while playing?
Try Retropie 4.02 and also what power supply board and battery are you using? Could be dips in power that causes a disconnect and also excessive heat near the Atmega32u4 chip.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:50 pm

enemone wrote:
enemone wrote:@helder I unfortunately stripped 2 pads from the channel inputs on the volume wheel pads on the board, and I also stripped the positive pad for the speaker. Do you know of any way that I can regain sound?

Here you go, all alternate points for the audio circuit.

enemone

Post by enemone » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:49 am

OMG! Thank you @helder! This is great, now I can finish my project! Lol

Helder wrote:
enemone wrote:

Here you go, all alternate points for the audio circuit.