All in One PCB Support Thread

Xorfora

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by Xorfora » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:35 pm

Helder wrote:
Xorfora wrote:@Helder I sent you a PM but it doesnt look like its going through. Was you able to watch the video to see what I mean about C7?
Please have a little patience I have tons of PMs to go through daily and I'm now sitting down to look at things. I will have a response for you later or early tomorrow.
I completely understand.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:35 pm

Helder wrote:
Xorfora wrote:@Helder I sent you a PM but it doesnt look like its going through. Was you able to watch the video to see what I mean about C7?
Please have a little patience I have tons of PMs to go through daily and I'm now sitting down to look at things. I will have a response for you later or early tomorrow.
But the cap is not grounded so like I said it's probably a bad value cap and if you have any low value ceramic caps like the small radial ones

you can remove that cap (just apply heat to one side of it for a bit till it comes right off the board) and use another lower value cap it will probably fix the issue. I can also send you the proper value caps so you can solder in yourself.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Xorfora

Post by Xorfora » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:49 pm

Helder wrote:
Helder wrote:
But the cap is not grounded so like I said it's probably a bad value cap and if you have any low value ceramic caps like the small radial ones

you can remove that cap (just apply heat to one side of it for a bit till it comes right off the board) and use another lower value cap it will probably fix the issue. I can also send you the proper value caps so you can solder in yourself.

I suppose I could try that but is there anyway we could swap boards? As in I could send you this one back and you could send me one of the repaired ones? I don't have any of those caps, and soldering those kind of components to me are a little daunting. I'm decent enough at soldering to be comfortable doing this project but kind of nervous about soldering a cap on.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:52 pm

Xorfora wrote:
Helder wrote:
Helder wrote: Please have a little patience I have tons of PMs to go through daily and I'm now sitting down to look at things. I will have a response for you later or early tomorrow.

I suppose I could try that but is there anyway we could swap boards? As in I could send you this one back and you could send me one of the repaired ones? I don't have any of those caps, and soldering those kind of components to me are a little daunting. I'm decent enough at soldering to be comfortable doing this project but kind of nervous about soldering a cap on.
Sure send it back to me and I'll send you another and I'll also verify the actual value of that cap to be sure that is the reason behind the audio issues.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Xorfora

Post by Xorfora » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:56 pm

Helder wrote:
Xorfora wrote:
Helder wrote: But the cap is not grounded so like I said it's probably a bad value cap and if you have any low value ceramic caps like the small radial ones

Sure send it back to me and I'll send you another and I'll also verify the actual value of that cap to be sure that is the reason behind the audio issues.

Thanks so much!

rogersouza

Post by rogersouza » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:34 am

rogersouza wrote:@Helder

Hello, everyone.

I've just got my PCB but I don't have my volume wheel yet.
Can I still get sound on the speaker without it?

Finally, based on my pic, which config should I use when I get the volume wheel?
Can you see any mistakes on my wiring?

- dtoverlay=pwm-2chan,pin=18,func=2,pin2=13,func2=4

- dtoverlay=pwm,pin=18,func=2

- dtoverlay=pwm,pin=13,func=4

Or another one?

Thanks a lot
Helder wrote:@rogersouza

I answered the speaker issues numerous times in this thread and it's probably 5 pages back so have a look for the jumper wires you need to do.

First post also has the config.txt plus the exact line to use for PWM audio which should be the first line above.

Im sorry, @Helder but I've tried everything you could imagine. I am on this fro the last 2 months, so believe me, I've read LOTS of pages here, youtube, etc etc etc. I also was building a Game Boy Zero from scratch with Game Boy parts, so with your board should be easier, I thought. Unfortunately is not :(

And you did not answer my questions about (can I use/try the audio from your PCB without the volume wheel?

I have installed Retropie, Recalbox and changed the config and cmdline with the files you've provided on the first page and NO SOUND WHATSOEVER. Tried 3 different speakers as well.

Also, I spot a extra "leg" on the jack conector you've sent me. It has 6 pin, and not 5 as I've seen here on this forum. Is that right?

Please, I need really your help as, BELIEVE, I tried everything I could to get this f* audio from rasp zero. I am about to give up :(

If someone else have experienced the same issue, please let me know.

Thanks a lot
Attachments
FullSizeRender 28.jpg
FullSizeRender 28.jpg (1.8 MiB) Viewed 7540 times
FullSizeRender 30.jpg
FullSizeRender 30.jpg (3.57 MiB) Viewed 7540 times

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:22 am

Apparently you didn't look hard enough, go to page 45 to the 2nd post. The first picture is how to wire it up if there is no volume wheel.

Miogui

Post by Miogui » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:56 pm

Hi helder,

First of all, thank you for this board.

Everything works except the sound.
I've got exactly the same issue as Tomatoflames and xfcrowman.
When I plug an headphone I've got a clear sound, but when this is unplugged I've got no sound on my speaker.

I've tried 3 different speaker from adafruit, and also confirmed they work by directly map them on the headphone output.

I've also tried to replace the 2 resistor by a 75ohm ... Nothing work.

Is there a reason for explaining that the amp doesn't work without headphone...
And yes I've already read all post concerning the 2.2A.

Could you share with us the schematics of this board, or do I need to reverse engineering this board and share with all my schematics...

I'm an electronic engineer, and for it's impossible to expirement some workaround without schematics.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:40 pm

rogersouza wrote: Also, I spot a extra "leg" on the jack conector you've sent me. It has 6 pin, and not 5 as I've seen here on this forum. Is that right?

Please, I need really your help as, BELIEVE, I tried everything I could to get this f* audio from rasp zero. I am about to give up :(

If someone else have experienced the same issue, please let me know.

Thanks a lot
Miogui wrote:Hi helder,

First of all, thank you for this board.

Everything works except the sound.
I've got exactly the same issue as Tomatoflames and xfcrowman.
When I plug an headphone I've got a clear sound, but when this is unplugged I've got no sound on my speaker.

I've tried 3 different speaker from adafruit, and also confirmed they work by directly map them on the headphone output.

I've also tried to replace the 2 resistor by a 75ohm ... Nothing work.

Is there a reason for explaining that the amp doesn't work without headphone...
And yes I've already read all post concerning the 2.2A.

Could you share with us the schematics of this board, or do I need to reverse engineering this board and share with all my schematics...

I'm an electronic engineer, and for it's impossible to expirement some workaround without schematics.

Shit this might be the issue with the speaker, I had a huge bag of left over sockets for the headphone from the last order from the manufacturer but upon further inspection it has 6 legs like yours and without the correct socket the speaker audio will likely not work which is the issue many of you are having.

The socket is PJ-328 and I will have to order a bunch and send you a new one once they arrive unless you can order 1 for yourself from some online retailer. Anyone having speaker issues please check the headphone socket if it's 5 pin or 6 pin and let me know in a PM so I can get a list going of who will need a replacement.

Try to bridge these 2 pins and see if it makes the speaker work.

jellybelly

Post by jellybelly » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:18 am

Both my boards have a 6pin socket