All in One PCB Support Thread

Treguard

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by Treguard » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:31 pm

Helder wrote:
Treguard wrote:
Helder wrote: I honestly have no idea why this hub chip has such issues when I have seen so many usb hub boards for the pi use the same exact chip and schematic. It must be the Retropie or something as I'm assuming people use those hubs on Raspian or some other Pi specific OS.
It's ok don't worry - I didn't think to try an alternative to Retropie. Any thoughts on the couple of ideas/suggestions I had would be most welcomed :)
There is Lakka which has some nice updates and style similar to the PS3/PSP also RecallBox is another alternative.
Thanks. Should i wire up the volume pot and also do the rubber button pads have to be physically touching the aio for it to be recognised?

Will try Recallbox and report back :)

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:54 pm

Treguard wrote:
Helder wrote:
Treguard wrote:
It's ok don't worry - I didn't think to try an alternative to Retropie. Any thoughts on the couple of ideas/suggestions I had would be most welcomed :)
There is Lakka which has some nice updates and style similar to the PS3/PSP also RecallBox is another alternative.
Thanks. Should i wire up the volume pot and also do the rubber button pads have to be physically touching the aio for it to be recognised?

Yes wire the volume wheel and for the silicone pads they are there to register the button presses so it's wise to use them otherwise how can you program the buttons?
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:56 pm

Helder wrote:
Treguard wrote:
Helder wrote: There is Lakka which has some nice updates and style similar to the PS3/PSP also RecallBox is another alternative.

Yes wire the volume wheel and for the silicone pads they are there to register the button presses so it's wise to use them otherwise how can you program the buttons?
Apologies I just meant getting retropie/recalbox to recognise a gamepad being connected (before getting to the stage of programming the buttons :)

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:09 pm

Treguard wrote:
Helder wrote:
Treguard wrote:

Apologies I just meant getting retropie/recalbox to recognise a gamepad being connected (before getting to the stage of programming the buttons :)
You install it to the Pi USB pads and power it and then it should be good to go. :oops:

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

a3k4

Post by a3k4 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:54 pm

Hi @Helder, hope this hasn't already been answered, I looked through and didn't find anything.

I properly programmed my AIO via USBasp, yet I can't get my computer to recognize the board when I connect it directly through the "USB from Pi Zero" pins. My Pi isn't finding it either, but what concerns me is that I can't even get a computer to see it.

Any thoughts? I've checked and D+ (white), D- (green), 5v, and GND are all going to the right places. I tried flashing the board again and no luck. Having this challenge with two AIO boards. It's probably something simple but I don't know what.

Thanks!
My wiring diagrams and schematics for Helder's boards and graceful shutdowns.

enemone

Post by enemone » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:34 pm

@HELDER

Do you have a working MAME control config file? I cant program the buttons in the mame gen input ui with this board. It will only allow me to config the start and select, doesnt recognize a damn thing with the other inputs.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:01 am

a3k4 wrote:Hi @Helder, hope this hasn't already been answered, I looked through and didn't find anything.

I properly programmed my AIO via USBasp, yet I can't get my computer to recognize the board when I connect it directly through the "USB from Pi Zero" pins. My Pi isn't finding it either, but what concerns me is that I can't even get a computer to see it.

Any thoughts? I've checked and D+ (white), D- (green), 5v, and GND are all going to the right places. I tried flashing the board again and no luck. Having this challenge with two AIO boards. It's probably something simple but I don't know what.

Thanks!
Reflow the 12mhz resonator and reflow the usb hub chip pins if that didn't fix it.

enemone wrote:@HELDER

Do you have a working MAME control config file? I cant program the buttons in the mame gen input ui with this board. It will only allow me to config the start and select, doesnt recognize a damn thing with the other inputs.
Never used Mame with the Pi so not sure, you could try to set it up for a keyboard using the keyboard sketch or hex file.

You could also try Sotasystem's controller sketches which I edited his files to work with my board and posted them in his thread.

a3k4

Post by a3k4 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:08 pm

@Helder, I ended up reflowing both, possibly causing damage instead of fixing anything, but it's hard to say.
Image.
My USB is still not picking it up - I also re-did the USB wire to eliminate that as the issue.

Any thoughts at this point? Am I just over my head?
My wiring diagrams and schematics for Helder's boards and graceful shutdowns.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:28 pm

Ship it back to me and I'll fix it and send it back.

xfcrowman

Post by xfcrowman » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:29 pm

Hi Helder, I am nearly finished with building my third GBZ and I ran into some strange problems:

-There's a problem with my A and B buttons - a press to either one is registered to the same button, so I can't separately map A and B. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the sketch or with the board. All the other buttons seem to be working fine.

-Only one of the ports on the USB hub seems to be working. I had wired up an internal one for bluetooth, but nothing gets detected on it. I removed it, checked the connections to the female USB port, and then resoldered, but no luck.

The board seems to have had some soldering done and there are a few capacitors missing - I'm attaching photos of how it looks. Could this be related to the problems described above?
IMG_1991.jpg
IMG_1991.jpg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 9066 times
IMG_1993.jpg
IMG_1993.jpg (1.71 MiB) Viewed 9066 times
IMG_1994.jpg
IMG_1994.jpg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 9066 times