All in One PCB Support Thread

cobramike

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by cobramike » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:47 pm

Helders board is already a usb hub. Connect d- d+ in the middle to the pi. And then you have 3 usb ports.
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:48 pm

Check also if your usb hubs on the board have 5v if not. Then your usb is not working
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

Mike-Zulu

Post by Mike-Zulu » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:15 pm

Hi you you guys! Now I tested a fresh image without the config.txt and cmdline.txt from here (just the originals) and then the USB ports worked. I plugged in a joystick - that worked fine. And then an usb stick blut is was flashing and flashing ... then I shut down system (by software) and after rebooting startet an error occured. Now I try another new image :((((((((((

Mike-Zulu

Post by Mike-Zulu » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:48 pm

sorry that I am so a noob :(

OK, new image new booting and it worked but I can not connect to wifi. The dongle I use directly with the pi does not work. The light of the dongle is out. But at the same port the keyboard is working. It is strange because with the modified cmdline.txt and config.txt it did not work. Nothing worked with the USB ports

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:38 pm

Sent helder a privet text. He wil help you. Also keep in mint not all wifi stick are working with raspberry pi.

onesojourner

Post by onesojourner » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:45 pm

I am in the same boat right now. I cannot get a keyboard or usb stick to work. On my keyboards the lights flash for a second like it is going to work then they go off. Any thoughts?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:16 pm

USB stick is very spotty so some work and most don't. Read the first post for info on getting wifi to work, basically when you put the cmdline.txt and config.txt edits in place most keyboards don't work with usb1.1 but there is a list of the ones that do on the first post.

Using a working keyboard you can edit the wifi settings and transfer files that way if the usb stick isn't working.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Mike-Zulu

Post by Mike-Zulu » Mon May 01, 2017 2:04 am

ok now I tried it again with an old USB keyboard. But when I start the Wifi Setup a Linux window (like Dos Window) opened and with the text
Raspian CMM/Linux ... *too small*
Retropie Login

why that???? :(
Attachments
2017-05-01-10.06.37.jpg
2017-05-01-10.06.37.jpg (237.59 KiB) Viewed 18873 times

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Mon May 01, 2017 2:15 am

Mike-Zulu wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 2:04 am
ok now I tried it again with an old USB keyboard. But when I start the Wifi Setup a Linux window (like Dos Window) opened and with the text
Raspian CMM/Linux ... *too small*
Retropie Login

why that???? :(
Ok i notice that you do trail and error. And thats this your first time doing this. Dont get me wrong more guys here are like you. But the problem you having is nothing to do with the board.

First use the search buttom here on sudomod. There you find you retropi login seccond use google and youtube. U wil learn aloud there.

And most inportent when you buy helders or camble or kites board. Always always read the instructions. And if your board is not working sent helder a replay that your board needs to be repairt.

Hope it helps

Mike-Zulu

Post by Mike-Zulu » Mon May 01, 2017 7:12 am

ok for all who stuck at the same point: I used a Linux Live CD (like Knoppix) and copied the roms to the mounted retropie image (USB Card Reader). Now it works ;D

only the sound is very low but the wheel is on full power
Attachments
wheel.jpg
wheel.jpg (211.29 KiB) Viewed 19277 times