All in One PCB Support Thread

Rod2D2

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by Rod2D2 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:12 am

Helder wrote:
Rod2D2 wrote:Helder Sorry to repeat a question that may have already been answered. The previous thread got a little complicated. I'm not using an analog stick so if I install the capacitors as instructed on the analog area will I still need to reprogram the board?
The fix stabilizes the analog reading a bit but it still has issues with random control movements. Best thing is to reprogram it either with the Arduino IDE and some luck with bootloader mode or a USBasp. If you ground the pads instead it's a little more stable, I'm going to see if using some resistors in place of the caps will have better results but in the end reprogramming it is the way to go and it's cheap to get a solid programmer.

Ok thanks. I have the limited white board, do I need to program through the USBasp or can I program with the pre installed attached micro USB port?

SwingeyP

Post by SwingeyP » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:57 am

I swapped the wires as requested. Plugged in the USB and hey presto I got something. Connected to the pi but still can not see it connected.

Plugged back in to windows 10 and now nothing. All drivers have just gone! - Weirdest thing ever.
Not hiding in 'show hidden devices' just not there.

Are there any drivers to download, install, anything to just at least test the board. At present its just a nothing. I can't program it as I can't see it, there's no port to connect to.

How do I progress?

This system would certainly benefit from something like the KADE project. A program to flash the device and a button test utility.
The pi see's my KADE in all forms.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[color=#8000BF][b][size=85]https://www. ... b][/color][/size][/size]

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:10 am

day wrote:say I get the last version of the board, will it be possible to wire a second analog stick and 4 buttons on the back ? or should I need to add another board ?
This only has support for 1 analog stick and that's it, the X and Y axis are tied to analog Pins A0 and A1 so for another stick you need more pads to Analog Pins A2 and A3 which I don't have connected. I don't want to have to answer this gain so anyone with 2 Analog Sticks as an idea it's not possible with the board or code.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:18 am

Rod2D2 wrote:
Helder wrote:
Rod2D2 wrote:Helder Sorry to repeat a question that may have already been answered. The previous thread got a little complicated. I'm not using an analog stick so if I install the capacitors as instructed on the analog area will I still need to reprogram the board?
The fix stabilizes the analog reading a bit but it still has issues with random control movements. Best thing is to reprogram it either with the Arduino IDE and some luck with bootloader mode or a USBasp. If you ground the pads instead it's a little more stable, I'm going to see if using some resistors in place of the caps will have better results but in the end reprogramming it is the way to go and it's cheap to get a solid programmer.

Ok thanks. I have the limited white board, do I need to program through the USBasp or can I program with the pre installed attached micro USB port?
It's all here:
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1176

and you can use the USB port on the board for this.

SwingeyP wrote:I swapped the wires as requested. Plugged in the USB and hey presto I got something. Connected to the pi but still can not see it connected.

Plugged back in to windows 10 and now nothing. All drivers have just gone! - Weirdest thing ever.
Not hiding in 'show hidden devices' just not there.

Are there any drivers to download, install, anything to just at least test the board. At present its just a nothing. I can't program it as I can't see it, there's no port to connect to.

How do I progress?

This system would certainly benefit from something like the KADE project. A program to flash the device and a button test utility.
The pi see's my KADE in all forms.
Follow the link above and it has all the info on how to program it and the drivers to install. In your photos which are always very minimal I don't see how you have it wired from the USB connections on the board to whatever cable you're using to connect the board to the PC, post more pictures with the cables and wire setups.

The program to flash it is the Arduino IDE which is linked above, the only issue was that I used the SparkFun Bootloader which is a pain to get into bootloader mode. Get the cheap $3 USBasp programmer I have linked in the Preorder thread and use that to program it, super cheap super simple but you will have to wait a little longer to finish the project since it's coming from China.

I'll have a guide up soon to use it and it's a no fuss and easy process.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

RetroGamingNow

Post by RetroGamingNow » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:50 pm

In case anyones interested. I purchased http://www.ebay.com/itm/172155464552?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT today as its in the US as well as http://www.ebay.com/itm/321896769200?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT. Should ship substantially quicker but run a couple extra dollars. Worth it to me than to wait 3 weeks! Hopefully i bought the right stuff. lol

hueblo

Post by hueblo » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:17 am

Hello

I finally hooked up my all in one yesterday. It was initially detected and I was able to program it with retropie (had to program it twice in order for it to work correctly). I then hooked up a usb port to test the usb hub of the board and hooked up a edimax wireless card that worked with retropie on a different usb hub. As soon as I booted up the gamepad was no longer detected, if I disconnect the edimax it worked again. Anyone have a similar issue? Can someone please check my wiring? (Including audio) Sorry about the image overload.

I just noticed helders previous post. Should I swap my green and white? I followed the diagram, green = D+ = pp22 and white = D- =pp23 right?

Update: I connected a usb keyboard this morning to see if will detect the keyboard and the game pad was still not detected. I removed the keyboard and rebooted and the All in one is no longer detected at all. Used a 2nd Pi0 with the same result. Cut and re-soldered all the wires no go. Also made sure I did not bridge the USB connector no the Pi0. Any advice will be welcomed.

Last edited by hueblo on Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

RetroGamingNow

Post by RetroGamingNow » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:00 pm

Okay so I got her up and running finally. (Grounded joystick, had to reprogram controls twice) Tested a couple games. Sounds working well too. Only trouble left is cannot get any ports on the USB hub to read an USB drive so I can move roms back and forth to the pi. I've tried powering the port directly to the power strip I made. If tried driving it from the all in one board itself. Not sure what the problem is. Every once in a while it worked but for the most part it doesn't want to power up or read anything. I had the ports power supply coming from the power boost like Wermy had done and then the green and white running to the USB hub on the all in one and got nothing. Anyone have any ideas? Oh yea I also tried hooking up another USB hub (the same one Wermy used) in place of the all in one and it worked perfectly to read the external USB drive BUUUUT then I had no controls from the all in one anymore.

a3k4

Post by a3k4 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:24 am

My wiring diagrams and schematics for Helder's boards and graceful shutdowns.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:13 pm

So here is how it should be: You power the AIO with the power supply something like the Powerboost DIRECTLY into the USB from Pi Zero 5V and GND pads. This powers the board and also distributes the power to all the USB Ports of the HUB, in fact they receive power before the USB Hub chip, be sure you're power it this way and also check with a multimeter to see if there is voltage there.

hueblo

Post by hueblo » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:18 pm

Hello @helder

If that post was meant for me I followed a3k4's template right before the 2.4 update. I have the AIO's negative and possitive hooked up through a bread board to the powerboost 1000C, the LCD and the pi0 are also hooked the same way. The D+ is hooked up to PP22 and D- is hooked up to PP23 of the pi0. Both the LCD and pi0 power up with no problem. I also tested the power to the AIO and did see 5V including the other USB ports. Like I said before it did work a few times and I was able to program the buttons through retropie but after hooking up the USB connector I made it started to have this detect issue. Any suggestions? Also can you confirm the wiring based on the images I provided as far is the D+/D- goes.