All in One PCB Support Thread

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: All in One PCB Support Thread

Post by Helder » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:43 pm

By reading a few pages back but I'll save you the work. PWM audio is analog so therefore it is very prone to picking up interference from data lines and power supplies like the switching ones all builds use.

So on to the fixes, you need to shield your PWM wires as well as your volume wheel wires. Also move any data and power lines away from the left side of the board which has all the audio circuitry.

How do you shield the wires you may ask? Wrap 1 single wire around all the said wires (could be 2) and solder each end of this wire to a GND PAD.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Lololo

Post by Lololo » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:11 am

Hello is still me ... always for the same problem sound.

I installed a DAC USB...if i connect the speaker directly on the DAC, I have a clear and strong sound ... if I connect on L / R / G out, the sound is very week with many parasite.
20170723_141038.jpg
20170723_141038.jpg (4.64 MiB) Viewed 12513 times
So it is possible to connect it directly to the jack and speaker?

Thanks

Lololo

Post by Lololo » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:18 pm

Sorry to insist but this is the last problem to finish my gbz ... otherwise I plug it directly on the speaker :(

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:44 pm

Look on the first post for the headphone socket pinout and solder your usb dac wires there and you should be set.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Paraben

Post by Paraben » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:56 am

Hi there, i buyed a Gameboy Zero - Set on Ebay. The Seller uses the first PCB from Helder.
Everything works fine, but i miss the shoulder-triggers for snes-games an there is no speaker.
Is it possible to do something against the problems with pcb 1.0?

Edit:
F****. It was a cheap Buy, too cheap. It was very bad soldered. The Gamepadwire for (UP) loss conection. Do you have an "PCB to GPIO" wiring-Picture? I don't know where to solder.

Lphillimore

Post by Lphillimore » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:15 am

Sorry to hear that.

Both relatively easy fixes in their own right, however skeptical that there is no speaker ...any headphone jack?

Do you have any pics you can post?

Paraben

Post by Paraben » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:42 pm

As you can see- no headphone jack, just an unwired speaker.
Attachments
02.jpg
02.jpg (334.33 KiB) Viewed 12385 times
01.jpg
01.jpg (436.78 KiB) Viewed 12385 times

y2jb

Post by y2jb » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:28 am

I ordered the AIO board:
https://www.retrogamingnow.com/pro-shop ... -pcb-board

I have a question: Is the board itself powered from the 5V input on the powerstrip? I can't see anywhere else...

Thanks

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:03 am

y2jb wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:28 am
I ordered the AIO board:
https://www.retrogamingnow.com/pro-shop ... -pcb-board

I have a question: Is the board itself powered from the 5V input on the powerstrip? I can't see anywhere else...

Thanks
thats correct (5v and Gnd).....

but i'm not sure about that pre-order you've just ordered....
if its not available here to pre-order, how are they able to offer it.....

id contact them just to be sure, if they dont have it or can get hold of one (as i suspect) best to get your money back....

if you hang tight, there should be an updated version of this board dropping soon (maybe another 3-4 weeks at the most, i could be wrong)

mlapaglia

Post by mlapaglia » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:39 am

Hello,

I have two aio boards, each one can be programmed successfully with the usbasp device. When I attach either to the pi it never detects the USB connection. I have a keyboard I attach to the same USB port on the pi and that works successfully. When I use `lsusb` I only see the keyboard listed.

Here's a bad picture I took. Note the pi is now getting power from the AIO, it is no longer soldered to the adafruit power adapter anymore. I have even tried reversing the USB wires to no avail. I have tried a new SD card, reflashing the retropie OS onto each card several times. I tried several different power supplies, with and without the battery plugged in. I have reflowed the solder on the cpu on both boards as well. I have also used a different raspberry pi zero. I have checked that I am getting 5v to all of the solder holes on the AIO when it's powered up.