USB keyboard issues

sbharri2

USB keyboard issues

Post by sbharri2 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:07 am

I feel like I am missing one tiny piece of information that will get me to the finish line. Here is where I am:

-I am using the helder 2.2 board.
-I have loaded the config and cmdline files on the SD flash from helders support thread that is supposed to rectify the USB issue.
-The board works fine with the gamepad controls until I plug in a USB keyboard. At that point both the usb and gamepad no longer work.
-I have plugged in the usb keyboard to both the port that is coming off the helder 2.2 board (HUB 3) and also the pi. Both with the same results.
-if I remove the helder 2.2 D+ and D- from the pi, the usb keyboard will work when plugged directly into the pi.
-I have twisted all my usb D+ D- wires.
-I am using A3k4's wiring diagram that includes the safe shutdown.
-I have also tried pluggin in a wifi dongle into USB HUB3 on the helder board. It always causes a power surge and the system restarts. Once it restarts, the gamepad does not work until I unplug the wifi dongle. At that point the gamepad resumes operation.

Can someone help me with what I am missing?

Thank you for you help

-sbharri2

VeteranGamer

Re: USB keyboard issues

Post by VeteranGamer » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:21 pm

sbharri2 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:07 am
I feel like I am missing one tiny piece of information that will get me to the finish line. Here is where I am:

-I am using the helder 2.2 board.
-I have loaded the config and cmdline files on the SD flash from helders support thread that is supposed to rectify the USB issue.
-The board works fine with the gamepad controls until I plug in a USB keyboard. At that point both the usb and gamepad no longer work.
-I have plugged in the usb keyboard to both the port that is coming off the helder 2.2 board (HUB 3) and also the pi. Both with the same results.
-if I remove the helder 2.2 D+ and D- from the pi, the usb keyboard will work when plugged directly into the pi.
-I have twisted all my usb D+ D- wires.
-I am using A3k4's wiring diagram that includes the safe shutdown.
-I have also tried pluggin in a wifi dongle into USB HUB3 on the helder board. It always causes a power surge and the system restarts. Once it restarts, the gamepad does not work until I unplug the wifi dongle. At that point the gamepad resumes operation.

Can someone help me with what I am missing?

Thank you for you help

-sbharri2

you could have a power issue....

please show images of your setup....
images of your solder work and how you have everything setup....

also how your powering everything....